Confirmation Of New Foxtel Movies And What Your Not Getting!

the mgm movies are going to be shown on the other channels as they are the older movies, the foxtel guy I spoke to claimed all the movie channels have signed up but it will take a little bit of time to set things up. He mentioned the disney channels having most of the newer movies.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to tvtonight.com.au movies are now available on foxtel go. I checked this morning and it wasn't on mine. Also, foxtel go is coming to pc, Mac, iPod, iPhone and Android LOL soon.

According to tvtonight.com.au movies are now available on foxtel go. I checked this morning and it wasn't on mine. Also, foxtel go is coming to pc, Mac, iPod, iPhone and Android LOL soon.

What's Foxtel version of COMING! like how hard is it to implement Android when it was available for the Olympics on my tablet?

cheers laurie

Just received Feb magazine - no OSCAR on any of the channels? It used to be in STAR PIC!! We are very annoyed. I thought at least Foxtel would have sign up for the Oscars especially they are playing all the awards - BAFTA, SAG etc. And the Premier Movies are awful for next month. Is Avengers - Disney pictures? We are still awating for them to show.

Just received Feb magazine - no OSCAR on any of the channels? It used to be in STAR PIC!! We are very annoyed. I thought at least Foxtel would have sign up for the Oscars especially they are playing all the awards - BAFTA, SAG etc. And the Premier Movies are awful for next month. Is Avengers - Disney pictures? We are still awating for them to show.

Look again, there is even a full page ad for the Oscars.

according to david know, the tv tonight blog he runs, foxtel won't be airing the 2013 oscars(unlike the past 3-4 years where starpics did).

As for the avengers, yeah it is a disney film, won't be on foxtel movies until foxtel and disney come to an agreement(nothing as of yet), doodlefeatures was right about the promo for the avengers and movie one, might of been december last year when I saw the same promo.

Will the Oscars be on commercial channel 9?

What's the point if it is on Ch9 Starpics started around midday and by the time ch9 aires it that night most of the media would have it plastered all over the place with results just spoils it

cheers laurie

What's the point if it is on Ch9 Starpics started around midday and by the time ch9 aires it that night most of the media would have it plastered all over the place with results just spoils it

cheers laurie

It's doesn't matter, we enjoy watching it especially this year there have a lot of good movies. Of course we would try to avoid listening to the news about the award.

OK so now we know the Movies packages has come down from $32 to $25 ... great! But what has happened with securing agreements with Disney and MGM? I am surprised the negotiations are taking that long given WB/Roadshow signed up even before TMN ceased operating.

Until then the movies will be incomplete and I wonder whether we will have to pay extra (another $7/month perhaps) for dedicated Disney and MGM movie channels?

OK, so the movie channels are now $25 per month...

Does this include any free movies on demand via the internet service?

Are there still free new release on demand movies (2 per month it was long ago) or is that part of the HD package?

Cheers

blairy

If its connected by Wi-Fi to your router there could be buffering problems ethernet should be ok I noticed my X-Box doing the same thing on YouTube with HD via Wi-Fi

cheers laurie

How apt for Foxtel to be showing 'The Muppets'

Yes it's a tribute on Foxtels behalf to all their customers that complain about a crap service but continue to hand over their money each month.

seems foxtel have come to agreement with disney, the avengers and the muppets both on foxtel movies in march.

Excellent! But what happened to 'John Carter'? This was the last movie to premiere on TMN and hasn't been seen since. Then again given the disappointing reviews for this movie maybe Foxtel has decided to concentrate on blockbuster Disney (distributed) movies like The Avengers. Still I am sure John Carter will appear on Action/Adventure soon.

Just an aside, I notice that the Foxtel Movies site is now listing movies that don't premier until the end of March, not bad except you see the whole list of movies and need to select the movie to find out when it premieres.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally it is confirmed that Disney and MGM have signed and Foxtel Movies is now pretty much complete:

http://www.foxtel.com.au/whats-on/foxtel-insider/foxtel-completes-hollywood-studio-line-up-210367.htm

This is not surprising given Disney is moving to the Basic/Essentials package (better relationship between Foxtel and Disney, probably movies agreed at the same time) and also that:

http://www.foxtel.com.au/whats-on/foxtel-insider/foxtel-and-disney-expand-relationship-210368.htm

So I wonder when 'John Carter' will screen again since it lasted less than 48 hours on Australian pay-tv Dec 30 and Dec 31 in 2012!

Probably April.

Indeed! 8:30pm, Sunday April 21 as a premiere movie (although it premiered on TMN back on Dec 30).

Looks like the foxtelmovies.com.au site has now uploaded their April movie offering (2 months in advance, not bad) since John Carter (and a whole bunch of others) just appeared today.

Edited by PeteP

Indeed! 8:30pm, Sunday April 21 as a premiere movie (although it premiered on TMN back on Dec 30).

Looks like the foxtelmovies.com.au site has now uploaded their April movie offering (2 months in advance, not bad) since John Carter (and a whole bunch of others) just appeared today.

I guess after the signing of mgm and disney, it allowed them to increase the upcoming film list from 1 month to 2.

• 3 months later...