Sign in to follow this  
davep

Liking A Post?

This forum is nowhere near as serious as stereo.net which is the way I like it...

Light hearted jokes and taking the p!ss...

Seems those days are gone around here now... :no:

JSmith :ninja:

Not a ground breaking suggestion, but sometimes when I just want to acknowledge the fact that i've read a post, without feeling the need to reply further, a "like" button works well, as is used on some other forums.

A fair suggestion I reckon, with no reply as yet from the powers that be other than a suspension for the OP,

...other than a suspension for the OP,

That's usually what happens when you throw abuse at someone from behind the safety of a keyboard.

Maybe you should reread the thread, because the rest of us know where it went off track.

After 3 positive response, you told him to leave the site.

And maybe read the Mods comments too.

Maybe you should reread the thread, because the rest of us know where it went off track.

After 3 positive response, you told him to leave the site.

And maybe read the Mods comments too.

What gives you the impression there were 3 positive responses. I can speak for mine and suggest it was being a little sarcastic. Again if you "rerread" the thread you will see this was the case. Minty merely pointed out that he felt the suggestion was very face bookish.

What gives you the impression there were 3 positive responses. I can speak for mine and suggest it was being a little sarcastic. Again if you "rerread" the thread you will see this was the case. Minty merely pointed out that he felt the suggestion was very face bookish.

What gives me the impression? Maybe because the first 3 posts were +1's

And no, Minty told him to go to Facebook and leave this site for the grown ups. Which is why the Mod suspended him.

So you +1 but didn't agree?

What gives me the impression? Maybe because the first 3 posts were +1's

And no, Minty told him to go to Facebook and leave this site for the grown ups. Which is why the Mod suspended him.

So you +1 but didn't agree?

That's correct. Difficult to express context sometimes in print. However I would suggest that the thread has stayed on track throughout. All have expressed a preference one way or the other and anything unhelpful has been dealt with by the mods. ( myself included) And for that matter, I am only very much a new forumite but I have noticed that some other members only wish to add their 2cents the minute there is conflicting opinion. Have you noticed that? Seems bizarre

Hmmm interesting post.

If +1 = disagree with the previous post and you're saying it's difficult to express context in print! I'd suggest you maybe look at how you express yourself. +1 on this forum has always meant you agree with the post.

As a "forumite" wouldn't you find a post like yours misleading, if it meant you really disagreed?

Yes I would agree, Mintys 2c was a conflicting opinion. Bizarre? well you can call it what you like.

Hmmm interesting post.

Yes I would agree, Mintys 2c was a conflicting opinion. Bizarre? well you can call it what you like.

Yes it was. It created the "difference of opinion" and the sharks began to circle. Humphrey bogart says it best.

But anyway. Liking a post or not, it is great that we do have some good suggestions in the community whether agreed to or not.

Differing opinions are fine. It's when it includes a personal attack that the issue arises.

Anyway I think it's pretty obvious to all, so that's all I have to say on this matter.

Differing opinions are fine. It's when it includes a personal attack that the issue arises.

Anyway I think it's pretty obvious to all, so that's all I have to say on this matter.

Yes we agree. The OPs personal attack did lack a little tact. Anyway. Onwards and upwards.

Yes we agree. The OPs personal attack did lack a little tact. Anyway. Onwards and upwards.

?

OK before this topic deteriorates into debate on whether the two suspensions were justified or not,

The likes & dislike symbols would clutter threads with unnecessary mini-polls.

The '+1' has been used (sometimes) as device for bumping up a topic or bumping up post numbers with no significant contribution from the member.

If you agree with a post - reply saying why you agree with the post.

Topic closed.