Sign in to follow this  
Highjinx

Darbee Darblet

Once you have used one Owen, I may take you seriously on the subject, until then you are speculating based on no experience with the product at all.

My comments about you expecting members to have ESP in regards to these posts still applies.

I have seen the photos of the Darbee in action and its clear to me what it does and I have used similar systems, that sort of effect works with any display provided its not cranked up too high.

Is it really necessary for me to tell people they may need to turn down or disable the sharpening in their display when they add an external device that does a similar job, it seems bloody obvious to me but if you think people need such a basic thing pointed out I'll try and remember to do so if the subject ever comes up again.

Since I apparently have no clue and you have used a Darbee, do you think it cannot be used with any display, if not why?

Been on an extended break from the forum, came back, read a few posts...

Now I know why I went on a break in the first place.

Nothing changes.

Blade

Haha ... but remember a forum brings all views from all comers. Sort of part of a democracy I guess. Not everyone has to agree all the time.

Any further on this device and the possibility of a Group Buy? Live in Mulgrave near the business mentioned earlier.

I've been keeping an eye to this thread and it sems to have stalled as regards how good or otherwise it just is!

I'm happy to invest in one for the sake of science as worked in TV for near 40 years and my lot was 'Pictures' right through from the ol' B&W Pye Image Orthicons to the latest generation Sony's.

I think i'd also be keen. Would prefer a demo first though. Also in Mulgrave here.

Edited by davep

Amazon has them for $319.

Wont ship to Australia.

Does it work on our power.

Deleted

Edited by Owen

Anyone tried it with a PS3 or Xbox game? If so, thoughts?

I purchased from AVS forum at the introductory price, ended up being $280 shipped. Pliers worked just fine for the AU plug "conversion".

Is it worth it? Yes, I think so. Depends on the source, the better the source the more effect you can add, and it does add a reality factor and makes the picture pop a little more and take on a more dimensional look. Overdo it an the picture starts to take on an artificial look (especially faces).

You can't get them locally - hence all the purchasing from other forum members, overseas, etc. I recently wrote to Darbee Vision Inc and asked if they had any plans to sell them in Australia, and he said "no", but wanted to know if I had any ideas on how to do that!

So if you want to set up an importing business and sell them, I'm sure you could get Darbee on board...

Tried the darbee last night.Must say im very impressed.Especially on good quality BLU RAY and MKV.

The water running scenes in Prometheus were a revelation.

With the DArbee on they look so more real then when its off.

Fantastic. I'm hoping mine should be arriving soon. Did you use the supplied power pack, or did you get an Australian one?

Just bent the prongs with pliers to our angles.Works a treat and costs nothing.

My only gripe is that it should have 2 inputs.

Need to look for a good hdmi switcher now.

power pack states 100-240 volts.So yeah used the supplied one.

Good to know. I have an adapter regarding the shape, so I don't need to bend the prongs, I guess I was just still a little nervous about the power supply considering the first one of these I had blew when I connected it up (although I think that was because I plugged in the HDMI cables with all my units on standby rather than off at the mains...)

anyone using it with epson tw9100? and impressed or not? thanks

anyone using it with epson tw9100? and impressed or not? thanks

Yes with the Epson 9000w and very Yes

Edited by MRCRIST

So what are these selling for now? And is Avs still the best place to buy them?

I got mine from smarthome.com - They have always been great. Was about $340 posted - I think the units was $319 at the time.

Im gonna be ordering this in a few days....any place in aus that sells them?.

Im gonna be ordering this in a few days....any place in aus that sells them?.

Nope!