Sign in to follow this  
Blackman1503561291

Lg 100 Inch Laser Display Hecto

This is what I was after where most of this is missing from the Australian LG web site.

What I get confused with regarding NTSC or Pal, is it relevant in Digital via HDMI or is Pal ,NTSC only relevant on Composite or analog only. What I'm trying to say is there a 1920x1080i or p MPeg 4 Pal or NTSC source today or are my wires mixed up in my head

Our digital tv standard is dvb-t mpeg2 50hz Blackman ; 50hz is the frame rate for our tv over hdmi or analog . 60hz frame rate is used for atsc digital tuners in America .

Downloads can be mpeg4 avi;mkv etc so that is more media player and smart tv territory if you see those references in specs :question: The hecto is compatible with the aus and US tv standard . Btw the hecto will just deinterlace our 576i/1080i to progressive 1080p like a 1080p panel ; I saw your avs question

:phone: Hope this helps .

Btw the hecto will just deinterlace our 576i/1080i to progressive 1080p like a 1080p panel ; I saw your avs question

:phone: Hope this helps .

Thankyou very much.

It seems that these displays are not plentyfull in the states yet. Reading around has told me LG is bringing out a new screen that will not reflect on the ceiling soon + next years model will have 3D (not that I care about 3D) but the screen Yes !

[/size]

Thanks Owen ; I wonder how quick the lasers can be individually switched on or off and why its incorporated ; can appreciate pumping with a slow iris where sometimes there best left off .

The lasers can turn on/off very quietly, so fast no colour wheel is needed which makes the unit more compact. However, black-white level float will be visible no matter how fast the change in image brightness occurs.

LCD TV's can vary their back-edge light intensity instantly as well, but black-white level float and too dim picture in dark scenes is plainly obvious.

NTSC and PAL are analogue colour encoding systems, they are not relevant to digital.

For digital, differences come down to frame/field rates and number of pixels, with ex NTSC countries using 480i, 720p and 1080i at 60 Hz and ex PAL countries using 576i, 720p and 1080i 50Hz.

Most displays are multi standard and multi voltage these days, with appropriate digital tuners installed for the relevant market. The main exception to this are displays manufactured in the US or Mexico for the US market, which normally are 120 Volts only and may not accept any 50Hz input.

NTSC and PAL are analogue colour encoding systems, they are not relevant to digital.

For digital, differences come down to frame/field rates and number of pixels, with ex NTSC countries using 480i, 720p and 1080i at 60 Hz and ex PAL countries using 576i, 720p and 1080i 50Hz.

Most displays are multi standard and multi voltage these days, with appropriate digital tuners installed for the relevant market. The main exception to this are displays manufactured in the US or Mexico for the US market, which normally are 120 Volts only and may not accept any 50Hz input.

Thanks Owen and CWT for once again explaining things to me.

Most on this site are a very knowledgeable people regarding these matters. Could you imagine yourself having a stroke and when you get better after 4 to 5 years only to find out you have forgotten just about everything that you knew before. thats how i feel. Thank God for spell check.

Are there anyone who purchase and use LG hecto?

I'm trying to find someone having used hecto, and living in Sydney now.

In order to develop 2nd version of Hecto better than the 1st version, interviewing user is essential.

Reward for interview will be given.

If you are interested in, please contact via email, ej.choi@lge.com.

Thank you.

Blackman has more practical experience with the Hecto than probably anyone else in Australia, and has gone to great lengths to optimist his Hecto setup. If anyone can give you input on what a future Hecto product needs, he is your man. Only problem is he is located in Queensland, but if you want valuable feed back get in touch with him.

Yeah i'm still here. And my Hecto is still as good as the day I set it up and it still has ZERO edge adjustment, geometry is still 100% and yes I have plenty to say on why people in droves avoided your product

Edited by Blackman

The biggest problem as I see it its the ridiculous price. A low performance single chip DLP projector with a 100" screen just isn't worth the asking price when it still needs a dark room to work properly.

We can buy a big flat panel TV and a quality LCoS projector from JVC or Sony with a decent screen for the same price and get a MUCH better result.

Are there anyone who purchase and use LG hecto?

I'm trying to find someone having used hecto, and living in Sydney now.

In order to develop 2nd version of Hecto better than the 1st version, interviewing user is essential.

Reward for interview will be given.

If you are interested in, please contact via email, ej.choi@lge.com.

Thank you.

Tried sending you a email but it was rejected. PM or post the correct email address. Message below

The email address "ej.choi@lge.com." is not recognized. Please fix it and try again.