Fs: Dynaudio Scx Centre Speaker

Item: Dynaudio Contour SCX Centre Speaker with Matching Stand

Price: $2000 with stand. ($1700 without stand)

Item Condition: 9/10, Excellent

Reason for selling: No Longer used

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank Deposit

Extra Info: I am the second owner of this speaker and bought it off the original owner about 2 years ago. It is in perfect unmarked condition and comes with the optional (adjustable) Dynaudio "Centre Base2" Stand. The stand alone sold for $900 I believe.

The CSX Centre speaker (rrp $4199) is significantly better than the standard Contour SC Centre (rep $2799). The next step up the Dynaudio range in the way of a centre is the $10k Confidence centre, so in my mind the CSX is the pick of the bunch (bang for buck wise) if you are looking for a centre speaker to match Dynaudio Foucs, Contour or Confidence front speakers. The SCX uses the Esotar tweeter which I believe is the same one used in the Dynaudio Confidence range. This centre speaker sounds superb. Voices are articulate and natural sounding through this centre and it really brought my home theatre experience to the next level.

I apologise if I have any of the above RRPs wrong. I got them all from google - http://www.rio.com.a...nds/5/dynaudio/ I just wanted to give you an idea of where this speaker sits in the Dynaudio range.

There are no marks, dings or dents on the speaker, and it is in perfect working order. There is a small mark on the back corner of the "Centre BAse2" stand which I have tried to show in the last pic. You can't see this mark unless you bend down behind the speaker and look carefully.

I have the original box and manual and can post anywhere in australia at buyers cost and risk.

Willing to sell the speaker separately to the "Centre Base2" Stand - see pricing above.

Are Dynaudio really that good? I notice all these speakers seem so pricey compared to the size / weight and / or drivers used. I know know, dont judge a speaker by.... I hope i dont get flamed. I just wanted to know if Dynaudio is really that good for the price? I am interested in getting a center and this one looked interesting except its quite a bit lighter and less drivers than the centres i have at the moment...

Are Dynaudio really that good? I notice all these speakers seem so pricey compared to the size / weight and / or drivers used. I know know, dont judge a speaker by.... I hope i dont get flamed. I just wanted to know if Dynaudio is really that good for the price? I am interested in getting a center and this one looked interesting except its quite a bit lighter and less drivers than the centres i have at the moment...

How many centres do you need ;)

I went from an Energy CC-3 ( proper 3 way) which was a $1200 RRP speaker about 10 years ago so maybe $1500 to $2000 RRP equivalent in todays money to the SCX (2 way).

For me this was an incremental improvement initially, there wasn't much in it, but definately as time has gone there is a definate improvement, the vocals have got much clearer. Subjectively I would say it is a 25% improvement which is about right in terms of diminissing returns are you spend more money.

I think in the end it comes down to the tweeter as it is the item that is doing most of the work.

regards

Michael

Edited by mttel

How many centres do you need ;)

That is the age old question people when they visit my place, then again i have about 4 awesome floor standers not being used either and a crap load of subs not being used :). Then there is the 2 PJs not being used, 50" LCD Sony not being used, 3 Surround Processors, 2 Video Processors ...god damn ,the list goes on with AVRs, power amps, tuners.... BAH

Anyway, love to upgrade, makes me feel all tingly inside. I keep seeing Dynaudios being sold and lots of good things being said about them. But the price of them do always seem quite above a lot of other brands, so was just wondering if they are that much better and if its the drivers or the research / technology etc that makes them so good.

Yes.

I was using a Wyred for Sound SX-500 mono block amp to power this. Will be selling the amp separately when I get around to advertising it (actually have a pair of these)

Dynaudio speakers respond well to very high power amps in my experience and the scx sounded great with the SX-500 running it.

• 5 years later...