Sign in to follow this  
auskenny

Humax 7500T Or Topfield 7160

Hi guys

Just looking for some people's opinions on the Humax 7500T or the topfield 7160 which would you choose and why ?

I can get a new Humax for $299 or the Toppy for $328.

I'm looking for a good quality twin tuner pvr that's not going to cost the earth, currently been using a ps3 with play TV but have just blown up my second one, I'm over Sony and play tv.

Edited by auskenny

Do you want to be able to use IceTV? The Humax can, the Topfield can't. On the other hand, the 7160 can do up to four recordings at once (from no more than two different broadcasters). Most dual tuner PVRs can only record two recordings at once.

I don't have direct experience with either.

I'v got a 7160, very nice pvr, very easy to use-I do find between myself, the wife and kids we often use 3 tuners and occasionally 4.....

My experience with the humax is limited but i'v found it to be simple to set-up, pretty straight forward to use and ice tv is going to be the benefit if you want it.

Does the Humax 7500 or Topfield 2400 display the current time on the front panel during standby mode?

Edited by aretiredsaint

Anyway I brought the Humax 7500t today for $299 came with 3 months free ice tv , pretty impressed with it so far . Defientely heaps better than a ps3 with play tv

You can get "lifetime" (five years or the life of the device, whichever is the less) IceTV for the Humax for $99, which is a pretty good deal if you decide you want IceTV.

Yea I know I'm trying the 3 months free subscription first , but am already leaning towards the $99 lifetime (5 year ) subscription.

I Installed the ice tv app on my iPhone last night , it's pretty impressive to be able to set recordings etc when away.

Are either of these units decent on network streaming to or from a PC? I was looking at a Topfield unit in JB the other day and it was a convoluted way to get a file from your PC onto the unit to play. It didnt stream directly instead you had to load it onto its hardrive first.

Anyway I brought the Humax 7500t today for $299 came with 3 months free ice tv , pretty impressed with it so far . Defientely heaps better than a ps3 with play tv

Where did you purchase your Humax at $299?

the $99 lifetime (5 year ) subscription.
Still amazes me that ICE refer to this deal as "Lifetime" hiding their definition away in the fine print.

Peter Gillespie

Where did you purchase your Humax at $299?

I brought it from Harvey Norman at Mt druitt , they where cheaper than my local Harvey Norman at penrith

I brought it from Harvey Norman at Mt druitt , they where cheaper than my local Harvey Norman at penrith

Lucky you. Most of the stores here in Perth sells this ranging from $390-$450.

My Toppy 2400 doesn't and I don't know of a setting to make it do so.

Humax can't do it, but Toppy manual says it will display the current time during standby mode, and the operation service during active mode.