Sign in to follow this  
snorri

Toppro 2000 Possible Problem

Bought my 7yo one of these for her room so we in the lounge don't have to deal with abc 3 programs clogging up the grown ups topfield.

Anyway I set it up today, problem seems to be on hdmi the volume output is very very very low, there is no volume ofset in the toppros menu.

obviously this is a childs single tuner, turning the tv down from full volume each time she want to watch what is a not being recorded is simply not on.

Anyone else had this problem, with this unit? worried it is a bug and not a fault.

Did you turn up the pvr volume? The 5k certainly had volume controls on the remote.

Did you turn up the pvr volume? The 5k certainly had volume controls on the remote.

Yeah I did, I will try today changing out the HDMI and then if no joy set it up to the main TV which already has 3 pvrs attached, only ever come across this problem this bad once before and that was with a sony VCR after sony scrapped their higher quality standards.

I just checked it's not the hdmi cable nor is it the TV it's the unit, when watching FTA through HDMI on the Toppro 2000 then one changes to watch digital TV the volume at the TV is now 100% louder than the toppros setting....need to decrease the TVs volume by 50% to reach previous viewing levels.

This is a pretty serious fault...probably a bug, poor architecture etc......not a useable machine in the real world today IMO.

Would love to hear if anyone with this unit has the same problem, to return it it's a 60km round trip and then possibly to return with another one with the identical fault.

Our beyonwiz has the same problem but not as bad, the twin tuner toppy too but better again, this toppro thing is WAY out there!

Edited by snorri

So I take it that on the wiz and on the new toppro you turn the PVR volume all the way up? As it isn't really a volume control at all but a volume reducer. If you aren't using a 5.1 amp,i would set the audio to decode or 2 channel or whatever the toppro has in the audio settings.

So I take it that on the wiz and on the new toppro you turn the PVR volume all the way up? As it isn't really a volume control at all but a volume reducer. If you aren't using a 5.1 amp,i would set the audio to decode or 2 channel or whatever the toppro has in the audio settings.

Cheers, No on the 7100 and the P2 the problem is quite minor esp as they have within their menu volume compensation to account for it, but the toppro has it in a big way and has no compensation within. Tried the toppros audio settings, uber basic they are. no 5.1 in my daughters room.

Might need to try the RGB cables instead and see if the toppro does a better job through these than HDMI.

Still it's a pain in this day and age even the most inadequate set top boxs sold at woolworths etc can get this right yet topfield/pro didn't.

Cheers, No on the 7100 and the P2 the problem is quite minor esp as they have within their menu volume compensation to account for it, but the toppro has it in a big way and has no compensation within. Tried the toppros audio settings, uber basic they are. no 5.1 in my daughters room.

Might need to try the RGB cables instead and see if the toppro does a better job through these than HDMI.

Still it's a pain in this day and age even the most inadequate set top boxs sold at woolworths etc can get this right yet topfield/pro didn't.

Ok fixed the problem, bought a masterpice yesterday as the new main lounge recorder, the 7100 is now heading to my daughters room on loan and her toppro 2k is to be on loan in the parents bedroom.

problem solved.lol

cheers