Tactile Tranduscer (Bass Shakers)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol yeah i know. Don't get me wrong the IB subs can absolutely shake the entire room down. It just has to be obnoxiously loud to do it and i don't like listening to it that loud nor am i really allowed too. I get complaints that its too loud. So it would be nice to have that feeling but not need to have it absolutely cranked to do it.

lol yeah i know. Don't get me wrong the IB subs can absolutely shake the entire room down. It just has to be obnoxiously loud to do it and i don't like listening to it that loud nor am i really allowed too. I get complaints that its too loud. So it would be nice to have that feeling but not need to have it absolutely cranked to do it.

I just watch Oz the Great and Powerful (Ithink thats what the movie is called) - what a sound track and the bass in that movie is amazing! I too am looking at the crowson transducers but after experiencing that movie tonight I dont think I will be adding anything to the room (well hard to say as I dont/havent tried the Crowson). I sat in the rear row for the first time and the whole thing shakes! My whole seat was moving under me from the bass......... Was it too loud no not at all it wasnt any where near reference

Interesting. I have seen that movie also and didnt remember anything of the bass in it. You must have a better subwoofer setup than mine.

But you have 4 IBs?!?! The dual Seaton Submersive F2s up front with the dual SVS SB2000 in the rear fill the room amazingly - the room doesnt lack bass thats a fact!

My 4 IB subs are only 12" ones though. Wow you have 2 submercives. That's like if I where to have 4 18" sub drivers plus you have another 2 SVS subs in the back. Impressive. That setup would easily out do my humble rig.lol

Hence the need for transducers.

Also i have to EQ my subwoofers due to room modes. So at 31Hz i have a 6db peak due to the room. My EQ is set to flatten that out but now i don't get the shaking affect from the subwoofers at 31Hz as they are now only getting 1/4 the power they where before EQ. I can hear the subwoofers just fine at 31Hz just cant feel them as they are not moving much to create the SPL because of the room mode that's boosting that frequency a heap.

With no EQ the subs shake great. But the bass sounds boomy and uneven due to the room.

Now with the transducers i will be able to get the feeling back with my flat sounding bass. :phone:

Bet the datasat has something to do with that!!!

mmu6 if it does then I can tell you now the smile it puts on everyones face when they come across a scene with heavy bass is priceless. My mate was over on the weekend and he was just in hysterics as his whole body would wobble in the chair with the bass being produced in the room. Never before have I had my room feel so wild...........

Having the Crowson product would just add to the shyts and giggles :)

Arthur, that processor is something else - one day I'll get one....one day!!! By the way, how good is the room correction system on the datasat? Does it do full bass EQ on all your subwoofers?

Interesting. I have seen that movie also and didnt remember anything of the bass in it. You must have a better subwoofer setup than mine.

That is weird...that movie did have a lot of bass moments. My Submersives knocked the light fixture in the roof loose lol. What are you powering the IB with? What EQ you using?

I guess we are off topic but how well is the room treated? I had a similar issue and until the rear of the room was treated my bass had a massive null but that naturally lifted itself and corrected the issue that I had.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1525580/ht-of-the-month-ultimate-bass

HT of the month on AVSForum features one of the most extreme subwoofer systems on the planet, despite this the owner still runs a Crowson setup and wouldn't be without, can't get a much stronger endorsement than that I wouldn't have thought.

"It's at a point now where I'm completely happy. I have no desire for more. If anything I'd add more transducers; they were one of the best upgrades."

Edited by minty

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone pm me the details on where you guys are buying the crowson setup from?

Also, would there be any issues running these on a recliner with a metal frame?

Thanks.

Edited by Hakka