Ceiling Mount Projector Install Cost

Well, my thoughts are if it's your house, your not a contractor, hey? Maybe he has worries about people being on site when others are trying to work and the saftey aspect of it all etc.

Of course, for $233 for a HDMI cable maybe he's just trying to make a profit, but it depends on the cable length and how hard it is to run. Also, did this include the speaker cables etc as well as you mentoned?

And if you do it after hours, without permission, what sort of problems does that bring up when he finds out? Best to be above board with it all, at least that's my 2c.

I believe it's law that they have public liability insurance to cover accidents with employees and the general public.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could go either way really.. Run it yourself with the "it's my home" analogy or pay $233 to have him a cable that you didn't choose.. seems a little steep if it's in the frame stage? Builder wouldn't even have to go in the roof.. and if still in frame stage there's a gap between the brick and framework so you may not even need to drill holes..

If it's just a HDMI cable at framing stage then I'd run it for free for you, not a huge amount of work and given you're paying him craploads of your hard earned, it's probably the least he could do?

If it includes speaker cables run to certain points and he has to drill timbers, mark the floor where the cables are located, put on power point brackets so he can wrap the cable around it etc, yeah a couple of hundred bucks is a fair price.

Thanks Richard

This price is just for the HDMI cable.

You would cringe if i told you how much they quoted for speaker cabling and HDMI!!!!

I think i will do this part myself just dont want the supervisor to see the cabling and take it down, then im in the pooper!!

Thanks Richard

This price is just for the HDMI cable.

You would cringe if i told you how much they quoted for speaker cabling and HDMI!!!!

I think i will do this part myself just dont want the supervisor to see the cabling and take it down, then im in the pooper!!

Surely he doesn't have the legal right to do that? I may be wrong.. but from I can see, it's a job site, he should have public liability insurance.

Then again, it's your land right? What's on your land is yours. You're the one handing over the cheques after all.

I'd just use the 'I wanted it done a certain way and I couldn't explain it to you so I did it myself'

Edited by oztheatre

• 1 month later...