Sign in to follow this  
bigcon84

Iq3 Box

UPDATE - I called them and they were quite happy to send me the IR Remote...now Im wondering if I should programme that in into my Harmony, when it arrives...??

Hello, quick question for those who have had success swapping remotes:

On the old (BT) remote, did the light on the front panel flash immediately with pressing buttons?

CK.

Hello, quick question for those who have had success swapping remotes:

On the old (BT) remote, did the light on the front panel flash immediately with pressing buttons?

CK.

Over time a problem developed, for a number of buttons (red, yellow, green, blue, Library etc), where the light on the remote flashed but the light on the IQ3 didn't and no action resulted. Despite many pairing attempts they wouldn't come back. The IQ2 IR remote worked for those buttons, the light on the remote flashed and pretty much instantaneously the light on the IQ3 flashed, but there was noticeable delay until the requested action was processed. The delay was often so long that you pushed the button again, just in case you missed it the first time. Sometimes that would result in 2 responses, which is RRPITA when deleting. With the IQ3 IR remote the light on the remote flashes, the light on the IQ3 flashes and there is no delay, the requested action is processed instantaneously.

The truth is I was sceptical about the IQ3 IR remote solving any problems, very sceptical, but it did, most of them in fact. Even the boss doesn't complain much these days, about the IQ3 anyway. :flowers:

Cheers

Gary

oops......this is what happens when there is a delay and you push the button twice :hyper:

Cheers

Gary

Edited by GaryCook