Epson Tw 6100, 6100W, 8100, 9100, 9100W Owners Thread

Update to my post above: the repair didn't fix the problem afterall. The dimming/flickering reappeared soon after. Back to Electron Flow. This time the power supply has been replaced. Only watched it for a few hours but so far so good.

The "MAB" that was replaced last time was the motherboard. (Maybe MAB was a typo for M/B.) Seems the new optical engine they put in last time has worse focus uniformity than the original, which is annoying given it's likely nothing was ever wrong with the original. Doesn't seem possible to get both the top/center and bottom in sharp focus.

• 1 year later...

Had a closer look at the lens to see if i could spot anything but no luck. I did notice that when i held my remote in front of the lens the bright spots have a green tinge to them. So im thinking the problem lies with one of the LCD's in it.

Does anyone know if the LCD's have separate colours eg red for one green for the next etc?

Edited by deathsbreeze

2 hours ago, deathsbreeze said:

Had a closer look at the lens to see if i could spot anything but no luck. I did notice that when i held my remote in front of the lens the bright spots have a green tinge to them. So im thinking the problem lies with one of the LCD's in it.

Does anyone know if the LCD's have separate colours eg red for one green for the next etc?

There will be red, green and blue. As mentioned elsewhere, sounds like a dust blob.

Went to remove my projector but cant find the bloody tamper-proof allen-key for the ceiling mount. Will go buy a set tomorrow. While i was up there i took a picture of a blank screen on white paper. The large blob may be dust, but the lower one has a pattern in it. There is also a second pattern spot near top left of large blob but its focus point is further away.

I have a compressor with adjustable pressure to give it a blowjob tomorrow..........:rolleyes:

IMG_20161202_164802 (Small).jpg

• 1 year later...

Wow didnt realise its been so long since i was on here. Any way, i pulled the projector apart and cleaned it out. Think it was dust as its almost all gone now.

Now i have another problem, i get a vertical green line showing up on the left side of the screen (top to bottom, about 15mm wide 30cm in on a 125" screen). It comes and goes, will get a pic next time i see it.Any ideas?

• 4 years later...

Bit of a dead thread these days?

9100 has been kicking along, slowly getting more green lines (1 has turned red a few times) but we just ignore them.

Have replaced a few globes (even had a non-genuine explode after 2000h).

Just had a genuine globe die Xmas day and only 15 months old.

So I had a look on here and AVS browsing projector chat. A good amount of chat about the TW-9400.

Had a browse at prices and saw most were $4500+.

Then stumbled on one for under 4k. . .

Nuff said!

• Like 1