Iq Hd No Svideo Out

When foxtel replaced my IQ2 HD the new unit was without a svideo output only composite and componet. Hdmi is used for the TV but I want svideo for the Hd recorder so is there a cheap component to svideo adapter?

I have 1 but it is 7 pin svideo not the 4 pin the recorder has present. So far found 1 only at $160US

Any 1 know where to source a cheaper version?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you have the newer HD box which only outputs SD thru component when using the hdmi,in which case you may aswell go composite to recorder (presuming recorder has composite inputs) as thats the best quality you'll get now.

I had the same problem when I moved & sent back my old IQ2 hd box & got the new IQHD. it has 1TB drive . So my only option was hookup composite to the blu-ray recorder. Once hdmi is hooked up the composite is blanked out in video options but it still works anyway.

Follow up The manual does not say anything re limitations on the component other than it is SD not HD. I should I thought have been able to connect component to RGB input and get a reasonable picture but though it was clear it stayed green tinged. Tried two cables.

So noone has got better than composite to a dvr from the 851 box (the latest)

the composite doesn't look that bad through my blue-ray recorder anyway

It sucks though my older panasonic dvr especially cartoons which my wife makes into dvds for showing when we mind our grandkids. I upgraded my composite cables and now run composite to RCB connector (scart) seems to be half way acceptable. Component to 4 pin svideo just does not work (green tinge). A component/svideo convertor box might but not worth the $60+ they are asking (some $119).

Your blueray might be upscaling the signal. Thanks for your comments

Ok we have a resolution to this issue that surprised me. I had emailed foxtel and asked them to explain what happens to the component signal if hdmi is connected as I get green signal when I connect it to the dvr scart. I aslo asked if I could get the new foxtel unit replaced with the scart/svideo output unit. Ttoday I got this reply.

I have sent a request to our inventory department for a replacement unit (Pace 850 model) to be posted to you it should arrive in the next 5 to 7 working days

That surprised me never thought they would do that just because I asked for a better unit to copy to a dvr.

As a final addendum I looked at 8 DVRs in Myers and only 3 had any inputs and that only composite. 5 had only outputs and mostly hdmi/composite. So in another year inputs will dry up .

• 1 month later...

@peacekeeper- did you get the 850 as since going to a 60" tv the composite is really bad through my blu-ray. smaller tv I didn't notice as much

Edited by plumgas

@peacekeeper- did you get the 850 as since going to a 60" tv the composite is really bad through my blu-ray. smaller tv I didn't notice as much

Yes they couriered it to me and paid for return 851 unit via post office. This also done to a poster in whirlpool forum recently.

They really were quite good about it so good luck.

see below

I got foxtel installed with IQ2 4 weeks ago and a week after I realised the box they gave me was compromised as far as extracting HD from the component outputs to a computer. Only got foxtel to get netball games off it like I did with the free to air games. You can't get HD off the 851 box but you can off the 850 box. So I sent them an email last week if I could get an 850 to replace the 851 and to my surprise they said i'd get one in the mail within 3-5 days. Got it yesterday and it's great, in advanced settings you can choose video output settings which you can't in the other box. They even pay postage to send back the other box. Happy days :)

well I tried a rca to svideo adaptor but it didn't work , so I rang foxtel & they told me they only had 851 boxes. So I informed them that I know they have them so If I can't have a swap I will cancel when my contract expires. Now it seems they will contact the inventory department for a replacement. So I will see what happens.

Great to hear you got it out of them. Maybe they are running out but I notice this box never gives the weekly failed recordings that the 851 box we had gave. It is running great and hopefully no more issues.. Svideo on the 851 box is no good the box only outputs composite on the vcr out.

personally after having the 2 boxes the 850 is a better box. smaller hard disk but I watch & delete or copy to the blu-ray recorder anyway. I think there was a network problem with the 851 but I only noticed after the NBN was installed, it kept on showing disconnected. I am very happy to have the 850IQ back.

My 851 and 850 both had 320gb disks. I was always getting error 41 regularly requiring a hard reset 1 time a month or more frequently. Software was updated and support never addressed the issue other than put in a software update.

I agree the 850 is more recording friendly enjoy.

nope its just what the installer issued on a new connection. I have read posts from people that have paid the $200 for the bigger drive.

That was what i was saying. Oh you seeing any issues copying to a DVR? See

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2092564&p=-1bottom

Mine working very well so unsure what their issue is. Sounds like macrovision protection

I have a video stabiliser that shuts off the flags so I can record anything on foxtel. Had a look at a new 3d blu-ray reorder as my panny 780 is getting too slow going to the menu's. What a joke now panasonic have deleted the svideo from all their new models.

I noticed that when I checked out all the DVRs at Myers a month or so back when I was starting this quest. In fact some models have no composite as well. I can under stand blocking recording HD but svideo is std def.

I hope my old panasonic dvr 5 years old keeps on keeping on.

yes the samsung's have hdmi & optic only. I am now streaming netflix on the samsung tv & stopped recording, dumping the movies from foxtel. at $8 a month for unlimited by would you bother paying foxtel.

now this is great the IQ2 they sent me out no longer records or plays, think its the hard drive. they are sending me out another & I bet I will get the 851 again.

Did they give you the chance of asking for the 850? Mine also may have a fault. I am getting signal breakup regularly on some channels and am monitoring it to see if I can see a pattern.

Sorry to hear about that

Edited by Peacekeeper