How Much Have You Spent On Your Blu-Ray Collections?

Ok Guys, I have just had a quick glance through How many Blu-ray's you own and have seen some big numbers.

I want to take this further and ask roughly how much you have spent on your collection?

I am sure some of these figures will be massive...

Cheers,

STE4LTH

I don't want to even think about it,

too much

At one stage i remember i had over 1800 dvd's, have whittled that down to under a hundred, and have over 300 blu's now-- i made sure i exercised a massive restraint this time round and i still stick too it to keep the numbers down................. Mostly......

Yep. I only feel guilty thinking about all my spending. I bought DVD in the early stage with USA imports. $50 was about the price. Later local release was around $35. I bought like crazy when price hit $25 a piece. Now they all worth next to nothing. The worst is that most people around me care less about quality and watch movies for free by download. All the spending only made me looks like a fool to them. Still I just bought over 100 Blus from all the sales in November alone. :pinch:

After looking at some of the numbers in this thread and in "How many Blu-Rays do you own", I think I haven't spent anything.

122 BDs purchased for the princely sum of $1400. Under $12 per film on average.

Almost the same 118 @ $13 each ($1500ish) mainly from Amazon UK and JB sales.

Yeah just picked a figure that seems reasonable if I lost the cd's, bd's etc. may still be a bit short but should be able to replace most of what I want for $30k. Basically assumed rogh 1000 discs at $30 - have more discs than 1000 and can get most for less than 30

Edited by SDL

Just realized the other day that my insurance only covered $5k for discs so upped it to $30k as the collection is somewhere near that.

My collection is probably near $20k but when I discussed that figure with my insurance consultant,

she said drop the price to about 30% of what you spent, because "if we need to replace your Blu-ray collection,

we will purchase them in bulk and at a significant discount to your individual purchases".

Makes sense to me.

Regards

My collection is probably near $20k but when I discussed that figure with my insurance consultant,

she said drop the price to about 30% of what you spent, because "if we need to replace your Blu-ray collection,

we will purchase them in bulk and at a significant discount to your individual purchases".

Makes sense to me.

Regards

My experience was they did that with equipment as they got it at wholesale prices,but a claim I made for discs they asked me to give them the value and they gave me a JB voucher. They certainly weren't going to go source discs that they couldn't get from their standard suppliers.

Oh and it was about $80 more in insurance so I rather be covered than argue about what someone may have suggested over the phone.

Edited by SDL

My experience was they did that with equipment as they got it at wholesale prices,but a claim I made for discs they asked me to give them the value and they gave me a JB voucher. They certainly weren't going to go source discs that they couldn't get from their standard suppliers.

You are probably right for a small claim of ten to twenty discs.

but if the insurance company needs to replace your entire $30K collection, I would be amazed if they offered you the $30K and said go find the replacements yourself, when they could save themselves more than half by asking for your list of titles and bulk buying them for you.

Regards

Edited by bernievink

I had a claim of around $100k about 2 years ago. A number of items they got wholesale where they had agreements with major suppliers (Clive Peeters, HN and a couple of others) but most of,y stuff, including discs they did not have agreements and just gave me the cash or vouchers or in the case of some HT gear their supplier had to buy from a second supplier who got it from the distributor so ended up retail anyway.

Many of my discs are from UK, USA and some from Asia, they cannot get them from local suppliers don't

let them kid you they can.it isn't them that wants the replacement on a claim and they will try to fob you off with whatever they can get.

Edited by SDL