Seaton Sound Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

BladeRnR

Yep .. Mine Flaps too ... SubM drivers have a higher/greater excursion that other drivers if the same size ... Part of the special order specs Mark Seaton requires if his supplier ... You can get the same driver, but not to his specs.

This is very noticeable if you compare (side on) to other subs, like the Triaxe, where it's clear the drivers don't move as much.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep .. Mine Flaps too ... SubM drivers have a higher/greater excursion that other drivers if the same size ... Part of the special order specs Mark Seaton requires if his supplier ... You can get the same driver, but not to his specs.

This is very noticeable if you compare (side on) to other subs, like the Triaxe, where it's clear the drivers don't move as much.

So it actually was the driver hitting the fabric? :w00t::rofl:

I predict a lot of people with saggy grills in the near future.

I also know understand why the magnets holding the grill are so strong...

May not be the driver, but certainly it pushes enough air to do this.

Take the cover off next time and look at the driver excursion ... You'll be impressed.

Edited by Guest

May not be the driver, but certainly it pushes enough air to do this.

Take the cover off next time and look at the driver excursion ... You'll be impressed.

Yep - had a look earlier. I was indeed impressed :D

Next time I might take the grill off and view the sub from the side to see if the drivers actually extend beyond on the confines of the box.

Regarding Bass, I Love You, I wasn't really enjoying it at lower volumes but once I cranked things up a bit, yeah it was definitely fun.

Reckon mine us around -10 .., how far from your SubM is the primary listening position?

Sorry catching up on the thread, About 3.5m, I don't think it effects output just find it odd, I am in a sealed room so that may make a difference

Simon, really interested to hear what you think of your Oppo when you get it back from Joe

No worries Mathewa. I just received an update tonight saying that the mod will be finished tomorrow and then he does 2-3 days of "Soak Testing". Can't wait to get it and hear it for myself.

Edited by SimonNo10

Ok I am starting to get a little peeved now. Mark was helping me out via with a bit of sub noise, and he has stopped communicating. I have emailed him roughly once a week for the last four weeks to continue our discussion, but no response since April 21.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys. I wont go into detail with what I've had done regarding my mains power etc as I've post on AVS regarding some buzzing I've been getting through some speakers (Front Right, Centre,Rear Left) and was fixed using an XLR-RCA adapter plug connecting into my SVS ASEQ sub Eq (only has RCA) which has resolved the issue.

For those that have the HP+ amps (Not using a slave both have the new amps) are they completely silent? Mine both have a Shhhh sound but with a bit of a buzz (not loud) which is what the speakers had (buzz) before being removed with using the XLR adapter. I never had this with the 1000w amps but didn't have the ASEQ then. The HT is now on it's own circuit and one sub is connected through a Thor PS10 power center and the other in a Thorough Bred power board seen here:

http://www.thoroughbredaudio.com/SPI240AU6/

Rear sub is connected with a 10m XLR (just replaced existing cable to eliminate possible cause of buzz) the other with a short 1m cable. Also just replaced the 2 XLR-RCA adapters that came with the subs (Macca said Mark Seaton cuts the ground wire on his) so I purchased 2 new ones and installed last night but the buzz is still there in the subs. As mentioned the buzz is like a magnetic interference sort of sound but not loud so was thinking it could just be the amps and is normal. Can anyone with the HP+ amps confirm this please. I also rearranged my cables behind the equipment rack to reduce any possible interference but all my cables are good ones with shielding as are the power cables being used.

Edited by SimonNo10

Mine (which used to be Blades) is dead silent, but I'm using XLR all the way from the Integra ... When I was using RCA's I did have a hum and it was a ground loop.

Have you tested using a hot plug (no earth)?