For Sale: Sony Vw1000Es 4K

I've recently switched to a VW1100ES (retail new $25999) and need to sell my 18 month old VW1000. It has lamp hours in the low hundreds with a fresh bulb installed only recently(its fully boxed up so I can't go back an check it precisely). I am offering it for $13K, fully boxed all items in original wrapping. Please don't haggle on the price, I am offering it at as much of a discount I can afford having paid for a new projector already. If you don't know what VW1000 is worth please do some research, they are still listed at full retail locally and for $22K+ new from legit retailers in the US. I can ship anywhere in Australia for free.

http://www.sony.com....vplvw1000es syq

uo79.png

Edited by OzHTfan

what a beast!! rare to see a full native 4K projector on the sales forum. Anyone looking at upgrading to a JVC X900 should seriously consider this.

Thanks for noting that. Very true. It really needs to go soon. I am going to have to list it on Ebay if I don't have a serious buyer by next week as I have to actually pay the account on my new proj and it's getting to be overdue very quickly..

Good Luck, would advertising it on consignment at a high end HT store or the AV Forums get you more exposure?

Thanks. I don't really have time for consignment and their are no 'high-end' stores near me unless I travel an hr to Syd. It's also listed on AVS Forums. I don't use AV Forums personally. No hits from AVS as yet either.

Any reason you didn't just perform the upgrade on your 1000?

Yeah the upgrade's taken way too long to become available. US owners have only been getting them in dribs and drabs since last month. My contact at Sony had also lead me to believe I could do a trade in with them but then renegged after I'd installed the 1100. So now I'm stuck with both and not about to rip the 1100 out and lose the upgrade, only to have to wait a quoted 2 months for one for the 1000. Easier in theory to sell the 1000..

Mate just out of curiosity, whats the difference between the VW1000 and VW1100? Checked the specs and they both seem similar on almost every which way.

As dyates69 hinted at, the 1100 comes with the HDMI update board already installed, which also has slightly revised Reality Creation mode implementation. Otherwise it's identical.

Right fair enough, I was just curious thanks.

No dramas.

For those potentially interested in the unit I am in discussion with a potential buyer as we speak, so the unit may not be available for much longer. Thanks

Edit: also for those wondering about warranty, the unit is under warranty until 16/02/15.

Edited by OzHTfan