petetherock

Oppo Bdp 103 D Discussion Thread (Darbee Edition Only)

New kid on the block... and I figured that it belongs in a thread of it's own...

Look out for more info when I get my hands on this....

:)

http://www.oppodigit...D-Overview.aspx

http://www.oppo-blur...s/BDP-103D.aspx

OPPO BDP-103D

"It's like lifting a veil." Darbee's Visual Presence™ technology establishes a fundamental breakthrough for image realism. By embedding stereoscopic depth information generated from a patented human-vision-based model into 2D or 3D video, it provides greater clarity and increases the perception of depth resulting in a more dynamic, lifelike experience. The amount of processing is adjustable, allowing you to customise the visual enhancement to your particular taste. More information about Darbee's Visual Presence™ technology can be found here.

Enhanced Video Quality

• 4K Up-scaling - Enhance the home theatre experience with four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p by up-scaling all video sources to 4K (3840 x 2160) output resolution

• DVD Up-Conversion - Per-pixel motion-adaptive de-interlacing and advanced scaling transform the standard definition image on DVDs to high definition output on your TV.

• Full HD 1080p Output - The BDP-103D features user selectable video output resolutions, including 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K.

• True 24p™ Video - Many Blu-ray Discs are recorded at 24 frames per second, the same frame rate as the original movie's theatrical release. The BDP-103D can faithfully redeliver the original frames using 1080p 24Hz output (compatible display required) for smoother motion and a flicker-free, film-like home theater experience. It can also restore the original 24 frames per second progressive-scan video from well-authored DVDs and output 1080p 24Hz.

• Source Direct Mode - For users who wish to use an external video processor, the BDP-103D offers a "Source Direct" mode. The original audio/video content on the discs is sent out with no additional processing or alteration.

• Multiple Zoom Modes - The BDP-103D supports multiple levels of aspect ratio control and image zooming. Users can watch a movie in its original aspect ratio, fit to the full screen, or zoom in to remove the black bars on some titles.

• Vertical Stretch Mode - For customers with a 2.35:1 CIH (Constant Image Height) display system, the player's zoom options include a vertical stretch mode to work nicely with an anamorphic lens. A unique subtitle shift feature allows the user to move the subtitle up and down, making it possible to see all subtitle text when using a 2.35:1 CIH display.

• Advanced Picture Control - Users can have fine control of brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, sharpness, noise reduction, color and contrast enhancements. The player can remember and apply three custom picture control modes to suit a variety of viewing conditions and content types.

High Fidelity Audio

• Dolby® TrueHD - Dolby TrueHD delivers lossless studio master quality audio designed specifically for high definition entertainment. The BDP-103D supports bit-stream output of Dolby TrueHD via its HDMI 1.4a output. It can also internally decode Dolby TrueHD into LPCM and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analogue audio output terminals. Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio formats are also supported

• DTS-HD Master Audio™- DTS-HD Master Audio delivers an auditory experience that matches the lifelike images of high-definition video with up to 7.1 channels that are bit-for-bit identical to the studio master. The BDP-103D supports bit-stream output of DTS-HD Master Audio. It can also internally decode DTS-HD Master Audio and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS Digital Surround are also supported.)

• 7.1-Channel Analogue Output - Individual analog 7.1-channel surround outputs are ideal to connect to a 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel surround sound system. The BDP-103D delivers an incredible sound stage and an immersive surround experience. For users with stereo speakers, the 7.1-channel analogue output can be configured to a stereo down-mix mode.
  • Digital Optical and Coaxial Outputs- For simple and easy connection to more traditional A/V receivers, the BDP-103D features both optical and coaxial outputs for digital audio.
  • Rigid Chassis Construction - Built around a steel chassis, aluminium faceplate, and center-mounted disc loader, the BDP-103D is designed to impress as well as to provide a stable base for the highest quality reproduction of your favorite media.

Darbee-1.jpg

Darbee-2.jpg

Darbee-3.jpg

Methinks I’ll stick with the separate darblett as I have always found individual units more versatile than a single.

Available at end of Oct @ opposhop for 1 ; wont get 1 just yet though :pinch:

Paul,

We have confirmed the issues that you have observed and we also do not notice the same errors when going through a dedicated DarbeeDarblet. Our engineers will be investigating the errors closely and will look to resolve them through a future firmware release.

Best Regards,

Customer Service

OPPO Digital, Inc.

2629B Terminal Blvd.

Mountain View, CA 94043

http://www.avhub.com.au/index.php/News/Hi-Fi/oppo-bdp-103-darbee-edition.html

Any news when the 103D will be available in Australia and if so how much?

few posts above

Available at end of Oct @ opposhop for 1
Latest update [25 Oct]: Stock arriving in Warehouse Mon28th

Well if the price is right in a Group buy it will be a Oppo 103D for me.

+1

The Darbee technology seems to be pretty good I expect good reviews from this player.

I will be buying my new display (saving money in cash) just before christmas. I will be purchasing a Hecto 100 inch Laser TV. I have been now involved in adjusting these screens for two people that have them, they are a pain to get right and the only way to get the correct distance from the bottom of the screen to the top of the cabinet where the Hecto sits on (370mm) is to have adjustable short legs on the cabinet.

So, I think since I will be buying a reasonably good display, I may as well go the full hog and buy one of these Oppo 103D. I will be running 1 HDMI to the Hecto and the second HDMI from the Oppo to my Onkyo 875 processor.

Edited by Blackman

well if anyone is planning on getting this version and offloading their darbee, hit me up. i'd be happy to take the darbee off you!

+1

How much is a separate darbee?

+1

How much is a separate darbee?

$359 Aus

The reason I am sticking with the remote Darblett is simple. As one can see from my signature I run a fair number of items so my Darblett hangs off the output from the DVDO and can be applied to any connected item. Much more versatile than running everything through a 103D

Edited by sirhc55

Bear in mind, if you run a separate Darbee, AVS users have reported they can't get 4k even if the player / TV has 4k capability. It may not affect everyone, but just FYI.

The reason I am sticking with the remote Darblett is simple. As one can see from my signature I run a fair number of items so my Darblett hangs off the output from the DVDO and can be applied to any connected item. Much more versatile than running everything through a 103D

That's the thing - choice for different situations is important ;because there's so much anecdotal evidence that people appreciate the db with a projector more than a panel and a hdpvr or 2 can be plugged into the oppo ;its an easy choice for me :) . One less box and oppo's 2nd to none firmware upgrades with the the upgradeable ffpg darbee processing the standalone doesn't have is enough for me :thumbsup:

Can someone please explain to me the difference's between the basic change kit or the pro kit to make the new Darbee 103D region free. What's the +'s and -'s of both the kits.

I justchecked the Oppo shops web site and it seems these players will be available either the 1st of November (this Friday) or Monday the 4th.

Can someone please explain to me the difference's between the basic change kit or the pro kit to make the new Darbee 103D region free. What's the +'s and -'s of both the kits.

I justchecked the Oppo shops web site and it seems these players will be available either the 1st of November (this Friday) or Monday the 4th.

The standard kit requires several keystrokes and a restart. The pro kit will start in the selected region with a single key - makes it easier to integrate into a universal remote.

The standard kit requires several keystrokes and a restart. The pro kit will start in the selected region with a single key - makes it easier to integrate into a universal remote.

My pro chip requires 3 button operations now as opposed to the original single button for region change.