Once you have used one Owen, I may take you seriously on the subject, until then you are speculating based on no experience with the product at all.

My comments about you expecting members to have ESP in regards to these posts still applies.

I have seen the photos of the Darbee in action and its clear to me what it does and I have used similar systems, that sort of effect works with any display provided its not cranked up too high.

Is it really necessary for me to tell people they may need to turn down or disable the sharpening in their display when they add an external device that does a similar job, it seems bloody obvious to me but if you think people need such a basic thing pointed out I'll try and remember to do so if the subject ever comes up again.

Since I apparently have no clue and you have used a Darbee, do you think it cannot be used with any display, if not why?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Any further on this device and the possibility of a Group Buy? Live in Mulgrave near the business mentioned earlier.

I've been keeping an eye to this thread and it sems to have stalled as regards how good or otherwise it just is!

I'm happy to invest in one for the sake of science as worked in TV for near 40 years and my lot was 'Pictures' right through from the ol' B&W Pye Image Orthicons to the latest generation Sony's.

I purchased from AVS forum at the introductory price, ended up being $280 shipped. Pliers worked just fine for the AU plug "conversion".

Is it worth it? Yes, I think so. Depends on the source, the better the source the more effect you can add, and it does add a reality factor and makes the picture pop a little more and take on a more dimensional look. Overdo it an the picture starts to take on an artificial look (especially faces).

• 4 weeks later...

You can't get them locally - hence all the purchasing from other forum members, overseas, etc. I recently wrote to Darbee Vision Inc and asked if they had any plans to sell them in Australia, and he said "no", but wanted to know if I had any ideas on how to do that!

So if you want to set up an importing business and sell them, I'm sure you could get Darbee on board...

Good to know. I have an adapter regarding the shape, so I don't need to bend the prongs, I guess I was just still a little nervous about the power supply considering the first one of these I had blew when I connected it up (although I think that was because I plugged in the HDMI cables with all my units on standby rather than off at the mains...)

• 4 weeks later...