Rwc Semi Finals On Gem In High Def

and what about the Rugby League Test Match this Sunday (Australia Vs New Zealand)?

edit: appears both Rugby Union and League are in HD

Rugby union looks very nice in hd when flicking back and forth to the sd broadcast on NBN ; actually make out the fans in the stadium :) Over in time to get csi new york in HD as well ; win/win

Does look very nice for FTA HD. thanks Ch9... Now please PLEASE PLEASE show NRL in HD on GEM next year PLEASE!

Clearly, some of the regional affiliates are doing a better job of broadcasting GEM than in my area (Cairns).

Given this weekends HD efforts from 9, will there be a change of heart when it comes to the summer of cricket??

both the NRL and the RWC semi finals looked pretty darn decent on Gem here...would be one very happy camper if we could get the cricket live in HD. (not holding my breath though).

Maybe we should all send emails to 9 saying how wonderful it is to watch live sport in HD! (as opposed to the usual Luddites that complain when the same thing is on two channels at once and why can't they watch that Errol Flynn movie from 1947...) :rolleyes:

D.

Edited by hidefdave

The picture was breaking into squares on fast or moderate pans here.

Certainly wasn't perfect here by any stretch...and nothing compared to seeing it in HD on Fox sports...but a heap better than how it looks watching on nine/win SD.

D.

Maybe we should all send emails to 9 saying how wonderful it is to watch live sport in HD! (as opposed to the usual Luddites that complain when the same thing is on two channels at once and why can't they watch that Errol Flynn movie from 1947...) :rolleyes:

D.

A number of us called and wrote last year complaining when the sport was not shown in HD.

I have just called channel nine to thank/congratulate them for returning some sport to a HD channel. I suggest that everyone here who wrote or called last year now do the opposite this year and give credit where credit is due. If enough people call and say they are happy with a change they may just reconsider their position on the matter.

Edit: Here are the contact details;

By phone:

Channel Nine Sydney (02) 9906-9999

Channel Nine Melbourne (03) 9420-3111

Channel Nine Brisbane (07) 3214-9999

Channel Nine Adelaide (08) 8267 0111

Channel Nine Perth (08) 9449 9999

or by writing to:

NSW Viewers: PO Box 27 Willoughby, NSW 2068

Vic Viewers: PO Box 100 Richmond, Vic 3121

QLD Viewers: PO Box 72 Brisbane, QLD 4001

JSmith :ninja:

Edited by jsmith

Despite originally planning for it, Nine have decided to take the HD broadcasts back. This Sunday's Rugby World Cup final will not be simulcast on GEM with Antiques Roadshow and As Time Goes By taking their place. So no more HD...