Sign in to follow this  
oztheatre

Fs Jtr Triple 12Ht Captivator Sub, Fp14000 Plate Amp, 4 Slanted 8 Surrounds

Well I'm finally selling off these beast speakers. I'm putting in Krix Neuphonix and Epicentrix gear as the new room is much smaller than my previous one 6.7 x 9 down to 5 x 5.2 ish - thats 60 down to 27sq metres.

These have recently sold on another thread in Melb for $1450 each so I'd be asking the same for the Triple 12's. http://www.jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/triple-12ht/

The Captivator sub without plate amp @ $1900. http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/captivator/

Plate amp $850 - used for about 10hrs. New 15amp australian plug attached. This is the FP14000 top of the line clone amp.

The slanted 8 surrounds sell for $999 USD each plus shipping and GST. 2 of them have screw holes in the top of them as I had used projector mounts to hang them from underside of ceiling. Screw holes do not effect their performance or operation. Asking $450 each. http://jtrspeakers.com/home-audio/slanted-8/ - what's up with their site? not working at present.

total of $8900. Will sell as a complete system for 8K.

New, this complete system will cost $11,400 approx, give or take a couple of hundred and based on shipping a pallet at 2K AUD, GST at 10% and no tariff.

Can be shipped at your expense anywhere in Australia.

PM or email if interested.

cheers,

Rich

Good luck with the sale Rich. I can tell you now that whoever picks up the kit will be blown away. I sold my T12s that Rich was refering to and the cost going from T12 to Cat12s was not worth the 2-5% difference in the system vs 3 T12s for the cost of 1 Cat 12.

Personally I would run them in a 5 x 5.s room in a heart beat :) They are effortless and sound amazing.

Couple of questions if that's OK:

You say "plate amp", is that what it is? Does the sub have a cutout to mount it? I ask because I thought a plate amp was designed to be fitted into the sub enclosure, but you've linked to a passive sub (I assume it's the captivator 2400 you're selling?). Does it, then, have binding posts?

Also, some rudimentary sums tell me it's 3 x triple 12HT speakers? Or does the "triple" mena the number of boxes rather than drivers?

Willing to split the sub out?

Freight from where?

Thanks.

In addition to what Arthur has said I will add that the Captivator 2400 Sub is an incredible speaker with output that blows you away. Very well priced considering the cost to bring one in is prohibitive. Good luck with the sale Richard. Must be hard to part with such great gear.

Couple of questions if that's OK:

You say "plate amp", is that what it is? Does the sub have a cutout to mount it? I ask because I thought a plate amp was designed to be fitted into the sub enclosure, but you've linked to a passive sub (I assume it's the captivator 2400 you're selling?). Does it, then, have binding posts?

Also, some rudimentary sums tell me it's 3 x triple 12HT speakers? Or does the "triple" mena the number of boxes rather than drivers?

Willing to split the sub out?

Freight from where?

Thanks.

No, it's a seperate amp to run the passive captivator sub. You can't run the sub without an amp.

And yes it has binding posts.

FP14000front_600_zps4e6734e2.jpg

3 X Triple 12 speakers - 3 of them as per this image;

350x700px-LL-4be75c94_IMG_0128_1.jpeg

Freight from SE Qld.

Thanks for that, will give it some thought. Big $ to move that box from Qld I'd imagine, may be the killer for me.

Heaps more if you were bringing them from the USA.

Freight from US + 10% GST is probably about $550 (based on http://www.dtvforum....&hl=+captivator). Probably $400+ to freight from GC to Sydney. This difference isn't as much as I would have thought.

Nah, freight's gone up, dollar's dropped and shipping this to you would be around 200-250.

Anyway I'll probably just wait for a local buyer, no shipping, no hours spent packaging them up.

Freight from US + 10% GST is probably about $550 (based on http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=139248&hl=%2Bcaptivator). Probably $400+ to freight from GC to Sydney. This difference isn't as much as I would have thought.

Opps fair enough, just see you were only talking about the sub, I was thinking it was the total package, apologies.

Nah, freight's gone up, dollar's dropped and shipping this to you would be around 200-250.

Anyway I'll probably just wait for a local buyer, no shipping, no hours spent packaging them up.

Fair enough, it's a pain. I'll probably just wait for something local as well!

Opps fair enough, just see you were only talking about the sub, I was thinking it was the total package, apologies.

No prob, my assumptions all seemed to be wrong anyway!

Rich you reckon around 200-250 to ship the 3 triple 12s to sydney?

Rich you reckon around 200-250 to ship the 3 triple 12s to sydney?

Maybe.. I can check.. gimme a day or two ok.

How many channels is the clone amp, Rich? and how many total kw. Can we use them for speakers and not just for the subs?

Cheers,

Kevin

Edit - Never mind, found it ;)..................definetly an impressive piece of kit! 2 channels and 7000w into 2ohm load, fk me dead! lol. No wonder people who have been running IB subs use this amp LOL!. Im so freaking tempted to get it for the price and run it for my rears lol.

Edited by buddhamus

OK The slanted 8's have now been sold and picked up.

Good to meet you SVS A8.

cheers,

Rich

In addition to what Arthur has said I will add that the Captivator 2400 Sub is an incredible speaker with output that blows you away. Very well priced considering the cost to bring one in is prohibitive. Good luck with the sale Richard. Must be hard to part with such great gear.

I cranked up the system on the weekend to reference level and put on the album Crash by the Dave Matthews band.. I sat in front of the speakers at about 3.8 metres and listened to #41 and Say Goodbye... It was like having the band in the room playing live.. it was just phenomenal.. so crisp and loud and yet no distortion, no hissing between songs.. just incredible.. shame they're such a PITA business to deal with.. Will be hard to part with them...

Sorry rich mrs won't have it :((

^ No worries at all.

So these are still for sale folks.. bar the slanted 8's which are sold..

Incredible speakers.