Orb Mod4's With X4000

I live in an apartment so it massively limits what sort of speakers I can use, personally I'd love a pair of Epos 5's that I selected for my brother but what can you do. I'm looking at a Mod4 system powered by a X4000 which with XT32 should hopefully sound ok. Has anybody tried the Mod4's? Also I'd be looking at teaming them up with a 3rd party sub, any recommendations of a good sub that will handle the extra duties?

Small speakers wise they're pretty ok, but again due to their small physical size they can only do so much..

The mod4 system IMO kind of defeats the styling of the orbs - more than two each channel and they look rather cheesy to me.

Not really :P... What's your budget?

Also, 8", 10", 12" or more?

10-12 was thinking under 2k

Edit - I was looking at the SVS SB12-NSD subwoofer, the ultra is a little too large

Edited by Hosko

10-12 was thinking under 2k

Edit - I was looking at the SVS SB12-NSD subwoofer, the ultra is a little too large

May be a bit too over-powering for the little orbsx4.. Taking a wild guess here but prob a better idea to use 8-10 for the orbs, but YMMV.

Personally I really like the SVS cylinder subs due to their small foot print but at the end of the day it's up to you...