Zero Dark Thirty

Awesome, but not an action movie by any stretch. Fascinating and very well acted. The dynamic range of the explosions really made me lift an eyebrow though. Instantly thought I'm glad that's not my speakers... Hadn't experienced that sort of range before despite being my usual multiplex. This was at Village Doncaster in a digital projection cinema.

Final reenactment is so realistic that it's a bit of a anticlimax for action fans. Having said that, this goes into a very select list of movies where you are left dumbstruck and speechless as the closing credits come up and you leave. Audience was sort of shell shocked I thought. Only other movies to give me that feeling recently were Avatar 3D (for pure immersion) and Dark Knight Rises.

Edited by blybo

Girl Power in action. Another overlong movie and very disjointed you can tell it is bad when they have to subtitle the locations.

Not really an action movie but worth a watch but only once. Thought the Kingdom was a better film in the Middle East genre.

Interesting as critics and reviewers have at 8.5/10 .

then again reviews are probably from the US and there is a lot of strong feelings over the subject in the US.

Have on pre-order but will see if ratings change and possibly cancel.

Edited by bbar

Interesting as critics and reviewers have at 8.5/10 .

then again reviews are probably from the US and there is a lot of strong feelings over the subject in the US.

Have on pre-order but will see if ratings change and possibly cancel.

Be interesting to see how it rates internationally.

I think some of the disjointeness if that is a word is the fact that the story is spread over a number of years.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1365073469' post='1877072]

thanks for review, sounds like well worth getting. pity region locked ! oh well will have to wait on amazon uk

Sounds like u need a reg A player...HeeHee

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1365073469' post='1877072]

thanks for review, sounds like well worth getting. pity region locked ! oh well will have to wait on amazon uk

It is a watch once movie IMO and we all know what happens at the end.