Finding Work In The Satellite/aerial Industry Down Under

Guest PommyLuke

Guest PommyLuke

Hi all,

New to this site but would like some info please, currently live and work in the uk for Sky tv as an engineer installing satellite boxes into homes, servicing them and servicing customers home broadband.

We are thinking about coming to your pleasant country as we have family over there and I would like to stay in this industry but I'm finding hard to get info about satellite installers/engineers, is there anyone that could help.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

New to this site but would like some info please, currently live and work in the uk for Sky tv as an engineer installing satellite boxes into homes, servicing them and servicing customers home broadband.

We are thinking about coming to your pleasant country as we have family over there and I would like to stay in this industry but I'm finding hard to get info about satellite installers/engineers, is there anyone that could help.

Thanks

Hi

I'm in the same position as Leep80 - I work for Sky as an installer/engineer and hopefully moving to Australia in the next year or so, all going well. There's very little info on the Satellite TV Installer job situation in Australia. Do Foxtel employ installers directly, or is it only BSA that employs installers. And what certificates does someone coming from the UK need to have before they can start installing. Any up to date info on this would be great.

Thanks in advance

BSA gives work to installers who run as independant contractors, not directly employs them. You will need to have your own business as a PTY LTD and a cabling licence and suitable commercial vehicle that can carry large extension ladders. Work can be varied and at times hard and intense and on short notice.

You will need to find out if they will employ you with your VISA status etc.

• 2 weeks later...

BSA gives work to installers who run as independant contractors, not directly employs them. You will need to have your own business as a PTY LTD and a cabling licence and suitable commercial vehicle that can carry large extension ladders. Work can be varied and at times hard and intense and on short notice.

You will need to find out if they will employ you with your VISA status etc.

Thanks for the reply Z2TT. I'm applying for a Skilled Independent Visa, and suppose I could set up a contract business later on down the line. I would need to find a job ASAP and get my cable licence, then start applying to sub-contractors. I notice you're in Perth, whats the work like for Antenna installs, is there plenty of it in Perth?

• 2 years later...