Panasonic 2013 Tvs : Zt, Vt, St , S Series Plasma & Leds

http://www.whathifi....s-release-dates

http://www.panasonic...elevisions.aspx

2013 Panasonic VIERA Plasma TV line up

There’s 16 new models for the Plasma TV line up, including a new flagship ZT60 series and including enhanced features to the Smart side of things. This line up will be available starting in February 2013.

Also new, and supplied with the ST60 and above, is the Panasonic Touch Pen, which allows you to draw directly on to your plasma TV.

ZT60 Series – flagship plasma TV

PanaTXP60ZT60.jpg

TX-P65ZT60 UPDATE: 65in model shown at CES but not available in UK

TX-P60ZT60 60in model ONLY

Completely different panel to rest of Panasonic range

Full HD 1080p

Active 3D; Includes two pairs of Active Shutter 3D Eyewear

Viera Connect, My Home Screen, Swipe and Share 2.0, Touch Pad Controller, Voice Interaction and Guidance

Optional Touch Pen accessory

HDMI x3, USB x3

‘Beyond the Reference’ picture quality

THX in both 2D and 3D modes (tentative)

Built-in Wireless LAN and web browser, DLNA, Bluetooth

Release date: May

Panasonic VT60 Series

PanaP55VT60.jpg

TX-P50VT60

TX-P55VT60

TX-P65VT60

Full HD 1080p

Active 3D; Includes two pairs of Active Shutter 3D Eyewear

Built-in side speakers

Built-in camera

My Home Screen, Swipe and Share 2.0, Touch Pad Controller, Voice Interaction and Guidance

Touch Pen supplied

HDMI x3, USB x3

THX in both 2D and 3D modes

Release date: April/May

Price: TBC, similar to 2012 models

Panasonic GT60 Series

PanaTXP50GT60.jpg

TX-P50GT60

TX-P42GT60

Full HD 3D neoPlasma TV with 3000 Hz FFD

Hexa-processing Engine

THX-certified 2D/3D display

VIERA Connect, my Home Screen, Voice Interaction, Swipe and Share 2.0

USB HDD recording

Voice and gesture controls

Touch pen supplied

Replaces GT50, award-winner

3000 Hz FFD

Release date: April/May

Price: TBC, similar to 2012 models

Panasonic ST60 Series

TX-P42ST60

TX-P50ST60

TX-P55ST60

TX-P65ST60

Full HD 1080p

Active 3D

Viera Connect, My Home Screen, Swipe and Share 2.0, Voice Guidance, web browser

Touch Pen supplied

HDMI x3, USB x2

Panasonic S60 Series

TX-P42S60

TX-P50S60

TX-P55S60

TX-P60S60

TX-P65S60

Full HD 1080p

Built-in Wireless LAN, DLNA, Viera Link

Optional Touch Pen accessory

Online movie/video streaming

HDMI x2, USB x2

Panasonic X60 Series

TX-P42X60

TX-P50X60

720p resolution

HDMI x2, USB x1

Edited by petetherock

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2013 Panasonic VIERA LED/LCD TV line up

There’s 16 new models for the LED/LCD TV line up, leading with the WT60 series and including enhanced features to the Smart side of things. This range will be available in the spring of 2013. Silver as main design, with some white and black models available. All Panasonic 3D LCD TVs use passive 3D technology.

Panasonic WT60 Series

PanaL55WT602.jpg

TX-L47WT60

TX-L55WT60

Full HD 1080p

3D

HDMI x3

Backlight scanning 4200 BLS

Local dimming

Wide viewing angle

Built-in camera

Viera Connect My Home Screen, Swipe and Share 2.0, Touch Pad Controller, Voice Interaction and Guidance

2 x Twin Tuners = 2 Freeview HD and 2 Freesat HD tuners

Panasonic DT60 Series

PanaL55DT60_2.jpg

TX-L42DT60

TX-L47DT60

TX-L50DT60

TX-L55DT60

TX-L60DT60

Full HD 1080p

178 degree wide viewing angle

HDMI x3, USB x3

Viera Connect My Home Screen, Swipe and Share 2.0, Touch Pad Controller, Voice Interaction and Guidance

Release date: March

Panasonic FT60 Series

TX-L42FT60

TX-L47FT60

Replaces ET50 range

Similar spec to DT60, no extra remote for voice/gesture, though you can use Viera Remote 2.0 for these functions

Full HD 1080p

178 degree wide viewing angle

HDMI x3, USB x3

Viera Connect My Home Screen, Swipe and Share 2.0, Voice Interaction and Guidance

Release date: March

Panasonic ET60 Series

TX-L42ET60

TX-L47ET60

TX-L50ET60

TX-L55ET60

Full HD 1080p

Passive 3D

2D-3D conversion

Viera Connect, My Home Screen, built-in Wireless LAN, Swipe and Share 2.0

HDMI x3, USB x2

Backlight scanning 720 BLS

Panasonic E6 Series

TX-L32E6

TX-L39E6

TX-L42E6

TX-L50E6

Full HD 1080p

No 3D

Dot noise reduction

Viera Connect, My Home Screen, built-in Wireless LAN, Swipe and Share 2.0, Voice Guidance

HDMI x3, USB x2

Backlight scanning 240 BLS

Panasonic EM6 Series

TX-L32EM6

TX-L39EM6

TX-L50EM6

1080p resolution

HDMI x2, USB x1

Dot noise reduction

Backlight scanning 240 BLS

Panasonic XM6 Series

TX-L32XM6

TX-L39XM6

TX-L50XM6

720p resolution

HDMI x2, USB x1

Dot noise reduction

Panasonic B6 Series

TX-L32B6

TX-L39B6

TX-L42B6

TX-L50B6

720p resolution for TC-L32B6

1080p resolution for TC-L39B6 and TC-L50B6

HDMI x2, USB x1

Dot noise reduction

Do we get European models or Asian models?

Asia is not getting the ZT60's at all, and the loss of that extra 5" on the European model is enough to turn me off. I was hoping we'd see a 70" plasma this year to make everything perfect, but to take a step back is annoying.

Also, apparently the ZT60's are going to be a small production run and not likely to show up in big box retailers, rather by order and high-end specialty retailers. Which means a high price that won't move down much at all.

"Panasonic has also struggled with the diminishing interest in Plasma televisions, which have traditionally dominated the company’s TV line-up. To realign with customer demand, its production of LCD models increased last year, but TVs like Panasonic TX-L47DT50 failed to perform at the level of the best from the competition. However, Estornel suggests that LCD televisions are as in danger as plasma TVs. Estornel says that “people say OLED will replace plasma [but] OLED will replace LCD. It will replace everything.” The only thing currently holding back this relatively new TV technology “is a question of cost.” Panasonic has already announced that it is to cease production of LCD TVs in favour of OLED models, and its new 4k tablet."

http://www.trustedre...t-really-worked

JSmith :ninja:

Just a thought, the bigger the screen, the more likely it is to catch some reflections, and that's the bane of plasma TVs. I have to look out for stray light, and avoid reflections, which is not so easy on my 64".

Otherwise plasma is fabulous for PQ.

Just a thought, the bigger the screen, the more likely it is to catch some reflections, and that's the bane of plasma TVs. I have to look out for stray light, and avoid reflections, which is not so easy on my 64".

Otherwise plasma is fabulous for PQ.

Show me an LCD with a less reflective screen than a good plasma, I haven't seen one in years.

"Panasonic has also struggled with the diminishing interest in Plasma televisions, which have traditionally dominated the company’s TV line-up. To realign with customer demand, its production of LCD models increased last year, but TVs like Panasonic TX-L47DT50 failed to perform at the level of the best from the competition. However, Estornel suggests that LCD televisions are as in danger as plasma TVs. Estornel says that “people say OLED will replace plasma [but] OLED will replace LCD. It will replace everything.” The only thing currently holding back this relatively new TV technology “is a question of cost.” Panasonic has already announced that it is to cease production of LCD TVs in favour of OLED models, and its new 4k tablet."

http://www.trustedre...t-really-worked

It seems that Samsung and LG are having serious problems with OLED technology and are getting cold feet. Main stream availability and acceptance seem a long way off.

And for those doomsayers who think that Plasma is dead. It's the largest range of Plasma TVs that Panasonic have ever released and there's still lots of R&D going on.

http://www.hdtvtest....01302112658.htm

Quite astute mate . the prices here recall the saying ''nature abhors a vacuum'' :rofl:

No price has been attached to the Panasonic OLED TV, but – as a guide - the rival 55-inch OLED set from LG is set to sell for 8,000 Euros, or roughly £6,400.

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/panasonic-admits-investment-in-3d-tv-hasn-t-really-worked#6R8ecrrceCVHEofl.99

It seems that Samsung and LG are having serious problems with OLED technology and are getting cold feet. Main stream availability and acceptance seem a long way off.

Not at all mate, teething problems in a new type of tech/product are very normal.

Once the failure rate is reduced, expect to see plenty in the next 3 years... as I'm sure you know some have already been released overseas.

Don't deny it Owen, you know it's true. :P

Your optimism and enthusiasm are to be commended mate, but I'm a realist. It took a decade for Plasma and LCD to get to the pricing we see today and both did not have to compete with well established very cheap alternatives that perform more than acceptably for the vast majority. Added to that the market was hungry for flat panels TV's and was unhindered by a GFC.

Most people now have a flat panel TV, money is tight and demand is way down on what it once was. Selling high price TV's in today's market is going to be very difficult so sales volume will be low and price drops slow.

Large affordable OLED TV's will come sooner or later, but my moneys on latter.

Still limited to 65", and for ZT maybe only 60" down under :( . Surely people after a high end TV will want something larger in 2013. Hell, we could buy 63" Plasma's over 10 years ago, wouldn't buy that size then and sure wouldn't be happy with that size now.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I rather not have these new fangled stuff, and have to pay more.

I rather have a solid plasma or even LED so long as the PQ is good, and the price is right, instead of always paying a very high price for cutting edge, which may still be unreliable or expensive.

• 1 month later...

Any pricing for the new range?

Cheers, Pickles.

Seems that some pricing is already out online for $2290. Cheaper than current range, also seen $2330. In both cases need to add in postage of $100-200 depending on location, i am sure once they land that the price can be had in store.

I have heard that there is lag for gaming which puts me off as it is one of the primary uses for me as I have a cinema room with projector for movie watching. Does anyone know if it is noticeable lag or just being picky?

Edit: pricing links

$2,290.00 http://www.webprice.com.au/online-store/panasonic-th-p65st60a-smart-viera-neo-plasma-tv

$2,330.00 http://www.savvyappliances.com.au/catalog/product/view/id/33086/category/18/-id-THP65ST60A/

Cheers,

Adam.

Edited by souljah_adam