Sign in to follow this  
bigcon84

Iq3 Box

What a joke. Demand refunds, people.

I'm still on the IQHD, & will stay on it.

We had the mystar hd before down grading to the IQ3 since the update the box is so unstable.If we get rid of the IQ3 would we get another mystar hd or an IQ2 ??.

Don't say the IQ3 is better than the mystar hd as they had problems but not like this box that in the last few days has had to be unplugged to reboot it and then still

have problems.Getting this and getting win 10 ( now back to win 7 ) are the worst mistakes I have made in a long time.

Edited by nutmeg1

Some issues seem to be better.

Its still unreliable though - I have a series record going and one episode was just missed, no failure message or anything it just isn't there. The series record is still there and older episodes are there, so presume there must have been some sort of failure. It also seems to struggle to record free-to-air channels reliably - almost all of these have failure notices on them, although some of the recordings work.

Also every 4-5 days it seems the box has a blue screen (no video, just audio) and needs a reboot. I thought this might be because updates are coming through regularly, but from the comments on the thread, sounds like there hasn't been an update for a while.

Edited by Ivanhoe

IQ3 is better with this firmware upgrade, but Foxtel, you have a long way to go and all you do is hide-your-head, IQ3 should never have been released with SOOO MANY BUGS to work out.

If it wasn't for getting FTA channels on IQ3, it would've been returned within first few weeks, it just hurts that I had to pay $150 for an inferior product compared to IQ2.

What really annoys me is that Foxtel have never made contact regarding the many issues I've raised, are you taking the WORMS approach, bury your head and the $HIT with eventually GO WAY, SHAME ON YOU, I EXPECT MORE.

They have a reference stb to match the IQ3 reliability to,and we all know its the IQ2 !! thank god I keep it for multi-room. Most of my viewing is done in slow motion on the IQ3 even non recorded content then a reset brings it back to normal but have to admit the video picture is excellent

cheers laurie

We also have series linked programmes not recording with no error message showing but it does record the extra 30 mins over run that was set eg record Elementary , shows its recorded ,

but it is the extra time I set for the free to air recordings , yet says elementary has recorded !.

Gettin a new box sent out but if this one plays up will revert to what ever is available as we had the mystar hd.

Edited by nutmeg1

I am just messaging to find out if anyone else is having problems with the iq3 remote. i have had to re pair mine 3 times this past week after resetting the box. The other day it was particularly bad and did not work out all. Normally it is just a few buttons not working. I rang foxtel and confirmed i have the current software which is 1.9.5.3 and notified them of the issue. The box is also slower since the update. Well it was alreasy slow prior to that. Anyone else experiencing similar issues.

We went and got an iq2 remote quite a while ago as it was more logically laid out and we found it more responsive than the blue tooth remote.

I am just messaging to find out if anyone else is having problems with the iq3 remote. i have had to re pair mine 3 times this past week after resetting the box. The other day it was particularly bad and did not work out all. Normally it is just a few buttons not working. I rang foxtel and confirmed i have the current software which is 1.9.5.3 and notified them of the issue. The box is also slower since the update. Well it was alreasy slow prior to that. Anyone else experiencing similar issues.

Yep, all buttons not working on Saturday, paired again, now some buttons don't work. Using the spare IQ2 remote at the moment, but not all translate, so I sit with an IQ3 remote in one hand and IQ2 remote in the other. Which is very bad as it doesn't leave any hands free for holding a Jack Daniels.

Cheers

Gary

Edited by GaryCook

Which is very bad as it doesn't leave any hands free for holding a Jack Daniels.

Cheers

Gary

Always could give the IQ3 a drink of Jack Daniels maybe it will make it better if that's possible :no:

cheers laurie

Always could give the IQ3 a drink of Jack Daniels maybe it will make it better if that's possible :no:

cheers laurie

I suspect it would have the same outcome as dunking an iPhone :whistle:

Cheers

Gary

The certain buttons not working problem happened to me once. I reset the iQ3 box and it was fixed. to reset, hold the on-off button for 5-10 seconds until the box goes into reset mode.

If that doesn't help, try unplugging the box for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.

The certain buttons not working problem happened to me once. I reset the iQ3 box and it was fixed. to reset, hold the on-off button for 5-10 seconds until the box goes into reset mode.

If that doesn't help, try unplugging the box for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.

I did the latter to get some buttons working, before the unplug/replug no buttons were working. I'll give it another go later tonight.

Cheers

Gary

I would suggest rolling back to your previous box because these boxes will never be right.Look at the ads iq3 is never mentioned, and they seem glad to down grade you and

give you a refund!