Sign in to follow this  
troykm1503560079

Confirmation Of New Foxtel Movies And What Your Not Getting!

Reducing the number of movie channels but not the subscription fee has been a horror for customers and a drama for Foxtel. From January 1, the subscription TV giant moved to just one movie package of 11 channels (movies/drama), which includes two channels repeating the same programs two hours later.

The new offering also splits movie content into genres.

Previously there were two packages and a total of 15 channels, with four of them repeating content two hours after it was initially screened.

The reduction in the number of packages and channels, but not the subscription per month for those who were previously paying for both packages, has caused a major backlash.

Subscribers have vented their anger on Foxtel's Facebook page with more than 600 posts criticising the change.

"If the range of new movies doesn't increase and the cost doesn't stay the same then it'll back to DVD's and downloads.... even back to cinemas....," wrote Dennis Radisich.

Bruce Foster wrote: "Expect my call tomorrow Foxtel, I'm cancelling my Movies subscription! Refuse to pay for the reduced channels for the same price! Oh and if you send me a price increase in the next month or so expect me to cancel the lot!!"

Foxtel's director of corporate affairs Bruce Meagher said the call centre had received more telephone calls than usual about the new movie channel package.

However, he said most subscribers who called were satisfied with the changes once they were told they would not be worse off.

He said once Foxtel had finalised movie deals with Disney and MGM, subscribers would be the winners.

"We are significantly increasing our on demand library so that will also increase the number of movies available," Mr Meagher told AAP.

"We would say they are no worse off and over time they will be far better off.

"The experience we are getting in the call centre, because they are getting calls as well, once that is explained to people they are quite OK about it.

"What we have to do on Facebook is go back and start directly addressing it which is what we are working today."

Meagher said having two less time shifted channels was not really an issue, because a lot of subscribers used an IQ box to record movies.

He said customers who were only subscribing to one of the two previous movie packages were being catered for.

Streamlining the movie channels would mean less "straight to DVD" content being aired and there would also be an increase in the number of movies available on-demand.

"We are significantly increasing our on-demand library so that will also increase the number of movies available even though they are not on a channel," he said.

"For those who only took one of the movie packages before, there are grandfathering arrangements so they will get the same number of channels as they had before."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2013/01/02/17/01/foxtel-feels-viewer-backlash-over-changes

Guys my on demand keeps saying i need to get it upgraded by calling foxtel or doing it online. I am with Telstra for foxtel and have / did have it already activated. I also logged into my foxtel account (I cant make certain changes as i am with telstra) but i was able to see that on demand was activated on my box on my foxtel account. So i am not sure why i am unable to see the ondemand catchup page. I can see the movies that i have to buy, but not the catch up. Tell me i believe that the catch up is free or something is it now? Is that what they are saying that there is more free on demand movies and shows?

How many channels can you watch at once. I've looked over the movie selection this January and there isn't a moment when there isn't a movie on that I wouldnt watch if I could. You can only wAtch one and record two movies at once. You all need to relax. You know once all movie studios sign up you will all start whinging about HD picture quality again on your 300 inch tv screens

Btw I don't work for foxtel. However for a small fee every month I get more choice and better HD coverage than I could ever dream of on free to air

Lone wolf are you connected to the net via a power line adapter cause sometimes that gets interfered with and you need to unplug it and plug it back in again. Anyway hope it helps that is what happened to me.

And by the way timy, the reason foxtel have shifted to Genre based movie channels is to force full uptake of the movie package.

Um, what?

Previously, if a customer wanted premiere movies from all major studios, they have to sign up for both movie packages. Now, a customer only has to get the basic movie package.

Most customers had either Showtime or Movie network but not both.

Source?

But even with having just one of those you got movies that covered all those genres. Now you have no choice but to get the full package to get the same choice as before, and yet its still not the same choice as before because there are less movies on at any one time, less content and you pay the same for it.

If you only had one movie package under the old system, you miss out on half the movies. Now, if you had basic movies, you will have a greater pool of movies to select from.

If you or others are happy with that (seriously how could you be?) then you are just dumb.

A rather ironic statement coming from someone who has consistently misused 'your' in place of 'you're' throughout the thread.

I'll take my 100% HD, thanks.

None of the Movie Network studios(warner brothers, roadshow, disney, etc) moved across to the new foxtel movies start up, only the showtime ones. This is why the foxtel facebook page is in meltdown at moment, also anger on twitter.

What are you on about? Warner and Roadshow have moved across.

Guys my on demand keeps saying i need to get it upgraded by calling foxtel or doing it online. I am with Telstra for foxtel and have / did have it already activated. I also logged into my foxtel account (I cant make certain changes as i am with telstra) but i was able to see that on demand was activated on my box on my foxtel account. So i am not sure why i am unable to see the ondemand catchup page. I can see the movies that i have to buy, but not the catch up. Tell me i believe that the catch up is free or something is it now? Is that what they are saying that there is more free on demand movies and shows?

I called up telstra who said it was activated and transferred me to foxtel help tier 1, who said everything seems right so transferred me to tier 2 and they fixed it in seconds. Something had to be done on their end. So its fixed now. Shame no HD movies / shows for free only the SD versions. I try to only watch HD these days...

I'll take my 100% HD, thanks.

100% HD??

Just because it's called a HD channel doesn't mean everything is shown in HD.

Comedy channel is basically no HD.

Same again for DramaRom.

Family when it's only something from Premiere.

5.1 lacking as well.

Foxtel is great for it's live sports but this is a severe reduction in what is supplied for the money that is forked out to suscribe.

End of story.

Does anyone know if this buzpyTV is legit? im reading all about it on facebook and i just clicked on the website, it has a channel listing its basically a much better version of foxtel without fox sports with pricing in the 30-40 dollar range, sounds too good to be true....they have a heap of movie channels!

Does anyone know if this buzpyTV is legit? im reading all about it on facebook and i just clicked on the website, it has a channel listing its basically a much better version of foxtel without fox sports with pricing in the 30-40 dollar range, sounds too good to be true....they have a heap of movie channels!

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2034444

Fraid not. :(

buzpytv looked good but when I did a search and found nothing I suspected it was a scam.

I am looking at foxtel's guide everyday & still have not found a movie worth watching.

Edited by plumgas

If you actually go to the new foxtel movies website you can see how bare the options are now compared to before, i've also noticed certain movies already appearing on 2 different movie channels, i wanted to give it a chance but i cant defend this, its a major downgrade.

well for people who had both movie packages we are loosing 2 channels as 2 are in both packages. Take a look at whats available no wonder everyone is complaining, one movie today was a 2004 movie what a joke.

2004??? OMG!!!!

Please dont ever turn you STB onto TCM... I'm afriad you'd have a heart-attack...

Coz yeah... i dont recall Action/Drama/Comedy/FMC/Starpics ever showing movies from pre-2010... ever...

Now, where is my recording of Die Hard off Showtime Action....??

2004??? OMG!!!!

Please dont ever turn you STB onto TCM... I'm afriad you'd have a heart-attack...

Coz yeah... i dont recall Action/Drama/Comedy/FMC/Starpics ever showing movies from pre-2010... ever...

Now, where is my recording of Die Hard off Showtime Action....??

I think you will find he was talking about the premiere channel. And a 9 year old movie on premiere is just woefull

Showtime has shown plenty of older movies over the years. I don't see why this would suddenly change, despite the name change. I also fail to see why anyone would imagine that a channel would be stuffed full of brand new or near new movies either. The same mix of older and newer will continue in the manner in which it did before.

Can't help feel that useful information in here keeps getting pushed aside due to overreactions from both sides..

From what I've gathered, once all the studios sign up, it won't be as big an issue as what it is now, & that for the time being, Foxtel should've done the right thing & reduced the cost of the movie package, whilst their product lineup is in its depleted state.

HD for all movies sounds good though, but will they be 5.1 (& were they previously)?

Showtime has shown plenty of older movies over the years. I don't see why this would suddenly change, despite the name change. I also fail to see why anyone would imagine that a channel would be stuffed full of brand new or near new movies either. The same mix of older and newer will continue in the manner in which it did before.

Well the idea is previously we had 2 channels that showed the latest hits / new movies. Now with only 1 channel, you would assume it should be so jam packed full of new movies that they cant show 9yr old movies...If they can then what was the whole point of "streamlining" the channels to "make it easier" for everyone to pick a channel / genre they wanted. I am sorry a 9yr old movie is not a "Premiere" as the channel is called......

I mainly watched movie one & hardly ever any showtime movies. Last night was so bad I resorted to watching the shinning on Go! So yeah I don't mind old movies but I expect one channel to be movies in the last 2 years. I moved addresses & cancelled my telstra subscription & arranged for a new connection with foxtel which was only installed on the 21/12 . The same package is now being sold for $20 less.

Well the idea is previously we had 2 channels that showed the latest hits / new movies. Now with only 1 channel, you would assume it should be so jam packed full of new movies that they cant show 9yr old movies...If they can then what was the whole point of "streamlining" the channels to "make it easier" for everyone to pick a channel / genre they wanted. I am sorry a 9yr old movie is not a "Premiere" as the channel is called......

Neither Showtime nor Movie One showed only 'the latest hits / new movies'.

Neither Showtime nor Movie One showed only 'the latest hits / new movies'.

Sorry my experience with both channels was always new movies, NEVER did i encounter a movie that was anywhere near 9 years old. Ever. And i watched them both every day.