Jvc X35/x55/x75/x95 Owners Thread

If it does that with no video cables connected its definitely faulty. I fix will cost you so I would just live with it.

Turn the projector off via the remote or power button on the back and after the cooling cycle finishes disconnect the power with a remote switch of your choice. Its not a big inconvenience and turning back on will be quick and easy. You will save power as well. ?

15 hours ago, Noctis said:

Yes, standby with red light on. I can't turn it back on with either remote or power button at the back. I have to unplug the cable and wait until the light goes off and plug it back again. If I plug it back earlier it also can't turned back on.

could be just surging under power down or something that is tripping it. that needs a hard boot. ie complete power down power up. the projector is some years old now and who knows could be power spiking or something to trip overload or something. if doing every time lily very easily demonstrable to tech so they can fix. probably an easy fix. some all component aged or needs new power supply. probably nothing will know unless someone qualified as tech takes a look at it. 

if in melb i believe jls are service agents or there are likely others. i'd either pop in for the fix or use work around your choice :) 

9 hours ago, betty boop said:

could be just surging under power down or something that is tripping it. that needs a hard boot. ie complete power down power up. the projector is some years old now and who knows could be power spiking or something to trip overload or something. if doing every time lily very easily demonstrable to tech so they can fix. probably an easy fix. some all component aged or needs new power supply. probably nothing will know unless someone qualified as tech takes a look at it. 

if in melb i believe jls are service agents or there are likely others. i'd either pop in for the fix or use work around your choice :) 

Thanks guy. Figured it out. It's the HDMI Control. It was turned On, .i.e. the receiver will control it. Turn it off solves the problem.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Owen said:

So the problem disappeared when the video cables where disconnected. ?

Probably yes, I did not disconnect the cable to try that.

Also, I noticed the image seems a bit soft, I already boosted the sharpener setting to 35 but it still soft. Focus is on point as well. I remember when I was having a BenQ with DLP tech, the image was very sharp.

9 hours ago, Noctis said:

Probably yes, I did not disconnect the cable to try that.

Also, I noticed the image seems a bit soft, I already boosted the sharpener setting to 35 but it still soft. Focus is on point as well. I remember when I was having a BenQ with DLP tech, the image was very sharp.

Turn the e-shift off if it's soft to your eyes. You wont notice if it's on or off. The benq would have sharpness at half out of the box from memory, so turn the JVC up to 50 of 100 and see how you go. Also check if the convergence has been adjusted, is it 2nd hand?

3 hours ago, oztheatre said:

Turn the e-shift off if it's soft to your eyes. You wont notice if it's on or off. The benq would have sharpness at half out of the box from memory, so turn the JVC up to 50 of 100 and see how you go. Also check if the convergence has been adjusted, is it 2nd hand?

It's second hand. I have not reset to factory default. Maybe I should do that. By convergence, you meant the panel alignment option? I checked and they all set to 3 (in the middle). Looks like default setting to me. Also it's a FullHD mode hence I don't think I have eShift option.

Edited by Noctis

When you say the image is "soft", are you talking about the appearance of pixels up close, of the overall appearance of movies from a normal distance?

The X35 is not an E-Shift model so don't worry about that.

13 hours ago, Owen said:

When you say the image is "soft", are you talking about the appearance of pixels up close, of the overall appearance of movies from a normal distance?

I think it's the overall image at watching distance. When I'm looking up close (checking focus) I can see clearly pixel by pixel.

14 hours ago, Owen said:

Oh yeah you're right, that was the last 1080p model?

It should look spectacular either way. not soft.

• 1 month later...

I have multiple aspect ratios saved in my X35 which is making great use of my scope screen. However, I have noticed that the memorised position drifts. That is, I will set it perfectly, save it, use it a bunch of times without issue then one day find it has shifted and I have a gap to the edge of my screen. This gap can be any side.

Is this common? Do I just have to live with this or is there a solution?

I was definitely at max zoom with my last set up, but not with the one prior to that.

I enquired here about the issue at the time but received no responses. I learnt to live with it. I'm happy to say that it is not an issue that dogs my x7900.

On 07/08/2019 at 1:24 PM, Krumlov said:

I have multiple aspect ratios saved in my X35 which is making great use of my scope screen. However, I have noticed that the memorised position drifts. That is, I will set it perfectly, save it, use it a bunch of times without issue then one day find it has shifted and I have a gap to the edge of my screen. This gap can be any side.

Is this common? Do I just have to live with this or is there a solution?

Shouldn't be common, the epson and jvc's do that best. the sony doesn't have the processing power to get back to saved position.. so a bit odd you're experiencing this?

23 hours ago, cashflag said:

I was definitely at max zoom with my last set up, but not with the one prior to that.

I enquired here about the issue at the time but received no responses. I learnt to live with it. I'm happy to say that it is not an issue that dogs my x7900.

Hmmm... Might have to put up with it then. Something might be slipping when it hits max zoom sometimes.?