Sign in to follow this  
beeblebrox

Now This Is A Nice Box!

Checkout the latest from Dish network,

sure it's paytv but compared to the paltry offerings we get here it's pretty neat.

Dish now have their Hopper and Joeys, full pvr and media distribution around the home.

it's got some nice features like the fact you can pause what you're watching in the lounge room and start playing it from where you left off in the bedroom, a built in remote finder, a primetime capture where it captures all the main channels in primetime...with a couple of terabyte in the box I suppose they can afford to do that

Both Dish and Direct pay networks offer a very basic system for your subscription fee. Everything else is a

"Pay For" add on. So while it all sounds wonderful, You will be paying a high price once you add up all the bits

Things are really hopping and its all because of the hopper...?

Must admit I was impressed at how the guy ran through the features. Everytime I've seen that done with any tech gear you always hit a point where the interviewer asks a difficult question or the tech misbehaves.

Interesting that prime time in the US starts at 8pm - or is that Prime Time

Be interesting to see how the multiroom join in feature works, I had visions of the people in the main room joining the bedroom channel and then having a fight out with their remotes as each wanted to do different things.

Being able to create your own channels seems an obvious and excellant approach. Much better than the cumbersome 'Favourites' we've only seen. They're really only good for hiding all unwanted channels.

Also notable is that the unit uses just one tuner to record the four major networks. I always thought it made much more sense to fit ABC, SBS, 7, 9, 10 (main channel) into a single mux. Perhaps their HD channels into a second mux, etc. That way a single tuner PVR could record all five major stations at once. Pity.

Looking online it seems packages start at $80 a month so I'd imagine the premium services could top $200.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Both Dish and Direct pay networks offer a very basic system for your subscription fee. Everything else is a

"Pay For" add on. So while it all sounds wonderful, You will be paying a high price once you add up all the bits

I had to watch direct tv for a month while over in the us some time ago. Yep 99 channels of trash and nothing to watch. Worse still they repeating the trash over and over again ! And then to add insult to injury the pq and sq is equally cr@p ! :lol:

[quote name=:)' timestamp='1327790908' post='1776923]

I had to watch direct tv for a month while over in the us some time ago. Yep 99 channels of trash and nothing to watch. Worse still they repeating the trash over and over again ! And then to add insult to injury the pq and sq is equally cr@p ! :lol:

you went to the States for that ?

we get that right here , its called AUSTAR

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dean70
      For Sale: Homecast HT5000 HD Set Top Box. Includes a Toslink optical cable and a Kordz DVI->HDMI cable.
      Excellent condition, about 5 years old.
      $200.00

This box features DVI video output (HDMI without audio), Dolby SPDIF Optical output, true 16:9 or 4:3 video output. It also features standard composite, S-Video, SCART and RGB
      analogue video outputs for older TV's or Home Theater applications.
      DVI is the only true digital output source for the highest quality video on Plasma and LCD TV's as well as projectors. DVI is simply HDMI without audio integrated into one
      cable. If your TV only has HDMI you can purchase a DVI to HDMI cable and use separate audio cables without any problem. Resolutions supported are 1080i, 720p, 576p and 576i
      DVI also allows you to connect a normal computer monitor which has DVI input to the HT5000 converting your computer monitor into a High Definition television.
      Key Features:
      -SPDIF Optical Digital Out for clear digital sound
      -DVI Output for high quality video
      -MPEG-2 Digital & Fully DVB Complaint
      -Uses the latest ATI Xilleon chip set with 300MHz clock speed.
      -Variable aspect ratios: 4:3, 16:9 and letterbox
      -Capacity to store 4000 Free to air channels
      -Teletext and subtitles supported
      -EPG (Electronic Program Guide)
      -Thomson tuner for high sensitivity
      -Favourite channel list
    • By trimba
      Hi, Hopefully you guys have great weekend.

Do you have any recommendation on Courier or Shipping company to post floor standing speakers to USA?

If you don't mind, would you be able to share the approximate cost as well to give me some ideas.

The pair of speakers that I'm going to send is pretty heavy too around 22kg each. Appreciate d your thought and Thank you ...

Chen

• By mello yello
      website

http://legacyaudio.com/

saw and heard a pair of their monsters at Pymble HiFi a while ago, Whispers i think going by the picture below

they were absolute monsters alright with a just won lotto pricetag too, but i notice they have some more real world type speakers in their range as well including some on wall and in wall designs that ive always kept a keen eye on   has anyone used or heard the entry level Legacy, i can imagine the $30,000 pairs would sound ok, but are the entry level worth considering ?   i currently have Orpheus Auroras in a modest real world set-up but if and when i ever have to replace them (reluctantly) i think Legacy might be a worthy replacement for Orpheus ?   what do others think ? yes i know "go and listen for yourself", but even then i would never hear anyone elses opinion would i ?
    • By migasson
      Hello.

Yep, bad luck has hit me again! As soon as I've got myself a nice setup, circumstances have compelled me to sell these. These are the best headphones I've ever had the pleasure to own, or to listen to. Easier to drive then the other Audeze models too. I don't want to sell these, but I need the cash. Its a really reluctant sale, I've had them for a month, give or take a week. you'll get all the accessories and packaging, and receipt. Price includes freight to anywhere in Australia. Sale is for Australian buyers only. These are $2265 new, so you'll save $465!

* Item full name and model etc.  Audeze LCD-X
      * Item condition description: Used for a month, in flawless condition with ALL original packaging and receipt  
      * Price and price conditions: $1800 including freight
      * Reason for selling: Need the money
      * Payment Methods: Paypal, Cash on Delivery.

Anyone on StereoNet that's bought gear off me knows that a) it works and I look after my gear. It's exactly how I've described:)  

• By vpiindustries
      Greetings from the US!  This forum was recommended to us and it looks like a great place to be involved in to help answer turntable questions and provide easier access for requested information.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!

Mat Weisfeld