Onkyo Pr-Sc5509 9.2 Ch 3D Thx Ultra2 Plus A/v Processor/ Preamplifier - Black

Supporting the buyer in the right way is what we all suggested.

How many times do you hear someone come and complain of a DOA sale here in dtv?

Refund is between seller n buyer. If buyer feels he was cheated, he's got his options.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supporting the buyer in the right way is what we all suggested.

How many times do you hear someone come and complain of a DOA sale here in dtv?

Refund is between seller n buyer. If buyer feels he was cheated, he's got his options.

What options is that?

He doesn't need a lawyer to go to NCAT, that's one of it's purposes - low cost disputes.

Yeh that's when you sit down with a mediator and try to come to a resolution, I went through it with a mechanic who did work on my car, if unsuccessful you then have to go to court, and trust me it cost dollars.

"A consumer’s claim must be against a supplier carrying on a business and not a private person. The cause of action accrued must be no more than 3 years, and the goods or services were supplied no more than 10 years before the date the application is lodged."

http://www.cc.ncat.nsw.gov.au/cc/Divisions/Consumer_claims.page

Edited by SVS A8

Don't know.. maybe stick a few dogs up your ass?? - as HiFi-Whipped recently suggested suggested :logik:

:whistle:

Ooohhh shaking in my boots.

Didn't it cross your mind maybe the buyer stuffed up the unit himself, sounds a bit dull headed to me.

He was talking about doing DIY repairs to the HDMI board.

Edited by SVS A8

Ooohhh shaking in my boots.

Didn't it cross your mind maybe the buyer stuffed up the unit himself, sounds a bit dull headed to me.

Hey I am not taking sides - really! Buyer could have stuffed up I agree.

If the buyer contacted you immediately after receiving the item and complained it of not working, then I think it weighs more or on your part. If the buyer complained after a few days after using it, then buyer pays for his mistake.

So question comes - how soon did buyer complain about the problem to you? Would you feel a little obligated to help out in this situation considering it was _only_ a $100 fix that was advertised? How long has it not been used before you sold it? So many questions - but majority of people here expects you to be understanding and help resolve this.

It could have been anyone of us - and that's why so much of attention to this problem. That's all.

Further proof you are just a dick! From my experience you don't have to have an electronics degree to plug a unit in and turn it on do you, or that a special gift you think only you possess?

Here's hoping you do have the integrity many here thought you were lacking and this ugly little sale you have created has a happy ending!

Edited by Hi-Fi Whipped

Unbelievable Jai!

This is very poor form! you sent me a unit that was DOA and then tell me you don't know what I had done to it to cause it not to turn on. Your ad states that the unit was in mint condition and ONLY the HDMI Man was not working. Mint condition does not mean having the power supply being mucked with inside the unit and also as you stated having the HDMI board screws being replaced. Why would I damage the unit? for sh!ts and giggles because I have nothing better to do with my time.

I couldn't care less about the $1900 for the unit. It's the principle of the whole thing, whether it was $5 or $500. The way you conduct business like this is unethical and just shows everyone the type of person you are. Karma has a funny way of working and I promise you it will creep around and bite you in the ass when you're least expecting.

I won't bother you with this anymore, just hope you can sleep well at night with your loved ones knowing that you ripped off someone for a measly $1900.

Spend a few minutes and have a look through what I do and how I treat others in my line of work. This makes me sleep at night. http://www.agesture.org/meet-the-team/ I truly hope you one day realise what you have done and help out a fellow brother/sister.

Good luck in life.

Lam

Further proof you are just a dick! From my experience you don't have to have an electronics degree to plug a unit in and turn it on do you, or that a special gift you think only you possess?

Here's hoping you do have the integrity many here thought you were lacking and this ugly little sale you have created has a happy ending!

The righteous has spoken!

He was talking about doing DIY repairs to the HDMI board.

I said to you via email that I was handy with a soldering iron and could probably fix the unit myself to get the main hdmi output working. When you sent me the link one what to do I told you that was way beyond my capabilities.

Unbelievable Jai!

This is very poor form! you sent me a unit that was DOA and then tell me you don't know what I had done to it to cause it not to turn on. Your ad states that the unit was in mint condition and ONLY the HDMI Man was not working. Mint condition does not mean having the power supply being mucked with inside the unit and also as you stated having the HDMI board screws being replaced. Why would I damage the unit? for sh!ts and giggles because I have nothing better to do with my time.

I couldn't care less about the $1900 for the unit. It's the principle of the whole thing, whether it was $5 or $500. The way you conduct business like this is unethical and just shows everyone the type of person you are. Karma has a funny way of working and I promise you it will creep around and bite you in the ass when you're least expecting.

I won't bother you with this anymore, just hope you can sleep well at night with your loved ones knowing that you ripped off someone for a measly $1900.

Spend a few minutes and have a look through what I do and how I treat others in my line of work. This makes me sleep at night. http://www.agesture.org/meet-the-team/ I truly hope you one day realise what you have done and help out a fellow brother/sister.

Good luck in life.

Lam

Yeh keep killing animals and gorging there flesh and distribute it to others, hope it makes you sleep better at night. Karma has it's way of coming back on you.

veg-karma-in-action.jpg

I sent a working unit, sorry it isn't working for you. I will sleep better tonight knowing that.

Edited by SVS A8

If the buyer contacted you immediately after receiving the item and complained it of not working, then I think it weighs more or on your part. If the buyer complained after a few days after using it, then buyer pays for his mistake.

So question comes - how soon did buyer complain about the problem to you? Would you feel a little obligated to help out in this situation considering it was _only_ a $100 fix that was advertised? How long has it not been used before you sold it? So many questions - but majority of people here expects you to be understanding and help resolve this.

I received the unit on 03/04/14 at around 11am, I started to hook it up at around 11:30am. 11:50am I sent SVS A8 the following email:

Hi Jai

Just received the unit and hooked it up. It won’t power up and there is a constant clicking sound. Sounds like a relay. Nothing lights up and no display message.

Please call me to discuss this.

So you can pretty much see I contacted him almost an hour after receiving the unit.

Yeh keep killing animals and gorging there flesh and distribute it to others, hope it makes you sleep better at night. Karma has it's way of coming back on you.

veg-karma-in-action.jpg

I sent a working unit, sorry it isn't working for you. I will sleep better tonight knowing that.

veg-karma-in-action.jpg

You obviously didn't read through what my organisation does. We only distribute fruit and vegetables from big distributors who would otherwise throw it away.

Focus SVS A8 - We are talking of a faulty crapped up Onkyo Pr-Sc5509 that you sold to someone for MONEY!

I received the unit on 03/04/14 at around 11am, I started to hook it up at around 11:30am. 11:50am I sent SVS A8 the following email:

Hi Jai

Just received the unit and hooked it up. It won’t power up and there is a constant clicking sound. Sounds like a relay. Nothing lights up and no display message.

Please call me to discuss this.

So you can pretty much see I contacted him almost an hour after receiving the unit.

SVS A8 - What more would someone have to prove? Do you want his electrical system measurements? Do you want to test if he know how to connect his power cord to a power outlet? Want to test his IQ level? What more would you need to get in your head that - you may not have provided a working system to Lamtran ??

Edited by thamps

There is nothing I can do, the money is no longer in my account for a refund. I explained that already, quit bashing cause there is no way you can get it back even if I wanted to.

Second point: If you send me the unit I can replace the screws and try and find the fault and repair it myself, this is all that is within my power, I am not willing to spend mega bucks I don't have to repair it in the workshop. The turn around time may be weeks, or months.

You might have to cut your losses and repair it yourself, I paid $2200 to get a dud JVC PJ and lost $1400 to sell it at a mega f#$king loss to someone here so get off my f$#king ass mofo's.

Edited by SVS A8

I paid $2200 to get a dud JVC PJ and lost $1400 to sell it at a mega f#$king loss to someone here so get off my f$#king ass mofo's.

So because you had a bad experience with a faulty unit you thought it was alright to do the same to another forum member to recoup your loss.

Shame on you.

So because you had a bad experience with a faulty unit you thought it was alright to do the same to another forum member to recoup your loss.

Shame on you.

No, the unit was working to my knowledge.

I have some Nigerian friends that would be very interested in any bank details you might have lamtran :hyper:

... and there we have it, the true moral character of the child who wants to pretend he is a man.

Having made (several it seems) bad purchases he feels he is justified in selling them onto others without full disclosure.

This is not how adults behave and it is not how decent members of society conduct exchange transactions ... sounds like Karma has already started on the payback and it also sounds as though there is a long list of meateaters waiting for their pound of flesh from you.

No matter how many turnips you eat, what you put out into this world will come back to bite (and eat) you buddy.

Ooohhh that sent shivers down my spine!

There is nothing I can do, the money is no longer in my account for a refund. I explained that already, quit bashing cause there is no way you can get it back even if I wanted to.

Second point: If you send me the unit I can replace the screws and try and find the fault and repair it myself, this is all that is within my power, I am not willing to spend mega bucks I don't have to repair it in the workshop. The turn around time may be weeks, or months.

You might have to cut your losses and repair it yourself, I paid $2200 to get a dud JVC PJ and lost $1400 to sell it at a mega f#$king loss to someone here so get off my f$#king ass mofo's.

Not only financially bankrupt, but morally also.

Ive been with this forum for around 3 years now and this has to be one of the most despicable actions I have seen from a forum member, ever. lamtran, i'm sorry for what you had to go through mate and its definitely not how this forum operates. This forum is home to some of the most knowledgeable people in HT/electronics and i'm confident that we can all help in finding a solution to your issue. That processor is a good bit of kit and unless the internals are completely fried you should be able to get it up and running soon. Parts for your Onkyo (Power supply, HDMI boards) can be bought from Singapore and Malaysia pretty easily and on the cheap. Keep your chin up mate.

SVS A8/Jai. Man....seriously? Karma will always take care of things and you should be ashamed of yourself. Its pretty bad form mate, and completely un-australian. If you were a decent human being you should do what's right. Return the money and take back your faulty machine or fix it for $100. In retrospect if it only cost $100 to fix, why didn't you, unless you knew it was broken in the first place. Never mind mate, one of these days you'll lose a whole lot more than $1900 and I hope that you come to your senses and start acting like a Man. Because you definitely aren't acting like one now. Pitiful performance.

Why wasn't there insurance?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked, If I sold something on here an it was DOA I would be bending over backwards to find a solution no matter what criticism I was getting from other members at the time, not use it as an excuse to adopt some sort of manufactured moral high ground.

To turn around and say the cash is gone so you couldn't refund it even "If you wanted to" is astonishing.

At least try and conduct yourself with a modicum of decorum and work with the guy, not inflame the situation because you believe you have been slighted he has a door stop ur pride is dented.

So close to ANZAC day pony up and at least try and sort something out.