Sign in to follow this  
hi-filover

Fs - Aragon 8008Bb Stereo Power Amp - 200Watts @ 8Ohms (400W @ 4Ohms)

Up for sale is my Aragon 8008 BB Power Amplifier - 200watts @ 8ohms (400watts @ 4ohms ) it's a big amplifier , the pride of my kit and in impeccable condition. Changing personal situation leads me here.

Did I say impeccable condition.

Pick up preferred (V. heavy!) - MELB. (Cheltenham)

$2,000

Here is some further reading...poor mans Krell!

(wish I could hotkey this)

http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/562/index.htm

Specifications:

FREQUENCY RESPONSE 5Hz-20kHz

POWER OUPUT 8 200-watts by two-channels

POWER OUTPUT 4 400-watts by two-channels

THD 0.04%

S/N RATIO >110dB A Weighted

DAMPING FACTOR >500

INPUT SENSITIVITY 120 mV for 1 watt output, 1.68V for full output

INPUT IMPEDANCE 44 kohms balanced, 22 kohms single-ended

VOLTAGE GAIN 28dB

ANALOG AUDIO INPUTS 2

BUILT FROM 1995

FREQUENCY RESPONSE 5Hz-20kHz

POWER OUPUT 8 200-watts by two-channels

POWER OUTPUT 4 400-watts by two-channels

THD 0.04%

As a workaround for the problem with the link, try page 2 of the review and work from there.

Good luck with the sale.

i Just have to add I have one of these the Mondial 8008bb and they are amazing amplifiers they really do throw a 3d sound stage and no noisy fans to boot -the power rating is a joke its more like 300 watts per channel and that first 25 or so is in class A -http://www.indyaudiolabs.com/aragon-8008bb.aspx .

Thanks guys for your respective support/assistance. Couldn't have asked for a better endorcement there Speed'. Hope it entices interest. It's a big call for me to let this go but as I indicate it's a life decision and it's up for sale.......

Hi Compound

Just a couple of questions

-How old is the amplifier?

-What sort of power demand does it have (e.g 10A, 15A, 20A)?

-Ever been anything go wrong with it?

Im in Melbourne and have older Klipsch speakers (kg5.5 as mains in home theatre setup) and may be interested. You can PM me if you wish. Thanks.

adammccallum72@hotmail.com

Hi AJ,

Thanks for your interest!

~10years old, 10A, nothing ever wrong with it.

I've sent you an email with a few more details.

C17

An interested party has asked whether a power amp shall improve the listening pleasure in a 5.1 suround setup....

I feel conflicted by saying yes and have posted my response for transparency. Anyone wish to independently ratify my reply for transparency.

Many thanks!

C17

A dedicated power amp will significantly improve your front sound stage.

Firsly, your mains will breath easier as power amps push and pull your drivers with more accuracy, this means better bass response. It will be crisper. Thwack, thwack and not Brrrr Brrrr (distorted) lower end.

Second, taking the responsibility of powering the L/R speakers away from the receiver allows the receiver to breath and dedicate it's resources to powering the centre channel only (rears are not as demanding). Receivers 'share' the power load around to the speakers that require it, so throwing in a dedicated power amp in to take away, lets say 2/3rds of the load, will improve the crispness and dB's you can extract from the system.

(Your system in stereo shall sing, you wait and see)

Fare comment chaps?

hi I have zero connection with the seller but can honestly say this amp will make a difference with almost any surround amp running 5.1 or higher most of these when driving multiple channels produce far less than claimed -quite shocking when tested so a power amp of this calibre driving the main channels will enable the surround amp to greatly increase its headroom into the remaining channels -this becomes more important as the room volume increases. I have a link here that I had stored on one of my computers that compares this to a very high end set up please enjoy -this is not fake https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups=#!search/8008bb$2033h/rec.audio.opinion/59ezYyKXKEI/qPUTvC4grzkJ

regards Speedgod66

I owned the Aragon 8008Mk2 which was a later varient of the 8008 BB. These came on the market when the AUD was about parity with the peso, I saw one on demo in Vince Ross Audio here in Perth for $10,000. It was a good amp, very solid, the only issue I had with it were flimsy speaker binding posts (which were replaced under warranty with the same flimsy type, although I was careful from that point only going "finger tight"). The 8008Mk2 was a better amp than the Rotel RB1080 which I also owned, but not $8000 better. I like the Aragon gear, nice industrial looking design, and their product support was pretty good as well.

Still available! Any interest?

This advertisement has automatically expired (30 Days).

It may now be relisted if still available.