Sign in to follow this  
Scorchie™

11 Years!

So, 11 and a bit years ago (August 18th, 2003) we launched DTV/AV Forums on new infrastructure following the "independence" from the DBA.

An example of that glorious software (known as Snitz) is viewable here:

Happy 11th :-)

+ 1

Happy 11th DTV/AVF! :D

JSmith :ninja:

That brings back some memories.

By way of history, I formed and managed the broadcaster & supplier industry funded Digital Broadcasting Australia from 1999-2006. The DBA website was launched in 2001 and the DBA Forum in 2002.

Prior to DBA being wound up in 2006 (the Federal Government thought that the coordination of the digital switchover should be funded by the tax payer rather than industry), I purchased the forum and renamed it the DTV Forum. With digital switchover complete, the forum was recently renamed the AV Forum.

Throughout most of this time, Scorchie has been the forum's troubleshooter, technical advisor, and occasional peacemaker. He has effectively kept the lights on.

Thanks Scorchie, much appreciated.

That brings back some memories.

~

Throughout most of this time, Scorchie has been the forum's troubleshooter, technical advisor, and occasional peacemaker. He has effectively kept the lights on.

Thanks Scorchie, much appreciated.

I'll second that,

and add,

that I have appreciated his insight

and his straight down the line approach

to the many situations that arose during those years.

By way of history, I formed and managed the broadcaster & supplier industry funded Digital Broadcasting Australia from 1999-2006. The DBA website was launched in 2001 and the DBA Forum in 2002.

I used to read the DBA site back before the forum was started; such was my enthusiasm for dtv and all it promised.

Congrats for the major role you played in the beginning and workings of the DBA.

Incorporating the new was slower than we had all expected and painfully and vastly more expensive in those early days of change.

Prior to DBA being wound up in 2006 (the Federal Government thought that the coordination of the digital switchover should be funded by the tax payer rather than industry), I purchased the forum and renamed it the DTV Forum. With digital switchover complete, the forum was recently renamed the AV Forum.

The contribution you have so generously made by purchasing the Forum has never been overlooked by most here.

Over the past eleven year many have received so much from these forums, and likewise many have given so much.

I am happy that I have been a very small part (of this experience).

Congratulations. 11 years later and SD is still on our primary channels...