Bathurst In Hd

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that last year 7 did show it in HD but the replay on Speed wasn't but it had the 7 watermark. Did the replay on Speed have the 7 watermark this year?

And after the ACCC scolded Foxtel for lying about all games being in HD on Fox Footy maybe they are only advertising stuff as being in HD if it is actually HD

Interesting that last year 7 did show it in HD but the replay on Speed wasn't but it had the 7 watermark. Did the replay on Speed have the 7 watermark this year?

And after the ACCC scolded Foxtel for lying about all games being in HD on Fox Footy maybe they are only advertising stuff as being in HD if it is actually HD

Yes, it had the SPEED and 7 Sport logos. It will be interesting to see whether the Gold Coast 600 is HD, they made a big thing of it last year. It REALLY pisses me off, that my friends in the US saw it live Bathurst I mean) on SPEED in the US in HD and the picture quality on 7 was simply appalling. Edited by miata

I just don't understand why they can't offer both sd/hd

I am not 100% sure, however I believe that they don't want to split up their ratings, as each HD station is a separate channel from the main .

EG

Say Nine showed the NRL grand final on Gem & Nine simultaneously, there would be a ratings decline for the main channel as the viewer numbers would be fragmented by Gem.

it is all about ratings numbers - unfortunately these numbers are separated.

There is no other logical reason.

The in-car cameras aren't HD

Which I find a little odd in this day and age...given that full HD go-pro style cameras retail at only a couple of hundred bucks a throw...

The rest of the footage looked superb though from all the other camera positions. Which just rubs salt in to the wound even more!

It really does give you the right royal s***s - Bathurst, along with the AFL and NRL grand finals is one of the iconic Australian sporting events...yet the live broadcast to the home audience is in below average SD, whilst those overseas can watch them in native HD (with the exception of this years AFL GF). The FTA broadcasters have the capability to simulcast these events in HD, yet choose not to. Nothing to do with legislation, they choose not to.

it is all about ratings numbers - unfortunately these numbers are separated.

I agree with this as the most logical explanation - but to me it's a crap excuse rather than a valid reason. Ratings data is such now, that they could easily produce a total combined figure for a given number of people watching a specific event from a specific network.

It's an absolute joke. Any wonder I don't bother with FTA anymore...

D.

Edited by hidefdave

In cases where the same program is shown on the SD and HD channel, the numbers are aggregated and just shown against the main SD channel. Examples are Bathurst last year and the Olympics.

The exception was when Ten had the same program on Ten and ONE it would specifically request that the ratings be given to the appropriate channel because they were trying to build the profile of the newly established ONE.

They would've had the usual complaints last year from same usual people whinging and asking why they are showing the 'car racing' on 2 channels at the same time. :no:

:wacko: Some people are just so think!!! :angry2:

Edited by shmb

Saw a bit of the replay on Monday and it was in native HD....how bad is FTA HD in Australia. No Footy Grand Finals or Bathurst in HD in 2012.

You can probably add the tennis to that,knowing 7 they"ll stuff up the aus open again.

Guys the majority of FTA viewers don't give a rats arse about HD and they know this to be the case as ch7 melbourne GM said "If viewers want a premium HD service they have Foxtel to goto"

a.k.a 'If viewers want a quality service, don't watch Channel 7'

Guys the majority of FTA viewers don't give a rats arse about HD and they know this to be the case as ch7 melbourne GM said "If viewers want a premium HD service they have Foxtel to goto"

cheers laurie

That's fine except we can't pay a premium to watch it Live in HD because those muppets win't give it to Fox Sports in HD

That's fine except we can't pay a premium to watch it Live in HD because those muppets win't give it to Fox Sports in HD

This will be tested again with the 2013 Australian Open lets wait and see if 7 gives Foxtel a HD feed :whistle:

cheers laurie