Tactile Tranduscer (Bass Shakers)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there just wondering if anyone has installed a tactile transducer and if so what brand and what are there thoughts as I am considering getting one ?

I have a full Crowson setup as Yorac mentioned. 4 transducers and the D500 amp. I also have 2 Seaton SubMersives with a 3rd on its way. I'll never not have a HT room without either product.

Check out

The "Official" Crowson Tactile Motion Actuators Thread

at AVSForum for all the info you'd ever require.

AVSer CraigJohn has them in his theatre and his room is amongst the best in the USA. He swears by them as do I and everyone else who has them or has experienced them.

If you want to take your movies to another level of realism, pay the price and instal Crowson :)

Minty,

How do they go with a curved seating arrangement? These are very interesting..........

They would be fine mate. I have a 4 seater arrangement (not curved) and they work perfectly, would be exactly the same for a curved seating arrangement.

They would be fine mate. I have a 4 seater arrangement (not curved) and they work perfectly, would be exactly the same for a curved seating arrangement.

From what I have been reading they say they actually raise the seat from the rear, how far do they raise them? If they do raise the seats how does it handle the fact that the end seats are not in line with the other seats and transducers ? I might put the question to them as well and see what they say.............

I like them :) Might have to wire up the front and rear rows...............

From what I have been reading they say they actually raise the seat from the rear, how far do they raise them? If they do raise the seats how does it handle the fact that the end seats are not in line with the other seats and transducers ? I might put the question to them as well and see what they say.............

I like them :) Might have to wire up the front and rear rows...............

Not exactly sure if you are saying that the transducer lifts the seat or that if a transducer is in the middle the ends would sag?????

The transducer emits an even signal across its entire surface. The isolators keep the seating at the same height across the entire seating.

In its simplest form you would put one transducer and three isolators under the four legs of one chair. This would increase the overall height of the seat by roughly an inch. That's it. No tilts, no sagging, just a feeling like a full body massage when a heavy bass scene hits. Doesn't feel one bit gimmicky. Takes a bit of experimenting to dial it in so you aren't getting a jolt when there isn't strong bass and you definitely don't want it completely taking over either no matter how big the action, but that's like a subwoofer, it's there to enhance not take over. Think of the Crowson the same way.

I have experienced buttkickers before and it's nowhere as well defined as the Crowson.

The best example I had was in a TV show set at an underground train station. When the train zoomed left to right, I could feel the same motion on my sofa. I had my Crowson wired in stereo mode and used a pair on one sofa (two transducers in stereo and two support feet).

The support feet keeps the sofa level

OK if there is anyone interested in the Crowson system let me know - I need at least one more buyer to get a ripper price on the kit which would defeat importing it and with local warranty and support to boot. I am wanting to hopefully get the kits within a week. PM me for pricing and I will let you know.

http://www.crowsontech.com/

Edited by ArthurK

OK if there is anyone interested in the Crowson system let me know - I need at least one more buyer to get a ripper price on the kit which would defeat importing it and with local warranty and support to boot. I am wanting to hopefully get the kits within a week. PM me for pricing and I will let you know.

Tempting.. I have been contemplating getting a Crowson setup to add the finishing touches to my HT.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm keen if this deal is still available ? Might be a little late but i have only just started looking at a transducer system just now and found this post. Hopefully its still available ?

I'm keen if this deal is still available ? Might be a little late but i have only just started looking at a transducer system just now and found this post. Hopefully its still available ?

I bought mine for a pretty good price, I can PM you the details if you are interested.

I bought mine for a pretty good price, I can PM you the details if you are interested.

Yeah that would be great if you could. Thanks. Really keen to try something like this out in my HT room for that extra something to go with the 4 IB subwoofers.