For Sale Brand New Aspect Masking System

oztheatre

At this point, I can't put my aspect masking system in as the roof height is too low in the new room.

Given this was one of the first ten units from the initial intro batch and given Chris had already purchased all the parts for it, and after talking with Chris about it, we've come up with a cunning plan!

Sell it.

$3400 delivered. Any size up to 140 inch. That's half price! It's the only one being offered up from the intro batch.

Details:

The new ASPECT CIH masking system is the first Australian designed and manufactured fully featured masking system that is a universal retro-fit over many fixed frame screens currently on the market, including Stewart Filmscreen, SMX, Carada, LP Morgan, OZTS and Screen Technics.

The ASPECT CIH masking system allows users to enjoy native “scope” format movies, with vertical masking panels that glide in, near silently, providing masking for any conceivable format, eliminating the unsightly white areas of the screen left visible when watching any other format movie, and increasing the contrast ratio by providing a super crisp black edge.

• The quietest DC servo motor’s available
  • Electronically controlled masking system
  • 5 pre-programmed, adjustable position settings
  • 5 user definable and programmable positions, giving up to 10 defined positions on the remote control, and infinite positions using RS232
  • ”Jog” function enabling individual control of Left and Right masks - for complete control!
  • Custom made to fit any size cinemascope screen
  • Masking sits 3mm from screen surface
  • Acoustically transparent masking available as an option
  • Fidelio velvet used for masking frame and mask
  • Extruded Aluminium frame and cover

• Cast Aluminium brackets
  • IR remote control
  • RS232 control
  • Consistent masking accuracy to 0.06mm
  • Variable masking speed
  • 110v - 240v switchable

PM if interested.

Yes, it includes the AT option if wanted. You'll need about 220mm above the top of the viewable surface.

Rich's main problem is his screen size constraints due to the size of the JTR speakers. If he installed a smaller screen to suit the masking system, the JTR's would poke out above and / or below the screen.

Cheers,

Chris

Yes, it includes the AT option if wanted. You'll need about 220mm above the top of the viewable surface.

Rich's main problem is his screen size constraints due to the size of the JTR speakers. If he installed a smaller screen to suit the masking system, the JTR's would poke out above and / or below the screen.

Cheers,

Chris

I blame the ceiling :D

• 1 month later...

• 5 months later...

Probably the only chance you'll get to buy a masking system at below cost price! Most of the others have been installed, so this will be the only one left that you specify the size and masking type for the pre-order price!

Cheers,

Chris

Chris, why bother still trying to sell this at "below cost price"? I can understand you offering it at this price when you first started and when this thread was first posted, why don't you just keep it and sell it at RRP? I assume AspectMasking is still going? This was offered up 6 months ago, surely you have recouped costs by now?

What sort of warranty (if any) is included Chris?

Also, if you need 220mm clearance above the screen, do you need the same below? Thanks.

So, do you need the same 220mm clearance below the screen?

Hi Minty,

well, this system is now sold, but warranty is 12 months from date of install.

All firmware updates are free and any development changes are offered at cost for the life of the system.

Cheers,

Chris

Bummer :(

This masking system is still available.

What the ....? :huh:

Hi Minty,

this system was Richard's system that since he moved, could not fit in his new location. It hasn't been built yet, but I was happy to honour the pre-order price as he'd already paid the deposit, and I already have the hardware for it, so it wasn't me selling it per-se, it was Richard, but someone else would have been taking over his system and getting it built to suit their screen. Make sense?

As for your other question - yes, the frame of the system is 200mm from the SCREEN SURFACE, plus an extra 20mm to allow for the cover to snap on, on all edges. I've sold a couple more units since the pre-order at full price, but I've sunk a lot of money into this little venture, and am still a long way from re-couping costs.

Bryan had said he'd take Richard's system, but then his circumstances changed which meant he was sitting on the fence for a while, and then had to pull the pin in the end unfortunately.

Cheers,

Chris

• 5 years later...