Goodbye

A forum will reflect on the topic of the day and its current standing. If people are complaining about foxtel a lot on this forum, then there are clearly issues at foxtel. Its no different on any other forum with any topic.

Can someone post the clip by Bocelli and Brightman (Time to say Goodbye) we're not allowed to have You Tube at work (bastards), but I can still buy from Amazon and E-bay................. :yes:

we get youtube but we also get a monthly quota which youtube often causes me to exceed. I just wish we could get ebay

And as the sun set slowly in the west he wandered off, with thoughts that if he didn't ever read complaints about subscription TV it would somehow just magically get better, such is the power of far off dreamland and the world of the sugarplum fairies.

this use to be one of the best pay tv forums site now its a complain site. i moving on to knowfirst and tvtonight.

goodbye

Its not a complaint site...The Foxtel Digital forum is one where discussions on any news relating to Foxtel can be shared and ruminated over. Unfortunately, most of the discussion threads over the last year or so indicate that the news generally is QUITE BAD.

Of course, then DanDans can always come on and defend Foxtel because he obviously works for them.

I do have to say that I love the sense of humour of yous all. The fact that someone can request a youtube clip and it is uploaded 8 minutes later to give chewygumby a fond farewell cracks me up to bits.

Cheers,

Jabba.

Edited by JabbaTheHutt

Chewygumby is absolutely correct. This forum has for years been brilliant. The last 18 months however has been less about informing people of changes and upcoming events on foxtel and more about whinging about everything people presume to be bad about foxtel. Let me make a few things clear. The average person.....

1. Doesn't care that picture quality on the Hd channels has reduced by such a tiny amount that's its unnoticeable.

2. That the movie channels have changed. Wake up everyone the same movies will be shown and if for a few weeks not all studios have signed with foxtel ....... Then who cares!!!

For those that have been here for years. You too would have noticed that some of the more informative people haven't posted for a while. This I believe to be the major reason why people are turning to other information and forum sites such as knowfirst, aupaytv and tv tonight.

Why does the original poster feel the need to tell us he is leaving? Why not just leave quietly and leave the rest of us to it?

Mate, this place houses the skeletons of spat dummies in every second archived thread you can bother to look up.

He ain't the first, and won't be the last...

(Mind you, if he's true to his word, he'll probably be the first in that regard!!)

1. Doesn't care that picture quality on the Hd channels has reduced by such a tiny amount that's its unnoticeable.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Timy, it may be unnoticeable when you are sitting at home watching your 68cm CRT, but you should know that I have subscribed to Foxtel's HD service since its inception and the difference in picture quality between then and now watching my 150cm KURO is definitely noticeable - and it is not the TV to blame for this. It used to be that there wasn't much of a difference between Foxtel HD and Bluray, but they are now worlds apart in picture quality.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Timy, it may be unnoticeable when you are sitting at home watching your 68cm CRT, but you should know that I have subscribed to Foxtel's HD service since its inception and the difference in picture quality between then and now watching my 150cm KURO is definitely noticeable - and it is not the TV to blame for this. It used to be that there wasn't much of a difference between Foxtel HD and Bluray, but they are now worlds apart in picture quality.

Been thinking of updating to the HD package, how does it compare to FTA HD?

That is true, I have noticed the HD decline as well, i kept telling myself it was just my eyes getting used to it but yet when i watch Bluray definitely looks a lot better but still just thought it was random till i saw other people report the same. Will it improve again? why did it go downhill to enable more data for other channels?

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Has the price gone down commensurate with the PQ (rhetorical) ?

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

The sport's channels still look pretty damn good IMO. I don't have movies so can't comment on that.

Having said that i wouldn't pay full price either, if your not happy ring and ask for a discount!

Been thinking of updating to the HD package, how does it compare to FTA HD?

When I last had Foxtel HD (2 months ago), the HD was much better than FTA. It could've been better (& is in many countries around the world), but compared to anything else in Aus, nothing beat it.

Of course, then DanDans can always come on and defend Foxtel because he obviously works for them.

How did I get sucked into this?

And I defend them?? Since when?? Obviously reading is not a forte of yours - perhaps remove yourself from this forum too

Also - FYI I used to work for them more than 6 years ago - Ive never made a secret of it - I announced it quite a few times, but (this might surprise you, so sit down please) I dont actually work for them anymore - I work for a much more annoying company thats probably monitoring everything you do right now

Also, get my name right moron - obvious proof that you cant read

this use to be one of the best pay tv forums site now its a complain site. i moving on to knowfirst and tvtonight.

goodbye

Do you think customer has no right to complain any service he pays for? Customers expect quality

Foxtel rips off customers, became very bad and user shouldn't say anything? Then Foxtel wil become completely crap much worse than it is now in next years