Sign in to follow this  
DR.ZOIDBERG

Good Hdmi Switch

Hey guys

In need of a good quality auto switch HDMI Switch. My TV only has 2 inputs and I'm in the need of 4.

Anyone recommend me a good quality long lasting one that won't do anything to the image or sound quality.

Love to get one with a small power supply thingy.

Guest EZYHD

gee thanks Quark for heads up...

My good woman used QuarkXpress in DTP for years :flowers:

Thanks

So since it has auto function I don't really need to use the remote it comes with correct?

Also, do these have a small power plug in part?

gee thanks Quark for heads up...

My good woman used QuarkXpress in DTP for years :flowers:

You're welcome Foxy. As for DTP, that's something I've managed to avoid, so far.

Thanks

So since it has auto function I don't really need to use the remote it comes with correct?

Also, do these have a small power plug in part?

It's HDMI, you can't rely on the auto function - manufacturers insist that all EDID data is written while the programmers are on a 7 day bender (or it often seems like that). :)

I think these have a separate wall wart power supply - Foxtail should be able to confirm.

Foxtail your thoughts?

Really was hoping for the auto switch to work

Hey guys

Anyone recommend me a good quality long lasting one that won't do anything to the image or sound quality.

You can look for a better built HDMI switch for longevity, but even the cheapest won't do anything to your sound or video quality.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Edited by pgdownload

For 27 bucks I don't think it's a big risk.... I'd buy one for sure and Foxy will be there if it plays up too so just go for it Doc.

Oppo did make one too but I'm not sure if they still do and I doubt it passes 3D ?

Here's the support page for the oppo one https://www.oppodigital.com/hm31/hm31_support.aspx

Can you recommend one?

Another reason to buy foxy's is future hdmi versions Dr z that would save more money when you have to passthrough higher bandwidths and replace your current unit ; though that won't happen for quite a while -_-

When switching devices [to get around any stupid edid handshakes ] it's a good idea to switch the current source off before starting up another . Doing that I had no problems with my 4x2 matrix switcher from foxy :thumbsup: Otherwise the lowest common denominator edid device may downrez or screw with your audio if bitstreaming for example ..

Hey guys

In need of a good quality auto switch HDMI Switch. My TV only has 2 inputs and I'm in the need of 4.

Just curious, is that because you don't have or it's in addition to an AVR?

Yes

This is not my main setup

It's the faintly room TV

The lounge room is fine atm

I have Foxy's one and it is controlled by the Harmony remote that I guess "confirms" it is on the correct input. Has never failed to connect the correct input (3)

Guest EZYHD

The switcher will go to whatever device is on, most don't use the supplied remote.

it will pass 3D.