Central Coast Installers Questions?

Hi all

To those that service the lower part of the Central Coast does anyone turn around and pick up the Artarmon transmitter? I'm in the middle of Umina - Bouddi is blocked to me so I'm currently pointing at Gosford. My path there however is shooting through multiple power lines about 100m away and I've often wondered if going to Artarmon's 50KW stick as opposed to amplifying Gosford's 100mW would be cleaner. Signal quality is generally good but bad weather and the odd splat do affect things. Currently running an EE06 with an MHU34.

Many thanks.

W.

If you're in the middle of Umina you should be able to get Bouddi - can you share which street your in?

A friend was living on Wells Rd East Gosford, they couldn't get Rumbalara or Bouddi, with a change of antenna they were able to get the Sydney VHF + SBS UHF.

EE06 = Band4/5 Antenna, you would need to change the antenna to get Sydney channels VHF

Gosford Tx power is a lot greater than 100mW.

I can cope with using Gosford but don't mind investing in a new antenna if the gain was worthwhile.

Ha, I'm actually in the area again at the moment doing an odd install, & will also be in Umina tomorrow.

Might be worth noting, if it hasn't been done already, location of UHF antennas in poor reception areas can be critical. It's usually only possible to locate antennas correctly with an instrument that can read signal level & quality for all the channels of interest.

Particularly attempting to receive weak signals from a vertically polarised transmitter that has vertical obstructions in the way.