Foxtel Go - What Will Be The 21 Channels?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the A N D R O I D APP Foxtel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers laurie

June 3...but only on Samsung devices due to an exclusivity deal with them that runs until October 31.

http://www.techguide.com.au/menu-news-by-categories/televisions/1768-foxtel-go-app-comes-to-android-but-only-on-samsung-devices

Also good to see that there'll be standalone Foxtel Go plans as well.

• 3 weeks later...

lol almost wet my pants when I read "Working hard" what Fuxtel, cannot work out how to stop HDMI output to display with Android? or maybe Apple is trying to hold it back a few more months!!

cheers laurie

"In response to overwhelming complaints from existing customers regarding the non-appearance of the Android 'FoxtelGo' app on the promised date of 3 June, 2013, Foxtel have announced the immediate suspension of its 'Go' service until such times as an app is available for Android devices.

Speaking from a media release, a Foxtel representative today stated, "We understand the frustrations of subscribers with Android devices who, quite rightly, feel they are not receiving the same value for their subscription fees as customers with Apple devices; as a consequence we have suspended the FoxtelGo service until we can provide exactly the same service, without fear or favour, to all our valued customers and not just the w@nkers with Apple devices".

Yeah, right!!!!!!

Edited by Harlequin

as a consequence we have suspended the Foxtel Go service until we can provide exactly the same service, without fear or favour, to all our valued customers

Yeah, right!!!!!!

Ah this gives us the opportunity to fix our Go servers which have been running to the limit which causes the app to buffer most of the time :no:

cheers laurie

• 3 months later...

Can't get FoxFooty on PC GO App........the broadcast rights limitations finally kick in?

Seems crazy that you can watch it on mobile devices, yet can't on PC.....

Yeah, a lot of sport is blocked out on a PC. With a PC it's very easy to connect it to a TV and view it that way. With iPads and Android devices it's harder to do this.

Foxtel Go is useless. I'm overseas for 3 weeks and thought I could watch channels like SkyNews, Foxsports for the footy finals, SkyBusiness etc. The election was on while we were away and it would have been nice to watch the results. Sure I can sort of understand not allowing Showtime, Movies and other first run international programs, due to local agreements for them. But SkyNews Australia, FFS what's the problem with that! It's not like they are available locally and someone would be missing out on revenue. Even if they were, I'm hardly likely to buy a local subscription. In Paris SkyNews Australia would be dubbed French anyway.

It's just plain dumb restricting non international content that is only of interest to Australians and I'll email them harshly when I get home. Bound to make them wake up to the stupidity of it............who am I kidding!

Cheers

Gary