Confirmation Of New Foxtel Movies And What Your Not Getting!

Sorry my experience with both channels was always new movies, NEVER did i encounter a movie that was anywhere near 9 years old. Ever. And i watched them both every day.

I thought they showed new movies on Sunday night at 8:30 pm because Showtime use to tell us in advance a few weeks ahead before the movie!

cheers laurie

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry my experience with both channels was always new movies, NEVER did i encounter a movie that was anywhere near 9 years old. Ever. And i watched them both every day.

Just because you never saw an older movie does not mean older movies were not shown on them. What you believe is up to you and I won't bother spending time trying to convince you.

Edited by DrP

Just because you never saw an older movie does not mean older movies were not shown on them. What you believe is up to you and I won't bother spending time trying to convince you.

Actually if for several years i never once saw an old movie and within days of the change i did...then it proves to me that something has been changed for the worse. a 9 year old movie on a "premiere" channel???? whatever mate.

No, all it means is you noticed it. Showtime Premiere (yes, that's what it was called) showed plenty of older movies. Like it, lump it, but that's how it was.

Sorry i dont buy that at all. I go through the TV guide every day highlighting what i want recorded on my IQ ever since i first got IQ and then IQHD. You are telling me that for all those years i never once came across an old movie like that? not once? since IQ has been out? Before IQ, i used to go through the tv guide but not as diligently so possible i may have missed movies then. But since IQ, every single day i go through it highlighting movies / recording movies...Except for when i am on holidays of course.

No, all it means is you noticed it. Showtime Premiere (yes, that's what it was called) showed plenty of older movies. Like it, lump it, but that's how it was.

Showtime wasnt the only culprit... Movie One used to it as well

Not sure why people find this so hard to believe, but then its human nature only to notice things like this when you have a reason to, which for most people is now

Sorry i dont buy that at all. I go through the TV guide every day highlighting what i want recorded on my IQ ever since i first got IQ and then IQHD. You are telling me that for all those years i never once came across an old movie like that? not once? since IQ has been out? Before IQ, i used to go through the tv guide but not as diligently so possible i may have missed movies then. But since IQ, every single day i go through it highlighting movies / recording movies...Except for when i am on holidays of course.

There has always been a mix of old and new, I have Shirley Valentine on my HDD, recorded from Showtime Drama in April 2011, it's a 1989 movie, another one that comes around frequently, is Come Any Sunday. I don't think anything has changed.

There has always been a mix of old and new, I have Shirley Valentine on my HDD, recorded from Showtime Drama in April 2011, it's a 1989 movie, another one that comes around frequently, is Come Any Sunday. I don't think anything has changed.

Guys no-one is talking about the other showtime channels. I am talking about the main showtime channel which became the main premiere channel along with movie one. Not the other showtime channels......

Showtime wasnt the only culprit... Movie One used to it as well

Not sure why people find this so hard to believe, but then its human nature only to notice things like this when you have a reason to, which for most people is now

I know what you mean, except i actually used to go through the info bar on each movie for the channels and part of that was the date as well. The oldest i ever came across on showtime or movie one was about 4 years old. Any older was usually found on the other movie channels.

From what I've gathered, once all the studios sign up, it won't be as big an issue as what it is now, & that for the time being, Foxtel should've done the right thing & reduced the cost of the movie package, whilst their product lineup is in its depleted state.

When the studios sign up, we may not have anything to **** about. However, when is that.....next month......July........November.....next year?

The quality of the movies package is noticeably poorer right now and it is a crock that we pay the same price while waiting for the other studios to jump on board.

I cant accept it.

I know what you mean, except i actually used to go through the info bar on each movie for the channels and part of that was the date as well. The oldest i ever came across on showtime or movie one was about 4 years old. Any older was usually found on the other movie channels.

You never noticed when Showtime Premiere showed all the Indiana Jones movies before they premiered the latest one.. or when they showed the other Die Hard films before premiering Die Hard 4.0

I know these are relatively oldish examples (two years ago) but they happened

You never noticed when Showtime Premiere showed all the Indiana Jones movies before they premiered the latest one.. or when they showed the other Die Hard films before premiering Die Hard 4.0

I know these are relatively oldish examples (two years ago) but they happened

I remember seeing all the indiana jones movies 2 years ago on movie greats. The old die hards i have only ever seen on Showtime Action.

Ok people stop arguing or im turning this car around and going home and there will be no ice cream for anyone! :-)

Seriously though, there is an issue with the new movie channels. The age had a poll here in melbourne on whether you were happy about the change. Of the 13000 who voted, some 11500 said no, thats many more than agree with my OP on this thread. Their facebook and twitter accounts got hammered and Foxtel got so many calls that they have now had to address the issue via the media.

Clearly there is a problem. No amount of denying it on here will change that.

Ill use this analogy again. If Coke has a problem with its suppliers and it meant that for a few months all 2lt bottles of coke would be sold half full, and over the next few months the bottles would slowly be filled to the top again, but continued to charge full price for the product in the mean time, would you still buy it??? OF COURSE NOT! Only a moron would. This is the same thing. Only for some reason there are people who are happy about it or cant see it as an issue.

This happens all the time in the grocery world, its a price rise by stealth. Product A is sold for $3 and weighs 400gm. They cant raise the price because they know most people would not pay more than $3 for it. So they simply reduce the weight to 350gm. This saves them the same money they would have made by a price rise, but YOU end up with less and still have to pay $3 for it!!! This is exactly what foxtel has done.

Edited by troykm

I remember seeing all the indiana jones movies 2 years ago on movie greats. The old die hards i have only ever seen on Showtime Action.

Except that all the Indiana Jones movies are Paramount movies, all broadcast back to back on Showtime Premiere, who (used to) part own the Showtime Australia networks via the Premium Movie Partnership... They were never shown on Movie Greats as they dont have the rights to Paramount films

Do you still want to play this game?

As for Die Hard (my favourite movie series of all time) - its been shown on countless networks on its pay-TV life - heck even back in the mid-90's it was shown on saturday nights on Fox 8 (when they used to run movies and sports) - so yes you did see it on Showtime Action, but you would have also seen the first two on Encore, Showtime Greats and Showtime Premiere and you would have seen the third on Movie One (Movie Network), Movie Greats, Movie Extra (and after Roadshows rights on the film expired and 20th Century Fox rightfully - as they should have had it in the first place if not for an arrangement Roadshow had directly with Cingeri films - gained control of the film in Australia) Showtime Action and Showtime Premiere

Edited by DansDans

Except that all the Indiana Jones movies are Paramount movies, all broadcast back to back on Showtime Premiere, who (used to) part own the Showtime Australia networks via the Premium Movie Partnership... They were never shown on Movie Greats as they dont have the rights to Paramount films

Do you still want to play this game?

As for Die Hard (my favourite movie series of all time) - its been shown on countless networks on its pay-TV life - heck even back in the mid-90's it was shown on saturday nights on Fox 8 (when they used to run movies and sports) - so yes you did see it on Showtime Action, but you would have also seen the first two on Encore, Showtime Greats and Showtime Premiere and you would have seen the third on Movie One (Movie Network), Movie Greats, Movie Extra (and after Roadshows rights on the film expired and 20th Century Fox rightfully - as they should have had it in the first place if not for an arrangement Roadshow had directly with Cingeri films - gained control of the film in Australia) Showtime Action and Showtime Premiere

Mate just saying what i have experienced but judging by your tone you are either a troll or a dick.

Indiana jones WAS SHOWN ON Movie Greats. At the time people were commenting about why that was the case when it should be on the showtime channels BUT THAT is what happened. So deal with it.

The reason why the Indiana Jones films were shown on Movie Network, was the 4th film, Crystal Skull, was screened on Movie One(I have a feeling the other films might of also been shown on Movie One rather than Great, before the premier of CS). Not sure why a paramount film(normally it would of shown on Showtime, and doesn't matter anymore), perhaps Movie One paid more for the rights for that film, and got the other 3 also part of some package.

The reason why the Indiana Jones films were shown on Movie Network, was the 4th film, Crystal Skull, was screened on Movie One(I have a feeling the other films might of also been shown on Movie One rather than Great, before the premier of CS). Not sure why a paramount film(normally it would of shown on Showtime, and doesn't matter anymore), perhaps Movie One paid more for the rights for that film, and got the other 3 also part of some package.

I remember seeing them on Movie Greats but maybe they were shown on both? The reason why i remember movie greats was I remember thinking its a shame they arent in HD as i know they got remastered and released in HD but i didnt get to watch them in HD.

I remember seeing them on Movie Greats but maybe they were shown on both? The reason why i remember movie greats was I remember thinking its a shame they arent in HD as i know they got remastered and released in HD but i didnt get to watch them in HD.

Crystall Skulls was on Movie One, I reckon the other films might of been on Movie One, as a Big thing. I think they might of shown them over 4 days also, with Crystal Skulls premiering on the sunday night on Movie One.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XTtLTNi8M5AJ:mnc.tv/title/indiana-jones-kingdom-crystal-skull+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

Crystall Skulls was on Movie One, I reckon the other films might of been on Movie One, as a Big thing. I think they might of shown them over 4 days also, with Crystal Skulls premiering on the sunday night on Movie One.

http://webcache.goog...n&ct=clnk&gl=au

Whoops.. my bad - my apologies for being both a "troll" and a "dick"

Underlying that fact is that now older movies have both been shown on Showtime Premiere and Movie One - so they both did it, and shouldnt be a surprise that the new Foxtel Movies is doing it as well

If anything, you've both proved my point even more - older movies HAVE screened on the "premiere" movies channels in the past and will most likely continue to do so (until atleast all the movie providers are on board)

Nope, I have only ever seen them on non premiere channels. I never said i have seen them on the premiere channels. You said it and you said indiana jones was broadcast on showtime which was wrong.

Btw http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1373682

Other people who watched indiana jones on movie greats.

There's so much 'confusion' flying around this thread that it's approaching the level at which a phosphate mine can be set up. The Indiana Jones movies have shown as a marathon on the 'premiere' channels and also as a marathon / individually on the other channels. This constant arguing that the so called 'premiere' channels never ever ever ever showed an older movie is tiresome.

Edited by DrP

No, he's not a troll or a dick, just a Foxtel employee.

If I worked for Foxtel at least that would mean I have a job - unlike yourself obviously

And gee, considering where I am sitting right now, I thought Foxtel would be a lot more glamourous than this... just saying

Edited by DansDans

If I worked for Foxtel at least that would mean I have a job - unlike yourself obviously

And gee, considering where I am sitting right now, I thought Foxtel would be a lot more glamourous than this... just saying

LOL. I'm actually a highly paid professional, which is why I have the time to stir you. (****, hope this doesn't make me a troll). My staff are doing all of the work for me.

J.

Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark, Temple of Doom, Last Crusade were shown on star pix a few years back. They were shown in Native HD as well. First time i had seen them in HD :

This was before they were released on Blu ray.

Edited by Junkyard

just rang up foxtel, told them they should not have been still selling the movie packages knowing they would not be available. Foxtel terms & conditions state they can take any amount of channels from the package & not offer any refunds.

They also claim they have added heaps of channels to the platform without charging. I told them although I knew the movie network channels were going but didn't expect to be left with crap that they have been showing in the 7 days.

Looks like they will not refund me for channel 401 & 406 that's in both packages.