Sign in to follow this  
troykm1503560079

Confirmation Of New Foxtel Movies And What Your Not Getting!

What's the point if it is on Ch9 Starpics started around midday and by the time ch9 aires it that night most of the media would have it plastered all over the place with results just spoils it

cheers laurie

It's doesn't matter, we enjoy watching it especially this year there have a lot of good movies. Of course we would try to avoid listening to the news about the award.

OK so now we know the Movies packages has come down from $32 to $25 ... great! But what has happened with securing agreements with Disney and MGM? I am surprised the negotiations are taking that long given WB/Roadshow signed up even before TMN ceased operating.

Until then the movies will be incomplete and I wonder whether we will have to pay extra (another $7/month perhaps) for dedicated Disney and MGM movie channels?

OK, so the movie channels are now $25 per month...

Does this include any free movies on demand via the internet service?

Are there still free new release on demand movies (2 per month it was long ago) or is that part of the HD package?

Cheers

blairy

There are now over 500 free "on-demand" movies, for those that have the Movie package..

Anything HD?

Last I checked there were exactly zero HD movies available for streaming, which is pretty disappointing.

Still zero HD - I'm gbuessing bandwidth is problem; or at least a perceived problem. I've successfully done HD from the state (Vudu) and it worked fine.

cheers

blairy

If its connected by Wi-Fi to your router there could be buffering problems ethernet should be ok I noticed my X-Box doing the same thing on YouTube with HD via Wi-Fi

cheers laurie

yep everything is downloaded & to take advantage of free downloads you need big pond internet or otherwise have a good download quota with another isp.

How apt for Foxtel to be showing 'The Muppets'

Yes it's a tribute on Foxtels behalf to all their customers that complain about a crap service but continue to hand over their money each month.

seems foxtel have come to agreement with disney, the avengers and the muppets both on foxtel movies in march.

Excellent! But what happened to 'John Carter'? This was the last movie to premiere on TMN and hasn't been seen since. Then again given the disappointing reviews for this movie maybe Foxtel has decided to concentrate on blockbuster Disney (distributed) movies like The Avengers. Still I am sure John Carter will appear on Action/Adventure soon.

Just an aside, I notice that the Foxtel Movies site is now listing movies that don't premier until the end of March, not bad except you see the whole list of movies and need to select the movie to find out when it premieres.

Finally it is confirmed that Disney and MGM have signed and Foxtel Movies is now pretty much complete:

http://www.foxtel.com.au/whats-on/foxtel-insider/foxtel-completes-hollywood-studio-line-up-210367.htm

This is not surprising given Disney is moving to the Basic/Essentials package (better relationship between Foxtel and Disney, probably movies agreed at the same time) and also that:

http://www.foxtel.com.au/whats-on/foxtel-insider/foxtel-and-disney-expand-relationship-210368.htm

So I wonder when 'John Carter' will screen again since it lasted less than 48 hours on Australian pay-tv Dec 30 and Dec 31 in 2012!

Probably April.

Indeed! 8:30pm, Sunday April 21 as a premiere movie (although it premiered on TMN back on Dec 30).

Looks like the foxtelmovies.com.au site has now uploaded their April movie offering (2 months in advance, not bad) since John Carter (and a whole bunch of others) just appeared today.

Edited by PeteP

Indeed! 8:30pm, Sunday April 21 as a premiere movie (although it premiered on TMN back on Dec 30).

Looks like the foxtelmovies.com.au site has now uploaded their April movie offering (2 months in advance, not bad) since John Carter (and a whole bunch of others) just appeared today.

I guess after the signing of mgm and disney, it allowed them to increase the upcoming film list from 1 month to 2.