Received my Darblet the sarvo from AVS in the states, Just to try it out I have it connected to my VT plasma,

Only tested it with foxtel (IQ2-HD box) thus far but Seems pretty impressive..I will take it into the theatre tonight for A closer look..

Video chain Config is IQ2 HD native 444 into Radiance set to output RGB into Darblet, to plasma...

BTW It definitely cleaned up the crapy Foxtel SD channels considerably with 50-55 setting, but obviosly you can only polish A T**D so much

Cheers..

Edited by cinema mad

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff cinema mad ;try component 4.4:4; from the radiance to see if the colour space issue causes problems :question: It seems like its only a problem for a small % of owners thankfully..

This Site whent down for A few hours Right when I went to post A Reply :hmm: ....

CWT, The Colour space bug is% there, When switching from anything other than RGB with my above Video Chain So I think its safe

to assume that the YcBcR Bug would be more apparent on A projection Screen while changing between Color space's...

I will report back once I install the Darblet in the theatre & put it through its paces, Id also like to take A

look with DVE,S&M & do A Pre/Post Cal without/with Darblet in the chain to see if anything much changes..

From what Ive seen thus far Im liking it, & getting more Darblet-TIZED as I speak :) ..

At first glance it appears to bring out every last bit of detail from the source adding more depth to the image as

A whole,the back ground becomes more focused but at the same time little to no ringing is introduced on low to

moderate settings unlike conventional image sharpening....

While The little S-Mode Power supply is rated 110-250V it has the USA style plug so you will need A universal

power plug adapter...

http://compare.ebay....dPriceItemTypes

The remote is cheap'ish looking, like the little rectangular remotes you sometimes get with Video cameras

I doubt its something that would get much use as the Darbee will be pretty much Set & Forget for most...

OWEN, If you live around Melbourne/Geelong ? your more than welcome to check it out (the little toy) review for yourself if you

care to, as Im sure forum members would also be keen to note your assessment of A Darblet in your viewing

enviroment..

Cheers..

Edited by cinema mad

You can bet your bottom dollar, that if AVS weren't selling this product, there wouldn't be a single word allowed to be said about it on the forum. Also, I highly doubt that seeing as AVS ARE selling it, that you'll see any negative comments either... Maybe see what people have to say over at home theatre shack, or somewhere else that's not as blantantly biased as AVS is... Cheers, Chris

I`ve just ordered one myself Chris.

I`ve got it for a good price I think so I`m prepared to give it a try with my JVC HD950 and see if it restores a bit of detail and sharpness in the picture.

I`ll let you know what it`s like when I`ve tried it.

Dave

Chopsus,

I hooked up the Darblet into my theatre's Video chain Friday night

Threw in "One for the Money" Blu-Ray projected onto A 102" 2.35:1AR Stewarts fixed screen..

The Difference the Darbee made was immediately apparent...

HT Video Chain > Panasonic 3D player (YcBcR422> Radiance3D (RGB)> Darblet (RGB)> Projector ..

I have connected/tested the Darblet on Both the Lumagen Radiance3D & DVDOs flagship VPs

& can say with certanty that the color space needed to be changed to RGB on the external Vps, if not the picture is slightly softer..

I have an Assy REV "A" Darblet so it has the color space bug..

Darblet > under the hood:

The Darblet uses a reference design based upon the Altera Cyclone-IV FPGA

(field programmable gate arrays) Its the Latest edition from the Cyclone FPGA Family simlar to whats used in the Radiance series VPs (cyclone II)..

Cheers..

Edited by cinema mad

Yep it can cause issues with immage softness as I have found if not sent RGB, but theres another related issue as noted in the +$20K forum on AVS that I was aware of but haven't personally tested as yet..

But I have A strong suspicion that if the Color space bug was fixed (so YCBCR was handled/passed correctly) both the Luma & Chroma Zone Plate pattern issues would impove/disappear short of the dispay itself not being perfect, but they perform best when sent there native color space..

Cheers..

Yep Its clearly the main focus/Aim for DarbeeVision geting there Tech into OEM products,

& the Darblet is one way to get exposure, Much like Audyssey stratagy of releasing Standalone producs,

not long after OEM manufactures came knocking at there Door :D ...

Cheers...

Edited by cinema mad

The latest Widescreen Review gave the Darbee Darblet a very favourable review and said their testing showed a significant improvement in PQ.

Would certainly be interested in a GB.

Blade

Was thinking the exact same thing..

Was thinking the exact same thing..

+1 even if it was a relatively small difference as youde expect for such a reasonably priced device :)

Edited by cwt

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1341576206' post='1817179]

I dont know if the difference with and without the darbee in play can be captured on camera, but I'll take my DSLR along in anycase to the gtg :)

Excellent Al, would be good to show those that cannot attend.

+1 even if it was a relatively small difference as youde expect for such a reasonably priced device :)

Agree there should not be significant difference as the unit is 'priced to sell'. Was thinking postage cost savings also; but there is still the double posting costs so probably no real savings there either.

Yep it can cause issues with immage softness as I have found if not sent RGB, but theres another related issue as noted in the +$20K forum on AVS that I was aware of but haven't personally tested as yet..

But I have A strong suspicion that if the Color space bug was fixed (so YCBCR was handled/passed correctly) both the Luma & Chroma Zone Plate pattern issues would impove/disappear short of the dispay itself not being perfect, but they perform best when sent there native color space..

Cheers..

Are you making the trip with the unit or is it flying solo?

Would be good to catch up again and talk.

Hi bbar, The Darblet will 100% be there at the Gtg but flying solo unfortunately..

I would love to be there & catch up Bryan but with my damn health issues im unreliable

& I dont wanto let any one down who's interested in seeing A Darblet...

But never Know I may turn up :) !!!..

Jase..

Hi bbar, The Darblet will 100% be there at the Gtg but flying solo unfortunately..

I would love to be there & catch up Bryan but with my damn health issues im unreliable

& I dont wanto let any one down who's interested in seeing A Darblet...

But never Know I may turn up :) !!!..

Jase..

Will keep my fingers crossed as would be great to catch up.

Can do a Sorento run if that helps!

One thing I dont like about the Darblet is if the flick has film grain or noise the darblet enhances this making it more noticable

The Darblet doesn't appear to differentiate between Grain/noise & the active image detail no matter the setting...

Jase..