Soniq E55S14A And Netflix

Hey guys

Just picked up a new Soniq TV. E55S14A

Not a bad unit

Does anyone know a way to get the Netflix App installed on the TV?

I can run it through my Xbox 360, but if I could get it directly through my TV would be better.

Thanks in advance

Treadders

, but if I couldE55S14A
E55S14A

• 2 years later...

Well I'm not surprised that your Soniq TV was dead. 

I purchased one of their large refurbished smartTV models (E47S14A) about four months ago.   I recently decided to start using the "smart" functions to watch Netflix, iView and other online TV services installed.  Basic stuff really.  But so far it's been a complete dead end.

Soniq SmartTV runs Android and although the latest version of android is 7 something, my relatively new Soniq runs version 4.2.1.   Soniq has no plans to make an upgrade available. 

Since it's an android TV, I called Google to see what they had to say.  The result: basically Soniq is incompatible with Google Play which is where you download android apps like Netflix, iView and any other decent app from.  Google suggested using the TV's own marketplace from the TV menu to see what apps are available there.  Well, I took their advice and had a look.  There were only 25 applications in total and it was stuff like twitter, evernote and adobe reader - stuff you would use on a computer and not on a smartTV.  No netflix, amazonTV, iView or anything like it.  

From what I can see, Soniq did a deal with a mob called Cinevision to make a smartTV.  Cinevision is what you see when you first turn on the TV.  So it looks like cinevision monopolized the availability of movies on Soniq so when you go to "cinevision" from the TV menu you see a couple of hundred B grade movies at $3.99 each.  What!

Bottom line, if you want to use a "smart tv" don't buy Soniq before checking with them that the model will do what you want it do.  Ask them if you can watch Netflix, that's where all the movie and TV series action is these days.  It leaves Foxtel for dead... and Soniq.