Looking on whirlpool it seems there is an update for the software for installers to download to their usb stick and use from tomorrow.

I wonder when it will be downloaded on to the boxes.The no is 1.9.53.

Sorry but I don't know how to show whirlpool link here for you to read all about it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nutmeg1

New iQ3 software
The second iQ3 software update (version 1.9.5.3) is available for you to download to your USB now. It's important that you use this updated software on every iQ3 install you perform from Wed 29 July.

This software update will see an overall improved stability to the iQ3. This includes:

· Simpler way to connect to WiFi

o There’s now a one push option called WPS to connect to your WiFi

o Available for WPS enabled routers.

· Accurate results when running the WiFi speed test

· Eliminated the need for an adapter for HDMI ARC and CEC devices

· Better recording functionality

o Recordings fail due to ‘No Signal’ errors

o Clashes occur when recording shows, especially when using Series Link

o Issues occur with deleting recordings.

· iQ3 will manage disk space better

o When the iQ3 hard drive fills up, it will automatically delete recordings

o Like the iQ2, customers can Keep recordings they don’t want deleted

o To delete their own recordings when their hard drive is full, customers can switch their disk management settings from Auto to Manual.

· Easier way to identify previously viewed recorded content

o The iQ3 will now indicate previously watched recordings in a darker font and background

o This will occur when the customer has watched the recording in full (as in right to the very end)

o Available in Library and Episodic view.

· The iQ3 is less likely to get stuck in standby.

What’s next for the iQ3?
We are already working on the next iQ3 software update. The focus will continue on improving the iQ3s overall performance, speed and stability. We will pay specific attention to the iQ3’s recording reliability and Bluetooth functionality. We’ll let you know more in due time.

cheers laurie

This is now fairly old...this "upgrade". I recall waiting a couple of weeks before installing it...and I finally did it on 30th of May...nearly 2 months after, there is no sign of any further updates, whilst the IQ3 continues to perform like a crappy piece of tech (hate using that term for the IQ3)...

IF there is any tech purchase I regret it is the IQ3....

It states that the font will change colour when a recording has been watched, provided it is watched right to the very end. The problem is, most people add extra time to end of their recordings, how many stop the playback once the show has finished and not continue to the end of the recording, I do. Maybe it's smart enough to know the difference between the end of a show and the end of the recording.

It states that the font will change colour when a recording has been watched, provided it is watched right to the very end.

Oh, really? Font will change colour? Of all the corny indicators....ha ha. And you are right nudge, who watches the start of the next programme, just to get to the end of this one!! Wonder which chump thought of this one!!

This is now fairly old...this "upgrade". I recall waiting a couple of weeks before installing it...and I finally did it on 30th of May...nearly 2 months after, there is no sign of any further updates, whilst the IQ3 continues to perform like a crappy piece of tech (hate using that term for the IQ3)...

IF there is any tech purchase I regret it is the IQ3....

This is new software again.

Mines now got the new software 1.9.5.3, this should be interesting!

Edited by SLE355

Hi,

Just upgraded to 1.9.5.3, seems better but I think I need to power off, then plug in again as still a little laggy.

Anyway, for those that want to FORCE IQ3 UPDATE and having troubles, try the following:

First up, Check if you have the latest software.

1. Power cycle the Foxtel iQ3 (that is, UNPLUG power cable from the back of the Foxtel iQ3)
2. PRESS & HOLD the round STANDBY button (front panel of IQ3 (not on remote)
3. TURN ON IQ3 unit (Plug the power back in)
4. Wait until STANDBY button light goes from RED to BLUE, then RED to BLUE a second time (this will take approx. 20 seconds), then RELEASE the STANDBY button
5. IMMEDIATELY, QUICKLY PRESS (without ANY DELAY):
a) UP ARROW
..b. DOWN ARROW
c) STANDBY (round button on the front of the Foxtel iQ3)
If successful, the blue bootloader download screen will display (illustrated below), do not disconnect power while the download is happening and wait for the full process to complete and you have Foxtel video on your screen again; otherwise, repeat the steps above.
Edited by daMANiack

My box upgraded today. Long story short, had to have it done over the phone (after loosing recordings - but their back) the blue tooth remote volume control and mute button won't work. Tried a couple of things over the phone but no joy. (our audio amp does not have an optical connection so we are running, before the upgrade?, a DAC digital audio convertor to RCA, which has worked fine. Reset that, just to be sure, but same problem. Audio level from the box at one setting, we have to adjust the volume via the amp) The operator put me on hold then came back and said the new software version makes some of the blue tooth remotes audio functions not work. I asked if this meant Foxtel were going to have to replace all the Bluetooth remotes.... no answer. Apparently their going to send out a IR remote.......

Jeff

My box upgraded today. Long story short, had to have it done over the phone (after loosing recordings - but their back) the blue tooth remote volume control and mute button won't work. Tried a couple of things over the phone but no joy. (our audio amp does not have an optical connection so we are running, before the upgrade?, a DAC digital audio convertor to RCA, which has worked fine. Reset that, just to be sure, but same problem. Audio level from the box at one setting, we have to adjust the volume via the amp) The operator put me on hold then came back and said the new software version makes some of the blue tooth remotes audio functions not work. I asked if this meant Foxtel were going to have to replace all the Bluetooth remotes.... no answer. Apparently their going to send out a IR remote.......

Jeff

I had a few buttons on mine not working after the upgrade, reset the box and re-paired the remote and it was all good again.

I did try the reset etc., same result. However I have fixed the problem. I have the HDMI cable to the TV. My TV has a digital audio out so I have connected a toslink cable from the TV to the DAC and thus the amp. Bingo sound through the amp which is controlled by the Bluetooth remote, Now I do not know why connecting a toslink cable from the IQ3 box directly to the DAC doesn't work but....... I rang Foxtel to tell them not to bother to send the IR remote, they said too late, it is on the way so we will give it to you as a gift. I needed another paper weight ....... lol

Jeff

Am I the only one that hates the new planner version that has programmes that are the ones that are due to start 1st are at the bottom of the list

and the last ones to watch are at the top of the list.I don't look at the last days of the foxtel giude and work back for programmes yet in the planner

thats what now happens.So if you want to see whats on tonight you have to scroll to the bottom of the list to finds out.Bloody idiots in my opinion

that thought this one up !.

In all the years that I have been here from day one,this has to be the biggest stuff up of all times,every thing now is List View don't ask the users what they want NO just change it for the worst I rang Foxtel to backdate the upgrade and was told not possible

cheers laurie

We had the mystar hd before down grading to the IQ3 since the update the box is so unstable.If we get rid of the IQ3 would we get another mystar hd or an IQ2 ??.

Don't say the IQ3 is better than the mystar hd as they had problems but not like this box that in the last few days has had to be unplugged to reboot it and then still

have problems.Getting this and getting win 10 ( now back to win 7 ) are the worst mistakes I have made in a long time.

Edited by nutmeg1

Some issues seem to be better.

Its still unreliable though - I have a series record going and one episode was just missed, no failure message or anything it just isn't there. The series record is still there and older episodes are there, so presume there must have been some sort of failure. It also seems to struggle to record free-to-air channels reliably - almost all of these have failure notices on them, although some of the recordings work.

Also every 4-5 days it seems the box has a blue screen (no video, just audio) and needs a reboot. I thought this might be because updates are coming through regularly, but from the comments on the thread, sounds like there hasn't been an update for a while.

Edited by Ivanhoe

IQ3 is better with this firmware upgrade, but Foxtel, you have a long way to go and all you do is hide-your-head, IQ3 should never have been released with SOOO MANY BUGS to work out.

If it wasn't for getting FTA channels on IQ3, it would've been returned within first few weeks, it just hurts that I had to pay $150 for an inferior product compared to IQ2.

What really annoys me is that Foxtel have never made contact regarding the many issues I've raised, are you taking the WORMS approach, bury your head and the $HIT with eventually GO WAY, SHAME ON YOU, I EXPECT MORE.

They have a reference stb to match the IQ3 reliability to,and we all know its the IQ2 !! thank god I keep it for multi-room. Most of my viewing is done in slow motion on the IQ3 even non recorded content then a reset brings it back to normal but have to admit the video picture is excellent

cheers laurie

We also have series linked programmes not recording with no error message showing but it does record the extra 30 mins over run that was set eg record Elementary , shows its recorded ,

but it is the extra time I set for the free to air recordings , yet says elementary has recorded !.

Gettin a new box sent out but if this one plays up will revert to what ever is available as we had the mystar hd.

Edited by nutmeg1

• 2 weeks later...

I am just messaging to find out if anyone else is having problems with the iq3 remote. i have had to re pair mine 3 times this past week after resetting the box. The other day it was particularly bad and did not work out all. Normally it is just a few buttons not working. I rang foxtel and confirmed i have the current software which is 1.9.5.3 and notified them of the issue. The box is also slower since the update. Well it was alreasy slow prior to that. Anyone else experiencing similar issues.