2014 Marantz

The only thing I have noticed so far is I had to change my PVR audio from PCM to dolby as it would only give me stereo via PCM which I never had an issue with my Yamaha.

FTA audio is either mpeg2 stereo pcm or 2ch/5,1 bitstreamed dolby digital monaro . Your pvr may be downmixing to 2.0 or you may be applying a dsp mode with the yammie ..double check your settings .

I wouldnt worry ; very little chance the marantz cant process the lossy streams properly :thumbsup:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTA audio is either mpeg2 stereo pcm or 2ch/5,1 bitstreamed dolby digital monaro . Your pvr may be downmixing to 2.0 or you may be applying a dsp mode with the yammie ..double check your settings .

I wouldnt worry ; very little chance the marantz cant process the lossy streams properly :thumbsup:

It is not a problem, it's working now with dolby, I have not plugged the yamaha back in to confirm but it was always used in straight passthrough mode and would give me either 2ch or 5.1 depending on what I was watching, although it is possible that it has been working like that since getting a new topfield recently and this was just the first time I noticed.

I got REW up and running again and it has confirmed my thoughts that Audyssey handles Sub EQ better. My yamaha needed a fair amount of tweaking to get close to an acceptable range but could never get it this flat.

• 1 month later...

Sounds great. Still tweaking I only did a quick 8 point Audyssey. I still am going to try a proper 8 point when it's all quiet. I also have the Audyssey pro but I need to buy the license for that

But for now it's crystal clear and very immersive.

And I'm only using 5.1 no atmos.

I'm also using the center dialogue on -3

What do others use ????

Denis

Bass is better in the 7702 where on the 8801 stock xt32 had to bump it up a bit

That could simply be a calibration issue?

Even moving your microphone up a little can result in a change in volume, which is often interpreted as a difference in sound quality.

Nah the av8801 and the 4520 both had sub vol lower. It has been discussed everywhere even choppy a who had the av8801 said the sun is lower and had to bump it up a few decimals the 7702 the level is higher. Than it was in the av8801.

I had both units and the 4520 and 8801 did the same to me

Even though I set the levels before Audyssey to 75db

That was a minor thing I just upped it a bit and was fine.

• 3 weeks later...

..and whatever they tell us we will not want to hear :no:

hdcp 2.2 will kill off a lot of stuff we do, it's not backward compatible and will have keys for devices. Hollywood are going to love it

Some guru out there will find a way around it.

nothing is infallible.

Some guru out there will find a way around it.

nothing is infallible.

Trouble is Chris its hardwired into all the next gen equipment chipsets including sources ; repeaters[avr's etc] and sinks [panels ; projectors]

If one segment of the chain cant use its edid with another its dead :no: wonderful stuff eh :nuke:

Trouble is Chris its hardwired into all the next gen equipment chipsets including sources ; repeaters[avr's etc] and sinks [panels ; projectors]

If one segment of the chain cant use its edid with another its dead :no: wonderful stuff eh :nuke:

Yikes. Looks like the demand for new Ferrari's will be on the increase in Hollywood next year.

Solution is to stay with 1080 and sit further back :D

Yikes. Looks like the demand for new Ferrari's will be on the increase in Hollywood next year.

Solution is to stay with 1080 and sit further back :D

Exactly ; I dont have room for a bigger screen :ermm:

Hi guys,

Just noticed this thread and since I received my 7009 on Wednesday arvo, I thought I'd chime in here. I havn't read through all the thread yet so hope i'm in the right place.

Just thought I'd mention that I switched it on this morning and it had a notification for firmware update, so that is what its doing atm - estimated time 52minutes. Said something about improving stability and something else I think.

After a day of playing with it i'm pretty happy so far. Just a quick question, I have run Audyssey, should I run it again after a certain amount of 'burn in?'

Anyway, thanks to the guys @TCC for their professionalism, and the courier they used who also went out of their way for me :)

Ok thanks Pete, and will most certainly rerun it if or when more speakers are added.

Another quick question, my TV audio seems a little low, its connected via optical to the receiver. It appears volume is max on the tv output, had to bump up the db to +10 on the digital input on the receiver. Is this ok? Will check it out again tonight.

Nice room BTW!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Appears our Hong Kong neighbours are lucky getting the upgrade board fitted for free we are not so lucky..........

$400 for the 2.2 board and when the factory fitted 8802A becomes available in around 3 months the price jumps up $400 retail on current RRP.

http://www.marantz.com.hk/eng/News/Pages/NewsDetails.aspx?NewsID=10

Edited by juddy