• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just messaging to find out if anyone else is having problems with the iq3 remote. i have had to re pair mine 3 times this past week after resetting the box. The other day it was particularly bad and did not work out all. Normally it is just a few buttons not working. I rang foxtel and confirmed i have the current software which is 1.9.5.3 and notified them of the issue. The box is also slower since the update. Well it was alreasy slow prior to that. Anyone else experiencing similar issues.

Yep, all buttons not working on Saturday, paired again, now some buttons don't work. Using the spare IQ2 remote at the moment, but not all translate, so I sit with an IQ3 remote in one hand and IQ2 remote in the other. Which is very bad as it doesn't leave any hands free for holding a Jack Daniels.

Cheers

Gary

Edited by GaryCook

The certain buttons not working problem happened to me once. I reset the iQ3 box and it was fixed. to reset, hold the on-off button for 5-10 seconds until the box goes into reset mode.

If that doesn't help, try unplugging the box for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.

The certain buttons not working problem happened to me once. I reset the iQ3 box and it was fixed. to reset, hold the on-off button for 5-10 seconds until the box goes into reset mode.

If that doesn't help, try unplugging the box for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.

I did the latter to get some buttons working, before the unplug/replug no buttons were working. I'll give it another go later tonight.

Cheers

Gary

I'm very reluctant to revert to the IQ2 for the main system, it's not hard to do, there's a perfectly good one in the family room system. The fact is there are lot of things that I really like about the IQ3. The picture quality is better, the sound quality is way superior, I can use a single HDMI connection, whereas with the IQ2 I have to use HDMI for the video and toslink for the audio. The ability to add extra recording time to the FTA channels is huge, saves several lost program endings a week. I am getting used to the IQ3 menu system, the IQ2 looks so clunky and old world now. Right now I have more than the IQ2 hard drive capacity recorded. Deleting unwatched programs had to be done often with the IQ2 and it's just not been necessary with the IQ3's capacity. When all of it's buttons work, the blue tooth remote is a big advantage. The faster speed of fast forward and rewind with picture on screen is something I use often, compared to the slower speed and guess work with the IQ2.

The problems I have experienced are all firmware related, they are fixed with a reboot. So I have a tiny bit of faith left that Foxtel will fix those issues with updates over time. If it turns out to be unfixable by firmware, hardware problems and/or limitations then they will be getting it back. I have time and patience.

Cheers

Gary

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone know how to find out how much hard drive space you have left on the iq3 and is there a new update yet

There is a visual representation bar on the LHS of the screen in the Library > Recorded > List View

Cheers

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, early last week I talked to Foxtel technical support via online chat and ran through my issues. Things like unbelievably slow response, can't delete programs, some buttons on the blue tooth remote not working despite many attempts at pairing, fast forward/rewind issues, programs not recording etc. Their suggestion was a new infrared remote, which I really didn't think would help as I had the same problems even when using the IQ2 infrared remote (except some buttons not working of course). They insisted, so I thought what the hell, it's worth try. The new remote arrived via registered post a couple of days later, looking much like the blue tooth remote, except for the infrared window of course. Well wattyaknow it's actually fixed about 85% of the issues. The other 15% haven't occurred in the last weeks or so, no program recording missed for example. Early days for sure, but so far so good.

So if you are having problems with your IQ3 and they suggest a new remote, don't be too sceptical, it might just work.

Cheers

Gary

Hi,

It's people like you that makes the world a better place. ;)

I rang Foxtel and they're sending a new IQ3 IR remote. I asked whether they'll want the IQ3 BT remote back, he advised if Foxtel send a return shipping document, return, otherwise keep.

Even though I use a Logitech Harmony 900 IR remote, I'll try the IQ3 IR remote to see if it is better, otherwise I should have a IR remote so the 900 can learn commands, something I couldn't do with the IQ3 BT remote.

Again, thanks.

Cheerz :):D;)

So if you are having problems with your IQ3 and they suggest a new remote, don't be too sceptical, it might just work.

Cheers

Gary

Just got back from a 5 week trip overseas and lost most of my series links that I set up before I left,not to mention the AFL grand final,and most all of my remote record from overseas,then I tried to turn it on to see the damage and it refused to turn on but I was ready for the disappointment

cheers laurie

I am just glad that we reverted to the Mystar hd box.Its so much better than the IQ3 ,though we are still waiting for the refund to go through from the IQ3 .It takes

3-5 business days to transfer to your account even though its been paid to Foxtel and is only an electronic transfer.Two phone calls a week apart and still waiting

for it to show up.

When and IF they release a new box , we will wait for the results before jumping in early again.

Finally we got the refund though it took 2 seperate phone calls over a week apart for it to finally happen.Why does it take 3-5 business days to transfer a credit to your

account when you have already paid them and it only has to be credited to your account ? .

We are so glad wew reverted back to the Mystar hd as it is light years ahead of the IQ3 regards operation and ease of use .

We had to do a reboot last night, the first time for well over a month. It shouldn't really be possible, but I suspect it was my fault. I navigated away from watching a recorded program before it finished but forgot to push the "stop" button. I'll refresh my memory but I'm pretty sure the IQ2 stopped paying automatically when you navigated away from a recorded program. Other than that one occurrence it's been smooth sailing using the new (infrared) remote.

Cheers

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

Given up!! I keep pressing buttons. Some days I get a response from the IQ3 other days it's a nightmare. Recordings work sometimes. Some days all looks normal and I sit down to watch a recorded programme and the damn thing doesn't come on. No recordings!! To think I paid for this totuure. If it wasn't for the ability to connect FTA, I would have returned this crap a long time ago.

Given up!! I keep pressing buttons. Some days I get a response from the IQ3 other days it's a nightmare. Recordings work sometimes. Some days all looks normal and I sit down to watch a recorded programme and the damn thing doesn't come on. No recordings!! To think I paid for this totuure. If it wasn't for the ability to connect FTA, I would have returned this crap a long time ago.

If you are still using the IQ3 blue tooth remote or an IQ1/2 infrared remote then I 'd suggest changing to the IQ3 infrared remote. That's fixed 99% of my day to day problems, a quick call to Foxtel and they will send one out no charge. Since changing remotes I have had to do 2 reboots in about 2 months, previously it was one per day. Software updates obviously helped as well, but changing the remote was the best single step.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks Gary. What do I tell them? I need an infrared remote?

I haven't ever used the Bluetooth one. Instead continued to use my Logitech Harmony one, which was programmed when I had the IQ2!!

I'll give the IR remote a shot. Cheers mate