Hi All

Besides windeath, I am wonder who has a PSvita - and what price point I can expect to pay for one?

I was going to buy one at the start of the year, but ended up spending that cash on an iPad3 - however I am not sold on the current price of the PSvita - so I was hoping there were some second hand ones out there

What I want to know is - good price for a second hand one, and what you guys thing of it? I like the cross over games idea and notice the cheaper games on the PSN

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me gonna own a white one as soon as Sony get their A*** into gear

got my first game on preorder already :D

edit

i should point out i'm mainly getting it for a few PS1 titles and that currently there are no games worth having except maybe the new lego Batman

Edited by mcduck

oh dude you'll never guess. I'm trying to sell mine at the moment!!!!!!

Oh France!!! What are you doing?!? I thought you loved it... hold onto you, because you know as soon as you sell it you'll want to buy a new one a few months later.

me gonna own a white one as soon as Sony get their A*** into gear

got my first game on preorder already :D

edit

i should point out i'm mainly getting it for a few PS1 titles and that currently there are no games worth having except maybe the new lego Batman

How much do you want to pay for it McD?

I love the idea of using the Vita as a controller for the PS3 (and for that awesome portable Mortal Kombat game) and the games that have been announced to have cross-play I was going to buy, so it just seems like a no-brainer for me

Nahhhhhh I use the 3DS. I'll be doing a trade and a few dodgies with EB tomorrow and pick up the XL 3DS. The Vita is a nice hand held that's let down badly by absolutely abysmal games. The only thing remotely close to a stand out title was Gravity Rush. Too little too late.

Nahhhhhh I use the 3DS. I'll be doing a trade and a few dodgies with EB tomorrow and pick up the XL 3DS. The Vita is a nice hand held that's let down badly by absolutely abysmal games. The only thing remotely close to a stand out title was Gravity Rush. Too little too late.

haha.. and you're saying the 3DS actually has games worth playing?

Please.... you're an adult, not a kid!!

• 2 weeks later...

"No games worth having"?! "Abysmal games"?! I must respectfully disagree! I think my Vita's had more use already than the 3DS I've had for much longer - I love the thing! Yes, some of the games are crapulent, but the 3DS' library is hardly overflowing with winners either.

Without meaning to sound too pluggy, I've covered most Vita releases on my reviewish site Gamesblip, and you can narrow down to them by typing 'vita' in the search box (site link is in my sig if you're interested).

Edited by Flumpf.

And as I am entitled to my opinion you are to yours. I think the Vita is **** and failure. It has nothing that grabs you and says you must buy me. It's uncomfortable to hold, the battery life sucks, the UI is the worst on any handheld, the cost of the memory cards are a scam (nothing new there from Sony) and the games, the Vita specific games not the rehash and re re re releases of the golden oldies are crapulent (to coin a phrase).

I guess this is why having choice is so great, we can decide what we like and go with it. I like my 3DS XL because as Dans so eloquently puts it I prefer the kiddy games of the Nintendo handheld to that of the what ever the hell the Vita is trying to be.

"No games worth having"?! "Abysmal games"?! I must respectfully disagree! I think my Vita's had more use already than the 3DS I've had for much longer - I love the thing! Yes, some of the games are crapulent, but the 3DS' library is hardly overflowing with winners either.

Without meaning to sound too pluggy, I've covered most Vita releases on my reviewish site Gamesblip, and you can narrow down to them by typing 'vita' in the search box (site link is in my sig if you're interested).

Umm, did I say you weren't entitled to an opinion? I do believe I used the term "I must respectfully diagree". I really hate the internet sometimes.

Agreed re: the memory cards though.

And as I am entitled to my opinion you are to yours. I think the Vita is **** and failure. It has nothing that grabs you and says you must buy me. It's uncomfortable to hold, the battery life sucks, the UI is the worst on any handheld, the cost of the memory cards are a scam (nothing new there from Sony) and the games, the Vita specific games not the rehash and re re re releases of the golden oldies are crapulent (to coin a phrase).

I guess this is why having choice is so great, we can decide what we like and go with it. I like my 3DS XL because as Dans so eloquently puts it I prefer the kiddy games of the Nintendo handheld to that of the what ever the hell the Vita is trying to be.

It's only three colours DD! :D

Or one if you get anally-retentive and don't count black and white as colours. I've asked oodles of people and you are the only one who's had problems with the green. If I could find a bit of code to allow the choice of any colour for visitors I'd implement it, but I've found nothign that will just work without having to fiddle with every page.

Thanks for bookmarking though. :)

I have your site bookmarked and visit it every now and then... but it does hurt my eyes with the colours you've chosen!

I got one about 3 months ago and use it almost everyday. Good example is this post.

Lots of internet surfing conveniently anywhere in the house. Not the greatest browser, but hey it's sony so i didn't expect it to be and it works for my needs.

Although not many games atm, i think they are generally good, and uncharted was absolutely awesome.

I especially love that i can play my own music and the game audio at the same time.

Totally agree that the proprietary memory cards are a ripoff and this almost made me not buy one. Glad i did though.

I never used my ds as much as the vita even though i have had it years, but that is partly because of the versatility of the vita.

I think they will start to bundle the memory cards toward xmas so you may get a good deal if you wait.

Not owning a 3ds i cannot comment on whether i would use that as much, but agree that choice is great, so with lots of gadgets we can all get the right thing.

It's only three colours DD! :D

Or one if you get anally-retentive and don't count black and white as colours. I've asked oodles of people and you are the only one who's had problems with the green. If I could find a bit of code to allow the choice of any colour for visitors I'd implement it, but I've found nothign that will just work without having to fiddle with every page.

Thanks for bookmarking though. :)

Its the white text on the black background! I dont know why, but it feels like it burns my eyes - although now that I wear glasses to look at the computer screen, its better for me!

Also, I think I might "respectfully disagree" on your Pinball Arcade review! :P

Its the white text on the black background! I dont know why, but it feels like it burns my eyes - although now that I wear glasses to look at the computer screen, its better for me!

Also, I think I might "respectfully disagree" on your Pinball Arcade review! :P

Gamesblip looks heaps better in Firefox, due to how it handles fonts. But it can be monitor settings, all sorts of things. Hope the glasses work out - I'd be Ms Magoo without mine! :ike:

I think Zen Pinball is years ahead of what the Pinball Arcade people are doing for the PS3 (PinMAME, essentially). It would have rated heaps better (like Vita) if it had a simple lag adjustment, absolutely critical to a game requiring split second timing when most people have LED TVs nowadays (or plasma). As an example, Rock Band Blitz was almost unplayable before I adjusted it accordingly. I'm now regularly nabbing fairly high scores.

• 2 weeks later...

wow

JB

$299 for

Playstation Vita Little Big Planet Bundle (Wifi)

http://www.jbhifionl...dle-wifi/671894

edit

there's always a catch < <

Subject to supplier availability

edit

ooooh,

eb's beating them by $1

bet they saw this post :lol:

https://ebgames.com.au/vita-159297-Sony-PS-Vita-with-WiFi--LittleBigPlanet-Voucher--4GB-Vita-Memory-Card-PS-Vita

Edited by mcduck

wow

JB

$299 for

Playstation Vita Little Big Planet Bundle (Wifi)

http://www.jbhifionl...dle-wifi/671894

edit

there's always a catch < <

Subject to supplier availability

edit

ooooh,

eb's beating them by $1

bet they saw this post :lol:

https://ebgames.com....ry-Card-PS-Vita

Download voucher!!! Grrrr

I think this is false,.... its advertised as a LBP pack - include the friggin game as a hard copy atleast!

well aren't i a spoilt little duck :D

got sick of waiting for the white one so sent Hubby off thursday afternoon to buy me the LBP bundle from JB

then i ordered a big memory card from ozgame

yesterday i sent him off for some spartan grips for the vita from eb, they are amazing, and for $12 you can't go wrong

pretty sure my boy will visit this weekend and put it online for me and download my LBP and bonus bioshock and other code

then they can all look into an early Christmas present for me and download the 3 FF games i've wanted for years :P

this bundle is still in store, or was up to yesterday

i swapped fifa for the golf game and i got 2 bonus codes and a sackboy

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita/playstation-vita-wifi-little-big-planet-bundle-offer/674309

Edited by mcduck

• 3 weeks later...

First Post and Oldish thread, I know... but just to give my 2c on the PSvita.

I have had mine for a few months now, I got a pretty good deal at the time. I got Uncharted with it, all I have to say is this game is awesome, I travel on train a couple of hours a day and this made the journeys go quick, I ended up passing the game in all modes (though I havent collected all the artifacts and trophies). Even though I love this game, you can't keep playing the same thing over and over, so I went out and bought LBP, I was very supprised how fun this game was, yes its a kid style game, but 27 year old me loves it, it just plain and simply, fun, the co-op modes are very fun and the online levels that other people create are always interesting. I am just waiting to see what comes out next, hopefully a good RPG.

Yes, the GUI is pretty crappy, but this is just software and can be improved on in time. The screen is very sharp and movies look great on it.

If you travel a lot, it is a good companion.

First Post and Oldish thread, I know... but just to give my 2c on the PSvita.

I have had mine for a few months now, I got a pretty good deal at the time. I got Uncharted with it, all I have to say is this game is awesome, I travel on train a couple of hours a day and this made the journeys go quick, I ended up passing the game in all modes (though I havent collected all the artifacts and trophies). Even though I love this game, you can't keep playing the same thing over and over, so I went out and bought LBP, I was very supprised how fun this game was, yes its a kid style game, but 27 year old me loves it, it just plain and simply, fun, the co-op modes are very fun and the online levels that other people create are always interesting. I am just waiting to see what comes out next, hopefully a good RPG.

Yes, the GUI is pretty crappy, but this is just software and can be improved on in time. The screen is very sharp and movies look great on it.

If you travel a lot, it is a good companion.

Dude, im 31.. I love LBP

• 1 month later...

Windeath

Seems like you got rid of your Vita too soon!!!

Playstation Plus launches this month, and from the sounds of it if you are PS3 PSPlus member (which you and I are), then it automatically transfers across to your Vita as well - launching with 4 Instant Games

Its getting hard to avoid getting a Vita now if it will be supported by Plus

• 1 year later...