Sign in to follow this  
Dexx1503560195

Recommend An Indoor Antenna

I have a TV in a room where an external antenna connection isnt possible. Can you recommend a cheap indoor antenna which works ok in a medium signal area? VHF primarily.

I have a TV in a room where an external antenna connection isnt possible. Can you recommend a cheap indoor antenna which works ok in a medium signal area? VHF primarily.

Its a bit of pot luck really. As mentioned rabbit ears are probably your best bet. You can play around with their direction but also try:

1) Stick the ears directly out to the left and right of the antenna

2) Try different amounts of retraction (fully to retracted to fully extracted)

3) Try orienting the antenna horizontally and vertically.

If you live in a suburb with good reception then its a fair bet you'll get a good signal on your antenna with a bit of experimenting. Any $20-$30 or so antenna from places like jb hifi or dick smith should be the go. They might also swap it for credit if you try it out and it doesn't work.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

I am going to suggest you to check out the DTV reception strength in your area with the myswitch website below :

http://myswitch.digitalready.gov.au/

In good reception area a $20-$40 rabbit ear with some signal amplification will be able to pick up all channels.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SqEyez12
      Is it possible to have two WISI antennas at different locations on one's roof, connected, so that they act as a single array for TV reception?
      The reason I ask is that I am in a fringe area (country NSW) and a signal survey across my roof could find no one location where all 5 channel groups (2,3,5,6,8) are good, there is always one or more channels that fail.
      So i was thinking that if you had two locations were, say, 2,3 6 were good and a second location where 5 and 8 were good, if you could have a WISI antenna at each location and connect them in some way so they formed a single array (i.e. one antenna would not interfere with the other) then one should get good reception on all channels.
      An antenna tech who did the survey today said it is not possible, but I thought I would ask here anyway.
      TIA
    • By vanderblitz
      Hello,
      I'm looking for a reputable TV antenna installer for a new single story house, with colorbond roof in Williams Landing suburb (west of Melbourne)
      Any recommendations?

Thanks

• By acg
      I finally lashed out on a Sansui TU-X1 tuner. Gotta love something worth more now than when it was new over 35 years ago, but they have a great reputation and I do desperately want to be able to listen to live concerts when possible...sort of make it a date with my wife, put the kids to bed and retreat to the music room to listen to Mahler down at QPAC or the BBC proms at Royal Albert Hall.
      So I call a local antenna mob about installing something on the roof to point at the Bunya Mountains so my ancient, overpriced, oversized black box of Japanese beauty can help me enjoy quality time with my lovely wife that I no longer have to woo but want to anyway. But there is a spanner in my plan...the antenna guy has never done an FM installation and I don't really know enough about what I need to be sure someone like that gives me the right tool for the task.
      Who am I gonna call? Where do I find info on the antenna I need in my specific situation? What can I read? All help appreciated.
      Cheers,
      Anthony
    • By legselevens
      Hi All,

I'd apprecciate your help please. I'm in Melbourne's inner north and ABC tv reception is causing grief of late. In fact it seems to happen each winter if I recall rightly. I have the signal going to a Beyonwiz pvr and through to a digital tv. Both pvr and tv have frequent major dropouts, freezing, pixelation and distorted audio and video. The pvr is a bit worse than the tv.

I've checked cable termination which appears to be okay. Behind the tv and hifi gear it looks like a cable Bunga Bunga party so not sure this is affecting the signal. There appears to be no pattern to it other than it is mostly evenings onwards and in winter. Happens whether hifi is on or not etc.

I have a rabbit ears antenna in the shed which I'll try but any advice on how to fix this?

Cheers,

Legs11