32" - 42" Tv Recommendations.

My sister's Sharp 32" LCD seems to have gone on the blink. It was tripping the circuit breaker, she tells me she taped the switch on the breaker and now the TV doesn't work. :( I told her to remove the tape from the breaker a.s.a.p.!

It's around 7 years old, I don't have the model no right now but I'm thinking it's probably better to buy new than to get it fixed?

Anyway, it looks like she's probably up for a new TV.

What are some good buys going at the moment for 32" - 42" TV's?

Good Guys are running some $500 holiday voucher promo and they have the Sony KDL42W670A for $789. I do realise the voucher will probably be limited to certain hotels, etc. and the savings probably aren't that great if you compare with elsewhere.

My leanings are towards Sony or Panasonic, she isn't after any fancy game/net features, etc. she just watches TV

s

Edited by StephenSLR

HI Stephen,

While the deal at the Good Guys sounds good in theory, if you check the reward system it's a little more complicated. They give you reward points which you can use towards a holiday with that company. However it only partially covers it. For instance if a hotel is $800 for 3 nights, they might let you use $150 in rewards points, but you have to pay the rest. Now, with that out of the way, on to TVs.

If she just watches TV, then the 670A is fine. It's actually $680 at JB at the moment. You can try the 'equivalent' Samsung model (F5000) and she'll be pleased with that too no doubt. The former is $600 at JB at the moment, so it depends how much you want to spend.

If you do want 3D and more fancy stuff (and a 100Hz panel with a smoother image) then maybe go for the F6400 Samsung or W800A Sony. They're both $850 odd.

If she's not fussy then most of those models will do fine, so it's up to your budget and what you want out of the TV. The 32" versions are really cheap. Like the Samsung is $338.