Sign in to follow this  
troykm1503560079

Confirmation Of New Foxtel Movies And What Your Not Getting!

Ok people stop arguing or im turning this car around and going home and there will be no ice cream for anyone! :-)

Where's my bloody ice cream. :P

Edited by ols

LOL. I'm actually a highly paid professional, which is why I have the time to stir you. (****, hope this doesn't make me a troll). My staff are doing all of the work for me.

J.

You mean in the fantasy world that you live in located in the basement (or is that the spare bedroom) of your mothers house?

JabbaTheHighlyPaidProfessionalHutt - yeah, as if I believe that one....

First Warner Bros. movie to appear this weekend.

Unless I'm mistaken.

http://foxtelmovies....au/movie/123655

You are mistaken. This is not a movie and even if it is a movie it's an old movie and even if it's not and old movie it's not a WB movie..... at least that's what I'm sure those that have been in here wringing their hands and declaring 'the world is ending' will try to tell you. Hopefully this storm in a teacup can now abate.

You are mistaken. This is not a movie and even if it is a movie it's an old movie and even if it's not and old movie it's not a WB movie..... at least that's what I'm sure those that have been in here wringing their hands and declaring 'the world is ending' will try to tell you. Hopefully this storm in a teacup can now abate.

hmm according to IMDB and Rottentomatos its made by WB!!

cheers laurie

hmm according to IMDB and Rottentomatos its made by WB!!

cheers laurie

Think you missed the sarcasm Laurie

Think you missed the sarcasm Laurie

Yeah think so Wheelz still getting over Xmas and New Year another senior moment :hmm:

What has happened to their HD library? Seriously, 5 of the 7 movie channels tend to be showing something in SD, even saw a 1980s howler the other night in stunning 4:3 SD. They can do whatever they want with the content, I don't really care. But if something is taking up HD space, and thats basically all I watch, then how about putting it on in HD. Most of the Showtime based movie channels were fine before January 1, so I can't reason why now everything has gone down the drain in regard to picture quality.

someone told me people were ringing up the radio stations voicing their opinion about the changes, a lot more than us here not happy.

What has happened to their HD library? Seriously, 5 of the 7 movie channels tend to be showing something in SD, even saw a 1980s howler the other night in stunning 4:3 SD. They can do whatever they want with the content, I don't really care. But if something is taking up HD space, and thats basically all I watch, then how about putting it on in HD. Most of the Showtime based movie channels were fine before January 1, so I can't reason why now everything has gone down the drain in regard to picture quality.

PQ on the HD services has taken a serious dive, notwithstanding bandwidth issues, Sunday evening at prime time was an absolute howler with nothing of note and most in SD.

someone told me people were ringing up the radio stations voicing their opinion about the changes, a lot more than us here not happy.

I wonder, if the switchboard filtered out the callers who hadn't cancelled their subscriptions, how many unhappy voices would get through.

LOL, poor foxtel....now would be a good time to negotiate a deal-obviously movies would be free.....lol

posted on foxtel's face book page -

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all your feedback about the new Movies package – We’ve heard all your views and we’re adding some extra features in response! From Thursday movie subscribers will receive up to two extra +2 movie channels (Action & Adventure +2 and Family +2) to increase the amount of choice available, and anyone with an iQ or MyStar box will find from today that there will be a selection of up to 3 great movies every week available in the ‘Featured’ section of your ‘On Demand’ or ‘Planner’ menu, available at no extra cost to movies subscribers. No Download required, just press Play! Kicking off this week is ‘Contraband’, ‘Man on Ledge’ and ‘Crazy, Stupid Love’!

Hi Everyone! Thanks for all your feedback about the new Movies package – We’ve heard all your views and we’re adding some extra features in response! From Thursday movie subscribers will receive up to two extra +2 movie channels (Action & Adventure +2 and Family +2) to increase the amount of choice available, and anyone with an iQ or MyStar box will find from today that there will be a selection of up to 3 great movies every week available in the ‘Featured’ section of your ‘On Demand’ or ‘Planner’ menu, available at no extra cost to movies subscribers. No Download required, just press Play! Kicking off this week is ‘Contraband’, ‘Man on Ledge’ and ‘Crazy, Stupid Love’!

In crappy standard definition I presume.

Well after some of the fanbois insisting there was no issues.. looks like even Foxtel are admitting that there were a lot of concerns and issues otherwise they would not be doing all this.....Interesting that they picked family and action and adventure. Are they the 2 most popular (besides premiere) movie channels? I suppose family might be due to kid friendly programming. I can see how action and adventure could be.. I dont personally like the family channel too much but thats probably because i dont have kids yet ;). So this 3 free movies, they are premiere movies looks like? Recently released movies? Arent the recent releases usually available in catch up? are they in HD? Also when they mean anyone with a IQ, i presume you still have to have the movie packages?

Well after some of the fanbois insisting there was no issues.. looks like even Foxtel are admitting that there were a lot of concerns and issues otherwise they would not be doing all this.....Interesting that they picked family and action and adventure. Are they the 2 most popular (besides premiere) movie channels? I suppose family might be due to kid friendly programming. I can see how action and adventure could be.. I dont personally like the family channel too much but thats probably because i dont have kids yet ;). So this 3 free movies, they are premiere movies looks like? Recently released movies? Arent the recent releases usually available in catch up? are they in HD? Also when they mean anyone with a IQ, i presume you still have to have the movie packages?

You need to be connected to the internet for 'catch up' though (which I think was what a lot of people had a beef with, especially old Austar folk whose Mystars don't connect to the internet) , these will be downloaded on to the hard drive

Well after some of the fanbois insisting there was no issues.. looks like even Foxtel are admitting that there were a lot of concerns and issues otherwise they would not be doing all this.

So let's examine.

Does the additional +2 channels alter the fact that older movies used to show on Showtime / Movie One? No.

Are the additional movies available via 'catch up' movies that have not and will not appear on Premiere? No.

Of course they are back... Has everything to do with the fact that foxtel admits that there are issues and concerns and people are not happy with the current stand on things and are trying to figure out ways of providing extra choice and options. At least they are trying. If people did not complain and went along with everything as you want them to, then none of this would have happened. I am happy people did stand up and complain, at the very least foxtel has heard and have tried to do something about it. Its better than nothing at all.. which is how we would have it, if we were all brainwashed fanbois...people should watch Idiocracy.... the world is becoming more and more like it.

Doodlefeatures - ahh, that makes sense, no wonder they specifically made a statement that it is predownloaded and ready to be watched. So its for all the people who dont have the net connected to the box. Although i would recommend everyone to get connected because it does open up some extra choice and variety for you and gives you a bit more on demand stuff. Wish it were in HD, as i really do prefer watching HD. I do miss the free 2 movies a month, I remember they used to be really good quality HD, are they still like that?

Of course they are back... Has everything to do with the fact that foxtel admits that there are issues and concerns and people are not happy with the current stand on things and are trying to figure out ways of providing extra choice and options. At least they are trying. If people did not complain and went along with everything as you want them to, then none of this would have happened. I am happy people did stand up and complain, at the very least foxtel has heard and have tried to do something about it. Its better than nothing at all.. which is how we would have it, if we were all brainwashed fanbois...people should watch Idiocracy.... the world is becoming more and more like it.

Indicate where I said that. FYI, in case it slipped your attention I cancelled Austar earlier this year. All I've ever stated is that i) complaining gets you no where - don't imagine for a minute that Foxtel was 'forced' into adding +2 channels. They would have been part of the plan all along much the same as making arrangements with WB etc; and ii) The appearance of an older movie or two on Premier is no variation from what happened previously on Showtime / Movie One. If that makes me a 'fanboi' so be it.

Edited by DrP

Fair enough, maybe i am being a bit harsh or childish. I just get really frustrated sometimes when i see people coming on here and telling others they should be happy and content no matter what a company does to them even when the service obviously has changed and dropped. I see this more and more and a lot of times its from kids who seem to get enjoyment out of attacking / bullying online due to issues at home and / or attention seeking.

See this in so many forums these days, i never used to see this about 10+ years ago. I think there are too many companies getting away with too much,especially down here in australia where there seems to be a lot of monopolies forming up in the various industries. With power comes price gouging and killing the small businesses.

Anyway, I still think Foxtel did what they did purely as a revenue raiser for them and not as a benefit / a step forward for customers. In the process they also cost jobs and cut out the movie network distributors and went straight to the big boys. Thats a shame as they had been around for a long time and had brought a lot to cable tv down here.

But I do disagree with you, I think the complaining did help and definitely did something in this case, it brought a lot of negative publicity as well as probably some cancellations. At the very least it pushed forward services that foxtel would otherwise have held back for a while, at best it brought in new services that foxtel never were going to add.

I can't see this on the facebook page, is it a response to a comment?

nope it was just added by foxtel, so if you add a like to their face book page you will get the notice.