Confirmation Of New Foxtel Movies And What Your Not Getting!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just moved house & started a new subscription direct with foxtel install date 21 dec. Movie lovers package which includes showtime movies & movie network channels. Since movie network channels will be deleted in 2 days. I see on the new movie channels list I have 2 channels that are included in both packages. So I should get a refund.

Just cancelled the movie packages, currently paid up until 17th of January, after that movies gone from my foxtel package, not happy about the new foxtel movies and the missing of the various studios(namely the movie network ones which won't be around at 4am tomorrow).

Will consider re subscribing if and when all of them are on board(roadshow, warner, disney, mgm etc). I don't believe the current foxtel movies lineup as of 1st of Jan, is value for money,the foxtel rep who I spoke to kept on pushing the "more HD channels" bit with me, so what, maybe more HD movies, but lesser product. Gone from 2 Premier sunday night films, to 1.

Edited by spaceghost

I am not going to complain about Foxtel movies as I have enjoyed them from the get go. But I am going to cancel the two packages as I suddenly realised that for the past few months I have not watched one single movie on Foxtel.

My movie gratification now comes through blu-ray and other sources.

I am not going to complain about Foxtel movies as I have enjoyed them from the get go. But I am going to cancel the two packages as I suddenly realised that for the past few months I have not watched one single movie on Foxtel.

My movie gratification now comes through blu-ray and other sources.

Just turned on the telly and see that there are now 9 HD movie channels. I guess this means that Foxtel have now moved to 8 HD channels per transponder. Can anybody confirm this please.

Just turned on the telly and see that there are now 9 HD movie channels. I guess this means that Foxtel have now moved to 8 HD channels per transponder. Can anybody confirm this please.

Apologies - looks like its 8 HD movie channels - still interested in knowing whether this is acheived by using the current 4 HD transponders

and their IS NO CHANNEL WATERMARKING APART FROM WORLD MOVIES AND TCM FANTASTIC

And why should there be watermarks anyway?

I would never watch a movie with a bloody great blob on the sceen all the time (have already bid a fond farewell to World Movies).

I know watermarks don't worry some people, but they distract me and can ruin a program for me.

If you want to see the full effect of the reduction in the number of the stations, you just need to look at the planner for movies.

Box Office used to be well down the bottom of page 2, now it's near the top.

I'm not happy - a price reduction for the reduced service may have helped.

Ha Ha.

How is this even close to a negative change?

Even though I don't have pay tv, I can tell just from reading this thread that the negativity is all based around the loss of movie network movie studios, e.g. Disney, Warner and Roadshow.

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but excluding timeshifts, don't we only lose one channel, but in exchange, we get all channels HD (and presumably 5.1 audio), and no requirement to carry 2 movie packages if you want all premiere movies?

How is this even close to a negative change?

None of the Movie Network studios(warner brothers, roadshow, disney, etc) moved across to the new foxtel movies start up, only the showtime ones. This is why the foxtel facebook page is in meltdown at moment, also anger on twitter.

You will not see one less movie on foxtel than you did before. I love the new changes to the movie package. Foxtel will sign a deal with all the companies because they want their movies out on the screen being shown. They need foxtel as much as foxtel needs them. Isn't it great that we have more HD channels and that we have the themed channels that people used to whinge about foxtel not having. And I repeat most of these complaining people have had foxtel since its inception and have no intention of ever dropping their services....... Unbelievable get a life. Can the people who modify this forum please assist in returning this forum to fantastic, informative forum it used to be. Complaining is not being informative.

Well im glad that despite timy's consistent denial, there is clearly a real issue here and im certainly not the only one who is angry about it.

By the way timy, i did disconnect my service over this, but your right most wont. Because there just is no other pay tv option. Seriously mate your the only one with an issue over this thread so perhaps you should stop reading it. Although the one thing i had not considered yet it you work for Foxtel!

And by the way timy, the reason foxtel have shifted to Genre based movie channels is to force full uptake of the movie package. Most customers had either Showtime or Movie network but not both. But even with having just one of those you got movies that covered all those genres. Now you have no choice but to get the full package to get the same choice as before, and yet its still not the same choice as before because there are less movies on at any one time, less content and you pay the same for it. If you or others are happy with that (seriously how could you be?) then you are just dumb.

Edited by troykm

What crap space ghost Warner bros and Roadshow are part of the line up.

Not currently on the foxtel movie channels, yes I know both signed deals with foxtel late last year, however feb or march is when we might start to see stuff from those 2, thereforth, there is the reason, or some of reason for pissed off foxtel customers venting anger on social media at present.

When I had Austar the only reason I had a movie package at all was so I could get access to Showcase. The rest of the movie packages, IMO, weren't worth the space they took to transmit. $15 goes quite a way at the video shop or online rental service.

Foxtel really doesn't care how much people whinge about the price and / or lineup. All that matters is the bottom line. If that meets expectations, don't expect a lot of positive changes to happen.

Each to his own though. If people find value in the movie channels that's their prerogative.

well for people who had both movie packages we are loosing 2 channels as 2 are in both packages. Take a look at whats available no wonder everyone is complaining, one movie today was a 2004 movie what a joke.

Well im glad that despite timy's consistent denial, there is clearly a real issue here and im certainly not the only one who is angry about it.

By the way timy, i did disconnect my service over this, but your right most wont. Because there just is no other pay tv option. Seriously mate your the only one with an issue over this thread so perhaps you should stop reading it. Although the one thing i had not considered yet it you work for Foxtel!

All good points.

Regardless of how Foxtel spin it, less for the same price is just another way of putting prices up.