Sign in to follow this  
oztheatre

For Sale Jtr Triple 12Ht Fronts X 3

These are now sold pending payment. I doubt you'll ever see these again at those prices. My most regretful sale!

YAY!!! I am the lucky winner, can't wait to set these babies up. Big thanks goes to Rich, top bloke, can't wait to get some of his grey 4K projector screen material.

He is a top bloke :P

YAY!!! I am the lucky winner, can't wait to set these babies up. Big thanks goes to Rich, top bloke, can't wait to get some of his grey 4K projector screen material.

You already own my surrounds, you just gotta buy the sub now haha.

Lol, that Sub is the most ginormous thing I have ever seen, I don't know if I could digest the size of it. I am already freakn out over the size of the T12's. But you never know, that Sub is mighty tempting, nooooooooo ,Rich stop encouraging me, this hobby is dangerous for my wallet.

Built some stands. They were all black but then decided to raise them higher, so I cut up some old cupboard doors, now they have beech colored bottoms. Center stand still needs to be painted, the middle piece can be any size to raise the speaker higher or lower.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Thanks Chopsus, I had wheels on the L/R but replaced them with rubber feet, the stability was a bit iffy. I think I will replace the wheels with low profile rubber pads on the center stand, the same ones the speakers are sitting on, more anti-vibration properties.

I like the wheels, but since handling them I don't find it to much difficulty moving them around and I like the rubber feet on the L/R, I think they add more anti-vibration properties. Once there in place they probably won't move for some time.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Audionerd
      Item: German Physiks Limited 11 Speakers featuring the fabulous DDD omnidirectional transducer
      Price: $12K (RRP was about $18K) with donation to SNA on sale
      Item Condition: Mint with all original packaging for safe transport at buyer's expense, accessories, manual and paperwork. Purchased new from the importer
      Reason for selling: Too many speakers and not enough money
      Payment Method: Cash, Bank Transfer or Paypal
      Extra Info: German designer Peter Dicks evolved the "DDD" (Dicks Dipole Driver) from the legendary Walsh driver featured in Ohm F speakers from the US. I owned a pair many years ago and still remember how it's soundstage was so much more lifelike than anything else I'd heard before. Recognising the immense potential of the Walsh driver while acknowledging some of its flaws, Dicks managed to solve any remaining problems to produce a drive unit that is technically superior to any other in the world! A big statement, but you might want to read the Dick Olsher 2014 review in The Absolute Sound to understand why. A couple of reasons in simple terms relate to the total phase coherency of a single 360 degree transducer radiating out of its convex carbon fibre surface with a crossover frequency of 200 Hz, well below the critical midrange area. Cone breakup, directionality and phase anomalies make it almost impossible for a conventional design to compete with the spatial properties of these speakers. The listening sweet spot is also very much larger than usual. Combined with the speaker's discreet and elegant styling, the Limited 11 has massive "WAF" factor.

The "Limited 11" was German Physiks' experiment in producing a speaker at a much lower price than earlier models, without sacrificing performance. The "Limited" run of only 100 pairs worldwide was so successful that they decided to continue EXACTLY THE SAME DESIGN, but with 4 alternative finishes instead of just the 1 in light grey. They call this model the "Unlimited MK II" which is currently available with RRP of about $20K. Because technical issues mean that the DDD driver cannot be upscaled, the same driver is employed in all models from cheapest to dearest, the "Gaudi" at well over $300K. This makes the potential listening experience from their Limited or Unlimited models stunningly affordable for the serious audiophile.

The Limited (or Unlimited) model features a single carbon fibre DDD driver and 8" woofer in a sealed cabinet with acoustic vinyl finish and other resonance-suppression internal measures including heavy MDF reinforced panels, "Hawaphon" damping and high density felt. Bass from this moderately sized cabinet is surprisingly extended, defined and tight. I prefer the spike option on a carpeted floor, while rubber feet are supplied for use on hard surfaces.
      It is not hard to drive, with an efficiency of 88dB. Impedance never drops below 4 ohms, making it suitable for some valve amps as  well.

The DDD driver covers frequencies from 200Hz to 24KHz and avoids the need for a midrange crossover point, which together with its naturally low distortion, exceptional transparency and fast transients reproduces the fine detail you expect to hear in a live performance. Its 360 degree phase coherency results in a huge but focussed 3 dimensional image that immerses listeners in the performance and involves them emotionally. I don't know how I'm going to be able to let these speakers go, as nothing else that I've heard can sound like them! Maybe I'll list my beloved Wilson Benesch ACT 60LEs as well and keep what doesn't sell first.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By flanders
      Item: Canon EOS 6d full frame SLR
      Price: $650  $600
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Upgrade
      Payment Method: Cash - pickup, EFT Osko, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      Selling my second body now that I've bought an EOS R.
      Note, this is not the mark II, it's the original 20.1 megapixel version. There's really not much in it between the image quality I get from this camera and the EOS R - the 6d is still a very good low light camera.
      The camera is is excellent working condition, well looked after, with a few minor marks.
      It comes with a Meike brand battery grip, which is just as good as the genuine one and has worked flawlessly.
      All the accessories that come in the box are included - body cap, battery, charger, USB and AV cables, software CD, manual. Note, the box is a 'lens kit' box - I bought the camera only. They're often sold this way and the kit lens is separated.
      Shutter count: 20775.
      Pickup can be arranged in Melb - I'll be visiting there soon.

Photos:

• By flanders
      Item: Canon EF 200mm f2.8 L USM lens
      Price: $440
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: I have a 100-400mm zoom and can't justify/carry both.
      Payment Method: Cash - pickup, EFT Osko, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      This is the original version of the lens with the retractable hood. It's the same optically and mechanically as the current version (with detachable hood).
      These don't come up for sale very often - one sold recently on ebay for $600.
      Comes with front and rear caps.
      Pickup can be arranged in Melb - I'll be visiting there soon.

Photos: 

• By ChrisHooton
      Item: MORE VINYL PLUS A COUPLE BOXSETS - PRICES REDUCED
      Price: AS LISTED
      Item Condition: AS LISTED 
      Reason for selling: SCALING DOWN
      Payment Method: Pickup or Postage - Cash, Paypal 
      Extra Info:

MORE VINYL PLUS A COUPLE BOXSETS

Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
      EX/EX
      $35

Jimi Hendrix - Blues
      EX/EX
      $35

Jimi Hendrix - Axis: Bold as Love
      VG/VG
      $30

Jimi Hendrix - Are you experienced 
      VG/VG Aus Press
      $35

Jimi Hendrix - The Essential Jimi Hendrix Vol. 1 
      VG/VG
      $35

Jimi Hendrix - The Essential Jimi Hendrix Vol. 2 with 7” single of Gloria 
      VG/VG
      $35

AC/DC - Rock or Bust
      VG/EX with CD
      $35

David Gilmour - Live at Pompeii
      4lp Box Set
      EX/EX
      $100

Led Zeppelin - How the West was won 
      4lp Box Set
      EX/EX
      $130

Payment via PayPal friends and family or cash on pickup or I can post them anywhere at buyers expense 

Cheers for checking them out 

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By AllTheAmbience
      Item: Ambience 1800 Reference
      Price:  $3650  Ambience 1800, Subwoofers $1400 each ($2400 pr), TOTAL Package:  $5450
      Item Condition: 8.5/10 (One mark on each speaker from transport shown in photo)
      Reason for selling: NLR (Too many speakers)
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Ambience 1800 Reference:
      I purchased these brand new from Carlton Audio in May of 2018  as the standard edition, I then contacted Tony Moore the following month and had them upgraded to the reference edition (upgraded crossover and wiring) at a total cost of $8500.  Once they are setup correctly they are incredibly revealing  and easy to listen to with great height and scale. They are truly three-dimensional which is something I have never heard with a conventional speaker setup. 

Reason for selling is that I have another set of speakers on the way and need to clear out my current catalog. Originally my plan was to keep to them and setup and dedicated listening room but this won't be happening for some time so instead of collecting dust they need a new home. 

Will come with the original manual however I seem to have misplaced the binding posts as I have these bi-wired as per Tony's instructions.

T-12 Subwoofer in Epitome Bass Cabinet:
      The subwoofers are a somewhat custom design from Mr Osborn, which are effectively the T-12 (Focal 12" flax subwoofer) with Redgum RGSW2  plate amplifier(200wrms into 8ohms) in the Epitome Bass unit cabinet. I selected the design after Mr Osborn told me to put the T-12 I had on loan on top of a chair.  Lifting the sub 2 feat off the floor worked wonders in eliminating a lot of the floor resonance however you lose some dB  as there is little reinforcement so I went with the more powerful plate amplifier to  accommodate the loss.  The subwoofers have over 3 years of warranty left on them.   

T-12: https://www.osbornloudspeakers.com.au/t12
      Redgum Plate Amp: https://www.redgumaudio.com/product/rgsw2-amplifier-plate/

Happy to demo for serious buyers. The total package of the ribbons and subs is quite the combination, most people that have heard Tony's ribbons would agree that they lack low bass. I tossed up the idea of upgrading to the Grand Reference but I made the decision to go with the Osborn subs and was very happy with the results. 

Prefer local pickup but can ship at buyers expense using the original crates. (I have access to TNT so shipping is possible at a reasonable cost)

PM for any questions

Specs:

Ribbon Section
      Metal Ribbon Membrane
      4 ohm Resistive (Constant)
      Power Handing 150 watts long term 
      Sensitivity 89dB, 2.83 volts input @ 1 metre.

Bass Section
      180mm long throw woofer 
      Power handling 100 watts long term
      Vented box type
      22 litres

Crossover Section
      Third Order, 18dB/Octave
      Crossover frequency 420hz

Photos: